OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Please implement the bulk edit of categories for all classe (appointments, contacts, mails, notes)

Pleas implement the bulk edit of categories for all objects (contacts, notes, appointments, mails, etc.)

I need to change categories in my contacts database and can do it only for single entries, that's a nightmare because I have a huge contact database.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creat a keyboard shortcut for muting/unmuting mic in Teams meetings

It seems like a pretty good idea during a global pandemic when everyone is online chatting in meetings all-day. Instead of finding where my cursor is on my screen, maneuvering it to the tiny mic icon to unmute myself, I could simply use a hotkey combo to do it for me, like Slack and Zoom. Microsoft is so frustrating.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change the way autodiscovery works first try autodiscover.domain.com

Enterprise macs who uses office365 mostly uses autodiscover.domain.com as the way to setup things. However MS Outlook for mac goes first to try domain.com then autodiscovery.domain.com. This way it creates unwanted traffic on your company's website. If you have quite many macs you get much unwanted traffic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AI to combine repeated ideas

Run an AI to combine or suggest the user of uservoice.com to combine while trying to write an existing suggested idea, to not let the users keep on repeating the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Send 6-digit two factor authentication codes in a format that MacOS can suggest them for autofill

When my bank sends a 6 digit two factor authentication code, MacOS will suggest the code as an autofill on the banking screen. When Microsoft send 6 digit 2FA codes to access our corporate enterprise site, they don't get suggested as an autofill. When I change my corporate password (every few months) I can get up to 20 SMS messages with codes. Would be useful if I didn't need to type them all in across Mac Mail and all the MS office apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow opening multiple Outlook instances (e.g. one screen with Calendar, second with mailbox)

Back on Windows I always had two Outlook Windows open - one with mailbox, the second with calendar. Was really practical to be able to scroll through the calendar when writing an email and looking for possible slots to suggest a meeting/phone call/ etc. On Mac this does not seem possible.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Implement anything on this UserVoice at all

I really haven't seen much of this UserVoice ever get implemented. I see the same old problems with Outlook on Mac now that I did 4 years ago.

Until we get connections to Apple calendars and contacts, and Outlook for Mac has any functionality of Outlook for Windows above what it has now, there's just no point in using it. I think we're simply being ignored.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sensitivity Labels in New Outlook for Mac

The new Outlook for Mac has Sensitivity label greyed out whereas the current Outlook for Mac has them available. When can we have Sensitivity labels working in the new Outlook for Mac?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. sync categories across platforms and users

1) If user is on Office 365 and using Mac Outlook client, should be able to have ONE consistent set of Categories, using same names and colors. Not separate categories for each platform (i.e. local categories on Outlook Mac, network categories on Office 365 client).
    2) Should be able to establish "system wide" categories for multiple (Office 365) users, so that different users can organize mail, calendar, to do items in agreed-upon categories.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix Dark Mode to include the message preview

Just like the topic says. Make dark mode include the message preview pane. The main interface is nice but the dark mode being there then contrasting with a bright white message preview really hurts the eyes.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Consistent naming across platforms and products

You've just changed the name of Trash in Outlook Mac to Rubbish but it's called Deleted Items via the portal. In some apps you call Teams, Groups and so it goes on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option drag to create duplicate item

I believe I used to be able to hold option down, drag an event and it would create a duplicate. When I do it now in the "New" Outlook, it changes the mouse icon to include the "+" symbol, but it only moves the event - it doesn't duplicate it. In email, it tries to move the email, rather than duplicating it. I want a duplicate of the event/email, not the selected object moved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Accounts: advanced options

In the "Old" Outlook preferences -> Accounts, there's an "Advanced..." option to be able to go in and make some changes to the account. This is no longer available in the "New" Outlook. It should still be available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "New Items" menu to Dock icon

By right clicking on the dock icon, it would be great to access the "New item" menu. I don't need to see the main Outlook window if I need to create a new email, note, appointment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Outlook window will not resize to lesser height

I am not able to make my Outlook window shorter so my Mac buttons cover the bottom of the Outlook screen. I only need to see a few entries at the top but when I go to use the handle at the bottom, it's just an arrow to make it longer and I cannot make it shorter. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. hide foot

make the footer bar optional, possibility to hide it
    It only consumes space and does not provide any value as there is only the number of mails and the sync information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Slow to detect internal network

It is so slow to detect that it is on internal network. At least 2-3 times a pop up displays. After that couple of re-authentication pop up, even though credentials are stored in keychains. Then it starts working.

Also, there is no auto reconnection when connection is lost. Why???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Regular reoccurring out of office

Add a function where out of office can be turned on for reoccurring days. ie when part time workers are regularly out of the office on the same days each week.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. groups te

When can I see all my groups as it displays only the 10 most active groups on the Mac versions of Outlook? Since 2016 you promised all groups would be visible in a future update ... so when is that?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable/Support Split View

Latest Outlook UI can't compress enough to accommodate both 'Teams' and 'Outlook' on a 15" MacBook Pro screen. Outlook with Split View works great on larger displays.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories