OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Calendar and task-list in main-screen of outlook

At the moment calendar and task-list just can be used in separate screens. It would be very useful to implement both features (calendar & task-list) in the main screen of outlook, where mail view and folder structure is located. Windows-version of outlook already delivers this function by a so called "popup"-function, so please make it possible for mac-users, too. thanks.

253 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tally number of accepts, denies, etc on meeting invites

In Windows Outlook, as a meeting organizer, you can open the appointment and see the total number of accepts, denies, tentatives and no responses. This is extremely useful for anyone organizing a work event and needing a head count.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. teams meeting details should appear at top of meeting invite

When inviting people to a teams meeting on the Mac the meeting details are added to the bottom of the email and people often say that the joining information is missing however if this was at the top of the email /invite it would be easier and more obvious when they are joining the meeing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatic assignment of Meeting Rooms

When I schedule a meeting (series of meeting ) it is difficult to get same meeting room for entire duration (entire series). To add to complexity, when there are participants from multiple location and we need to book a room for each location across the globe it gets more challenging. I want outlook to come up with smart meeting room allocation algorithm to pick up a meeting room from each location whichever are available for the time slot of a meeting. Algorithm could assign different rooms at different location for each occurrence of the meeting but at the time of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide "emails received that day" from a day being viewed on Calendar

As a user, I often wish to see emails received on a past day or week of my calendar. I would like a contextual command to construct an email search criteria from the selected Calendar view.

"Emails received that day|week"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display detail of a meeting attendee when you click same as in mail

If I click an addressee in Outlook mail it show a pop-up with details of that person. Please add the same to attendee list in the schedule window for a meeting so I can see a persons detail without having to manually look them up in contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Calendar, refusing a meeting invitation do not delate the meeting from calendar

It could be useful for time management to keep in the calendar a trace of a meeting on witch we've been invited even if we refuse participation

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show meeting category colors when scheduling a meeting in Scheduling tab

When scheduling a meeting, the colors that are assigned to a meeting, via a Category, aren't being displayed when the Scheduling tab is active

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable automatic synchronization of event answers between web-interface and outlook for mac (desktop app)

When I send a calender event invitation to an attendee (in or out my organization) the outlook for mac desktop app does not sync the attendee's answer automatically with the web-interface. In the web-interface I can see that the person has accepted my invitation. But in the Outlook for Mac App I only see "the attendee has not answered yet". Even hours later this information is still not synced. I must click on "sync now" to update the calender. Then it works. It would be much more helpful if the outlook app syncs automatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "request responses"

Add a preference setting to enable/disable "Request Responses" by default in new meetings I create

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability for Calendar filters, i.e. Categories, to support Grid view, currently only supports List view. Feature removed in 16.20 update

Microsoft removed the feature for you to select which Category to show on a Calendar i.e. Grid View. You used to be able to do this by clicking on the Triangle next to a Calendar in the Sidebar which would display all of your Categories. Then you could pick and choose which Categories to display on your Calendar. Now that this feature is removed, you must use Filters, which would be OK but Filters only support List View. Feature removed in 16.19 or 16.20 update.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show only your own calendar reminders

If you have several calendars from several mailboxes, it should be possible to select the calendars to which you want to get reminders. Right now you'll get reminders from all calendars. Alternatively only show reminders from the main calendar like in Outlook for Windows

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import csv file into outlook calendar

I'd like to import a csv file into my Outlook calendar and have it creating appointments from it (same functionality as available for Outlook PC).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make sending calendar notifications when something is changed optional

Every time there is a change in agenda, or a meeting shortened to 30 minutes instead of 45, the calendar sends the changes to everyone as an email. If things need to be updated frequently, the people in the meeting get a barrage of emails which is confusing and unnecessary. Please allow the option of sending notifications or not for each change made to an invite. It would be much easier if some changes were able to be made without notifications.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need ability to update calendar events without sending an email notification

Need to be able to update meeting details such as the description or adding a new participant without emailing all the participants every time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Develop an "add note" feature for invitees to Outlook calendar appointments/meetings.

Let's say I've been invited to a meeting. I want to be able to keep track of questions I have, ideas to bring up, agenda items to propose, etc. just so I won't forget them. Items should be visible only to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make "Working Elsewhere" visible within Scheduling Assistant

I work from home once a week, so I created an appointment for my remote day and selected "Working Elsewhere" for "Show As". However, in Scheduling Assistant, I am the only one who sees this status, so when someone is looking to schedule a meeting, I appear "Free". Please fix this issue so that Scheduling Assistant shows Busy, Tentative, Free, AND Working Elsewhere status. Thanks.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide the ability to create folders for Gmail users.

Our company uses Gmail. Most users use webmail which I find difficult to manage and difficult to follow threads/conversations. I would prefer to use Outlook. I am a consummate folder user. If I'm trying to get away from Gmail webmail, why make me go back to webmail to create and organize folders? Also, would appreciate the ability to access the corporate address book. This is for Outlook 365 on a Mac.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable customization of the ribbon

Enable the ability to customize (add/remove/reorder) ribbon items.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories