OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow some customisation of touch bar in outlook

my finger strays onto the send button on the touch bar in outlook and this is causing some embarrassment. Please allow us to turn on or off this functionality or to customise the bar in outlook

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for 0365 groups

Please add support for Office365 groups to Outlook 2016 for Mac desktop client. This functionality has existed in Windows since Outlook 2013 and the Office 365 Groups app has been available for iOS for a while now.
    please add this to Outlook for Mac!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mac gestures

Please make marking an email as read, unread, or flagged using gestures possible for Mac users. (ie: two finger swipe to the right while hovered over an email marks an email unread)

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news. Starting in the March production release of Outlook for Mac (version 16.11), you can now customize message list swipe gestures.

Set the swipe left and swipe right gestures to the actions you use most. Choose from Delete, Archive, Mark as Read, Flag, or None.

Please refer to the Outlook Blog on Tech Community for more details:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Blog/Outlook-for-Mac-now-supports-swipe-gesture-customization-in/ba-p/158208

Thanks,
    Outlook for Mac team

4. I suggest to add feature to get search word highlighted in outlook whenever we search any word/phrase.

I suggest to add feature to get search word highlighted in outlook whenever we search any word/phrase.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Honor OS X Do Not Disturb setting

OS X has a Do Not Disturb feature in the notification panel. Outlook ignores the setting. I usually turn on OS X DND when I'm on a call.
    At the moment, I have to close Outlook to be sure no sounds pop up.
    Outlook should honor the OS X DND setting and mute itself appropriately.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for submitting this request, we’re a team that’s in charge of reading and reporting all feedback from users to our development teams.

We do want to get this type of suggestion to the correct team so we have forwarded this information and we have also created a similar suggestion in our Outlook Mac section.

For ideas related to Mac for personal use, please send those to our feedback section titled Outlook for Mac or use the following link: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

We look forward to seeing feedback from you in the future!

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base