OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar and task-list in main-screen of outlook

At the moment calendar and task-list just can be used in separate screens. It would be very useful to implement both features (calendar & task-list) in the main screen of outlook, where mail view and folder structure is located. Windows-version of outlook already delivers this function by a so called "popup"-function, so please make it possible for mac-users, too. thanks.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability for Calendar filters, i.e. Categories, to support Grid view, currently only supports List view. Feature removed in 16.20 update

Microsoft removed the feature for you to select which Category to show on a Calendar i.e. Grid View. You used to be able to do this by clicking on the Triangle next to a Calendar in the Sidebar which would display all of your Categories. Then you could pick and choose which Categories to display on your Calendar. Now that this feature is removed, you must use Filters, which would be OK but Filters only support List View. Feature removed in 16.19 or 16.20 update.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow sync with IMAP calendars

I just found out that IMAP calendars will no longer sync with Outlook 2016. Calendars are such an important part of business services, I'm not sure why this was removed!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Let us set a default calendar view and default inbox view

Really need to be able to configure default views for every app and app section.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Propose New Time to Meeting and Optionally Include Others on the Response

Similar to the suggestion "Add additional recipients to calendar response", please add the ability to optionally include others on the Reply that's created when responding to an invitiation from someone and you choose "Propose a New Time". Currently, it is not possible to type additional recipients in the "To:" field or to add a "CC:" or "BCC:" field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 430 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Easier calendar selection with multiple calendar

When creating a new calendar event or adjusting an existing one and you have multiple O365 accounts connected to Outlook there should a clear selection bar when you can select the calendar (like the from field selector when you send an e-mail) so it is obvious which calendar you are selecting.

Right now it is roll the dice!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Switching events between calendars in Outlook App

In the previous version of Outlook for Mac, the user could drag an existing event from one calendar and drop it into another calendar, like a shared calendar, simply by dragging it over to the right-side menu and hovering over the calendar the user wanted to move it to.

In the latest version, that doesn't seem to be possible anymore (16.20).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. [Bug report] Offline updates to calendar invites are lost

As a user of Outlook connected to Exchange, I want to add information to an unsent meeting invite when I am not connected to a network.
    Expected result: The calendar invite can be updated before it is sent (in a similar manner to unsent emails), and the recipient sees the latest version.

Actual result: Changes made to unsent meeting invites are lost, and there appears to be no way to recover the unsent changes that were made.
    Client version: Outlook for Mac 16.12 (180410)

Server: Exchange (unknown version)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Disconnect from network (preventing Outlook from sending).
    2.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Re-introduce auto-pick

Please re-introduce Auto-pick when searching for a suitable moment for a meeting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support for Apple iCloud calendar

It's extremely important to sync Calendar App with Outlook calendar to let me use Outlook for Mac instead of Mail App.

216 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create new meeting from existing meeting

Create a new meeting based on the attendees and notes of a current meeting. This could be used to setup a follow-up or continued discussion for that initial meeting. Include in the details of the new meeting the original meeting date/time as a reference.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a toggle to show declined events

I want to be able to 'decline' meetings and event invitations, but still see them on my calendar.
    This is useful when my office is having a party or event where tickets or meals will be purchased. They need to know I won't be attending, but I also need to know that they'll all be busy so that I don't try to schedule meetings over those events.
    I know I can use the scheduling-helper to see invitee's availability, but it would be a lot more useful to just at-a-glance know when there's an event or meeting that I declined but…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Daily Calendar Print missing details; only shows titles

After upgraded to Mojave OS last week; on Outlook for MAC 16.19 ver; now I've lost ability to print Meeting title "and" location detail when printing a daily outlook calendar. How to restore and print location details again?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shared Calendar issue - change 'remove' verbiage

In the latest version of MS Outlook for Mac verbiage was changed on calendars when attempting to remove shared calendars. When right clicking on a shared calendar now and selecting 'remove', this option no longer just removes the calendar from view. Depending on permissions it may actually delete that shared calendar. Remove and Delete are not the same thing and absolutely shouldn't serve as both. After the latest Outlook upgrade, several users appeared in one of our users calendar view that they didn't want or need so they right clicked and selected remove. This deleted every event from that persons…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please allow us to attach files to an event/appointment in Outlook for Mac, Pleeeeaaaseeee...

Please allow us to attach files to an event/appointment in Outlook for Mac, Pleeeeaaaseeee...

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the ability to copy/paste or export meeting attendees status

When creating large meetings it is difficult to track meeting attendance status. In the Windows version you are able to copy attendee status to the clip board which I can then paste into Excel and build a pivot table to quickly see who has accepted an not responded. When there are more 12 users in the meeting this become very important in a business setting.

Thank you

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display multiple shared calendars side-by-side (currently limited to 3) in day view.

I regularly need to view multiple shared calendars (often 8 or 9). This is fine in Outlook for Windows which allows multiple shared calendars to be displayed side-by-side in the day view, but the Mac version limits me to 3 calendars side-by-side. Adding any more merges the content making it much more difficult to identify individuals and schedule activities. I'd like to see the restriction removed to allow multiple calendars to be displayed in individual columns making scheduling across multiple individuals and rooms much easier.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix authorisation problems in Outlook calender for Mac.

If you share calender with an PC Outlook user it won´t work unless you give full authorisation on the PC calender. This is very annoying and would be much appreciated if you could fix.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base