OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please make outlook remember emails that are 'safe' which contain HTML content.

In Windows Outlook you can classify emails from known sources as 'safe' without having to add them to your contacts was you have to in Mac version. I dont want to add Cosco or Honda to my contacts, but I will want to receive mailings, and not have to click on 'Download Pictures' every time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Daily out of office after business hours

Why is it so difficult to set up an out of office that triggers daily after business hours?
    Currently, if I have to schedule an out of office that triggers everyday between 5:00 PM and 9:00 AM, I actually have to manually set up the Out of Office daily!

This is just a pain. There HAS to be a simpler way to get this done!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need ability to update calendar events without sending an email notification

Need to be able to update meeting details such as the description or adding a new participant without emailing all the participants every time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow recall of a sent email on all versions of Outlook for Mac

There's no recall for sent email. On other platforms you can actually choose how many seconds you have to recall a mssg. I cant believe we don't have this option

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "send availability" & "defer (scheduling) email" similar to iOS version

Would like to have the iOS "send availability" & "defer (scheduling) email" features in Mac version. Currently, the iOS features do not appear to be available in the Mac version.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If I create an appointment from an email, it does not allow me to drag it around in my calendar to a free spot

If I right click on an email and create an appointment from an email, it does not allow me to drag it around in my calendar to a free spot like it does when I create a new meeting. By the way, many of these features are the exact reason no one can touch Outlook!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG: Outlook autoformatting text with heading styles

For the last few Insider Fast updates I've faced an annoying bug.
    If I don't end a paragraph with a full-stop or comma before hitting return (twice) Outlook autoformats the paragraph with a heading style.

My default font is set to Georgia 11pt.

If I start an email 'Dear Tim' then press enter twice it autoformats 'Dear Tim as Calibri Light 16pt in blue.

The only advice Support could give was to use the Preference reset tool, but this wipes all any categories or rules you have set up, and I have around 50 of each so am reluctant to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add tasks from list

In the Windows version, I can create a new task from within the list, rather than having to launch a new dialog. Please do this in the Mac version, too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Various inboxes under "all accounts" as an overview and show number of unread messages (as in older versions)

When using various mail accounts, an overview under "all accounts" of all inboxes would be very helpful as in older Outlook versions. Working with various mail accounts in the new version of Outlook is not user friendly. In particular, you do not see how many unread messages there are other than after opening each of the mail accounts. I am using four mail accounts on a daily basis for various businesses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. junk folder rule or automation

Allow us to automatically empty the "Junk" folder based on a schedule or rule. This would be similar to "auto-archive" in the Windows version, so that the Junk folder doesn't just fill up forever on a POP account (which I use in my work). Yet another request to make the Mac Outlook resemble the Windows version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. internal and external email tab or view.

Create a tab (or view) that allows me to easily switch between a message list that contains internal and external emails. I could see a tab next to "other" or a special filter under the Filter Email button on the Ribbon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recoverable Items support

It would be nice to be able to access the recoverable items folder from the Outlook for Mac client. This feature is available in the Windows and web clients.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/policy-and-compliance/recoverable-items-folder/recoverable-items-folder?view=exchserver-2019

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add the Outlook Customer Manager Add-on in Outlook for Mac

The Outlook Customer Manager add-on is a great tool for Windows Users. As of Outlook for Mac version 16.20 the add-on is not available in Outlook, and we need this module / app in Outlook

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I need the capability of saving a specific OUTLOOK email folder to a specific folder in my DOCUMENTS.

For legal purposes I need to save all emails pertaining to specific real estate transactions their respective FOLDERs in Documents on my MAC. I then download them to a thumb drive and save them for 7 years, as required. About 3 years ago that capability disappeared and I've been stuck ever since.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow "Filter Email" status to be remembered when switching between e-mail accounts

Allow "Filter Email" status to be remembered when switching between e-mail accounts.
    Presently you have to redo "Filter E-mail" anytime you switch between inboxes. For example, if I look at Email Account #1 with the "Unread" filter on, then switch momentarily to Email Account #2 to read an e-mail, when I come back to the same folder of Email Account #1, the filter has automatically been removed and I have to redo it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide the ability to export emails to a common format (CSV, JSON XML etc)

Outlook Mac only allows you to export emails to another .olm file which is useless then you need to move the data to different applications. Please provide the above option, even if it excludes attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. hide default folders - clutter etc

Provide ability to hide folders such as clutter, subscriptions, sync issues and conversation history. They spoil the clean display

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bring back the option to send mass emails by having the drop down contain all contacts in a, b, c, etc. Can't edit registry on a Mac!

Bring back the option to access all contacts from the drop down menu to send mass emails on Mac. The registry can't be edited on a Mac so Mac users are limited to the most recent 8 contacts and can't access any other contacts under the letter A, for example. It used to work this way until the idiots at Microsoft changed it recently. The only reason Microsoft did this is to make it harder for Mac users to work with Microsoft's software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base