OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Unified Inbox - Outlook

OUTLOOK should have a UNIFIED INBOX (and sent box) for users with multiple accounts (IMAP or POP). This is the default behavior on most mobile email clients and desktop clients so clearly there's not a technical limitation to implement this (see Apple Mail MacOS or iOS for an example). There would simply be ONE INBOX that displays all the mail received, yet the individual account folders would remain so users could dig into each account separately if needed. For any business user this is an essential email feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve search feature 'quick suggestions' behavior

The 'Quick Suggestion' search feature will offer to search for emails from a certain contact when you start typing a contact name.
    This is great, but:
    1. right now when selecting such a Quick Suggestion this results in a "from: firstname lastname" search
    2. search results in this case will not show all emails coming from this person
    3. manually seaching (not using quick suggestion) for "from: firstname.lastname@emaildomain.com" do show all emails coming from this person

It would be more intuitive that a Quick Suggestion to search for the emails of a certain person will produce search results that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include option to disable DELETE ALL trash can in the Outlook Organize tab (Mac)

I’ve been burned again by Outlook (Mac)….
    I accidentally selected DELETE ALL twice now over the last month or so, deleting massive numbers of emails before I was able to stop it, particularly the first time. I was able to recover both times, but it is a BIG HASSLE and some mail was likely lost in the process.
    This happened to me twice, early in the morning, right after I got up and not completely awake. Both times I was checking and deleting some emails and selected a few to delete. My Outlook page just happened to be open in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a calendar when flagging an e-mail for follow-up. It prompts for a date (e.g. 2/2/2019), but you have to guess if that's a weekday.

Pop up a view of a month, and select a day rather than having to enter a date that may not be a normal business day.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I suggest you add the ability to set up *rules* (not simply out of office responder) for customized auto-replies.

I want to set up auto-reply messages based on the incoming email address, but the rules interface doesn't give an option of "reply to sender."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a button of Send & Archive conversation

Create a button of Send & Archive to increase productivity
    Some other email Apps have this functionality and it is very handy

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to read emails initially in plain text

Mac version of OLK misses option to force mails to be read initially as plain text. Active content and dynamically downloaded content expose to security threats. Users and SysAdmins should have option to limit attack surface.

Ref. https://twitter.com/5ean5ullivan/status/1002451004883861504?s=21

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. nested Smart Folders (like Mac Mail's Smart Mailboxes)

If you use smart searches a lot, this is a handy way to keep organized and keep similar searches together.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bulk download email attachments from multiple emails

Ability to select multiple emails and download attachments to a specified folder (with one click) - a feature previously enabled on Outlook for Mac 2016.

I receive a large volume of emailed purchase orders and invoices daily which I need to save to a folder and upload to an accounting system. It is very time consuming and tedious having to select individual messages and attachments for download. Currently when you select multiple messages and right click download, it only does the first or last email attachment, not all email attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Also search in attachment in Outlook for Mac

Outlook for Mac uses spotlight and does not search keywords in attachments. On windows, web-based outlook and on iPhone, this works perfectly. I suggest that search is also extended to search in the attachments

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add a preference to set the default time on a reminder

When setting a reminder on a flagged email, it defaults to setting the time to a half hour before my end of day.

I'd rather get my reminders at the start of the day. Please add a Preference to set the default time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove the Unsubscribe button at the top for all subscription based emails

There is an annoying feature that appears for some emails- an "Unsubscribe" button that appears below the sender-subject-retention policy header. I'd like the option to turn this off or remove it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a "Paste as Quote" or "Copy as Quote" feature

Sometimes we need to quote from one email to send to someone else. Give me an option to copy or paste as a quote so the quote indent and attribution follow the text, rather than trying to either make that manually, or to create a reply then copy that into a new message (eg when trying to collect separate quotes from separate responses into one message).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Outlook to add .pst archives without needing to import or export.

Working in a domain environment on both Mac and PC based computers, I need to be able to access archived emails in .pst format, stored on a Windows network-based server, from both platforms.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disable recent addresses function in Outlook for Mac 2016

Please enable the ability for users to disable the recent addresses function in Outlook for MAC 2016. Users receive automated emails with a noreply address from a user within a tool and since it's in the list of recently used addresses for that user it's selected by mistake and they get a bounce-back message. The list also becomes unusable over time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Minimum font size for Preview pane

I usually use "Smaller" for Text display size because folder pane and email list pane font gets smaller and look out more folders and emails at a glance. But in that case, font in preview gets smaller also and sometimes it's difficult to read. So could you make the feature to set smallest font size in preview pane? Actually most of case, we spend much of time reading email and small font gets tougher when you get older (40+). I can increase the text size by Cmd+'+' but in that case all the email's font gets bigger. Some html email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Smart Folders to Favorites

Make it possible to add any smart folder to the new Favorites in Outlook.

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Favorite Folder Icon Sidebar

Similar to Outlook on Windows machines. The ability to collapse the sidebar to only favorite folders but not completely do away with it. I don't like the sidebar open displaying all of my unnecessary work folders. Would love the ability to switch folders without having the chunky sidebar fully enabled

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Columns and right reading pane

Please add the ability to view mail in columns while still having the reading pane to the right. This functionality works great on the Windows side, but I can't seem to figure out why it's only available with no reading pane, or when the reading pane is below the email...

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. default sending

Please consider a feature request so that one can chose which mailbox is the default sending address in the view at top for all accounts when creating an new email.

As it is now it selects one of the configured mailboxes at random as sending/from address.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base