OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Assign a New Rule Option to Reply

Under my options when creating a new rule, I would like to have the option to create a specific reply to an incoming email that fits the criteria. I have created an email address and subject that requires an immediate reply, a rule that would allow this (similar to an out-of-office reply, but contingent on the rules) would be more than helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to read emails initially in plain text

Mac version of OLK misses option to force mails to be read initially as plain text. Active content and dynamically downloaded content expose to security threats. Users and SysAdmins should have option to limit attack surface.

Ref. https://twitter.com/5ean5ullivan/status/1002451004883861504?s=21

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. nested Smart Folders (like Mac Mail's Smart Mailboxes)

If you use smart searches a lot, this is a handy way to keep organized and keep similar searches together.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bulk download email attachments from multiple emails

Ability to select multiple emails and download attachments to a specified folder (with one click) - a feature previously enabled on Outlook for Mac 2016.

I receive a large volume of emailed purchase orders and invoices daily which I need to save to a folder and upload to an accounting system. It is very time consuming and tedious having to select individual messages and attachments for download. Currently when you select multiple messages and right click download, it only does the first or last email attachment, not all email attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Also search in attachment in Outlook for Mac

Outlook for Mac uses spotlight and does not search keywords in attachments. On windows, web-based outlook and on iPhone, this works perfectly. I suggest that search is also extended to search in the attachments

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add a preference to set the default time on a reminder

When setting a reminder on a flagged email, it defaults to setting the time to a half hour before my end of day.

I'd rather get my reminders at the start of the day. Please add a Preference to set the default time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove the Unsubscribe button at the top for all subscription based emails

There is an annoying feature that appears for some emails- an "Unsubscribe" button that appears below the sender-subject-retention policy header. I'd like the option to turn this off or remove it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a "Paste as Quote" or "Copy as Quote" feature

Sometimes we need to quote from one email to send to someone else. Give me an option to copy or paste as a quote so the quote indent and attribution follow the text, rather than trying to either make that manually, or to create a reply then copy that into a new message (eg when trying to collect separate quotes from separate responses into one message).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow email accounts to be reordered to my liking rather than having them in alphabetical order with no way to arrange them.

In outlook for windows you can drag and drop the email accounts to reorder them however you like. I would like to see this functionality in outlook for mac as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. stationery

Please add stationery to Outlook for Mac (the same as in Outlook for Windows). It is a useful yet often overlooked feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Outlook to add .pst archives without needing to import or export.

Working in a domain environment on both Mac and PC based computers, I need to be able to access archived emails in .pst format, stored on a Windows network-based server, from both platforms.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disable recent addresses function in Outlook for Mac 2016

Please enable the ability for users to disable the recent addresses function in Outlook for MAC 2016. Users receive automated emails with a noreply address from a user within a tool and since it's in the list of recently used addresses for that user it's selected by mistake and they get a bounce-back message. The list also becomes unusable over time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Minimum font size for Preview pane

I usually use "Smaller" for Text display size because folder pane and email list pane font gets smaller and look out more folders and emails at a glance. But in that case, font in preview gets smaller also and sometimes it's difficult to read. So could you make the feature to set smallest font size in preview pane? Actually most of case, we spend much of time reading email and small font gets tougher when you get older (40+). I can increase the text size by Cmd+'+' but in that case all the email's font gets bigger. Some html email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Favorite Folder Icon Sidebar

Similar to Outlook on Windows machines. The ability to collapse the sidebar to only favorite folders but not completely do away with it. I don't like the sidebar open displaying all of my unnecessary work folders. Would love the ability to switch folders without having the chunky sidebar fully enabled

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Smart Folders to Favorites

Make it possible to add any smart folder to the new Favorites in Outlook.

222 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Columns and right reading pane

Please add the ability to view mail in columns while still having the reading pane to the right. This functionality works great on the Windows side, but I can't seem to figure out why it's only available with no reading pane, or when the reading pane is below the email...

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Resolve the various incompatibility issues between sending Word documents as an email

Word Documents which can be sent as an email in Windows send fine but when using the same document and being shared from Word into Outlook on the Mac they simply do not format the same, despite the document looking correct in Word. Problem is with the formatting of boxes (e.g. like an org chart). I have to revert to a Windows laptop to send documents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. automatic reply

Show "Out of Office" messages of email recipients as we compose.

Without this, I have to send the email, See the response and Contact the delegated contacts.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the information included about the original message when replying/forwarding

Fix the function that includes the FROM, DATE, TO, SUBJECT of the original message. Only the date is included, which somehow messes up the grouping by conversation... Outlook will no longer group the emails that are sent without the information of the original message by conversation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Highlight emails based on internal or external addresses. Green for internal and red for external.

When sending emails its important to verify if the email is going to the correct recipient. While it's nice to view the names as FN LN in the TO: fields I have thousands of contacts and when sending sensitive information I end up viewing the properties of each to verify the email is going to the correct john smith and also verifying they are all internal recipients. It would be nice to have all internal recipients be highlighted in green and all external highlighted in red. perhaps other lists/categories can also be created to easily view recipients of different mail…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base