OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. internal and external email tab or view.

Create a tab (or view) that allows me to easily switch between a message list that contains internal and external emails. I could see a tab next to "other" or a special filter under the Filter Email button on the Ribbon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add COLOR labels/Tags to emails in view

Add COLOR Labels/Tags to emails in all views, with ability to add Rules.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. reply | reply all toggle

Ability, once responding to a mail, to toggle 'reply' or 'reply all'. Save copying and pasting once you realise your mistake or change your mind...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I need the capability of saving a specific OUTLOOK email folder to a specific folder in my DOCUMENTS.

For legal purposes I need to save all emails pertaining to specific real estate transactions their respective FOLDERs in Documents on my MAC. I then download them to a thumb drive and save them for 7 years, as required. About 3 years ago that capability disappeared and I've been stuck ever since.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow "Filter Email" status to be remembered when switching between e-mail accounts

Allow "Filter Email" status to be remembered when switching between e-mail accounts.
    Presently you have to redo "Filter E-mail" anytime you switch between inboxes. For example, if I look at Email Account #1 with the "Unread" filter on, then switch momentarily to Email Account #2 to read an e-mail, when I come back to the same folder of Email Account #1, the filter has automatically been removed and I have to redo it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide the ability to export emails to a common format (CSV, JSON XML etc)

Outlook Mac only allows you to export emails to another .olm file which is useless then you need to move the data to different applications. Please provide the above option, even if it excludes attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring back the option to send mass emails by having the drop down contain all contacts in a, b, c, etc. Can't edit registry on a Mac!

Bring back the option to access all contacts from the drop down menu to send mass emails on Mac. The registry can't be edited on a Mac so Mac users are limited to the most recent 8 contacts and can't access any other contacts under the letter A, for example. It used to work this way until the idiots at Microsoft changed it recently. The only reason Microsoft did this is to make it harder for Mac users to work with Microsoft's software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Assign a New Rule Option to Reply

Under my options when creating a new rule, I would like to have the option to create a specific reply to an incoming email that fits the criteria. I have created an email address and subject that requires an immediate reply, a rule that would allow this (similar to an out-of-office reply, but contingent on the rules) would be more than helpful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. handoff

I use iOS and macOS outlook, it would be great if the Apple Handoff API was used so I could start a mail on the phone and finish on the mac.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Font size for reading plain-text messages

In recent Office 365 versions (16.2x) of Outlook, the displayed font size for viewing incoming plain-text messages is much smaller than the size for viewing HTML messages or for composing plain-text messages. This problem did not occur in the volume-licensed versions (16.1x) of Outlook. A workaround is to hit "reply" rather than "open," but this is less than ideal. It would be good to go back to the earlier formatting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhance the "Create Appointment" feature

Enhance the "Create Appointment" feature to create a calendar entry and after clicking the appointment the former selected email should be opened instead of a typical calendar entry. Additionally change the data selection field to show the whole calendar instead of a date selection option. During the creation process is not clear if a potential slot is not already used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dark mode reading pane is unusable in latest version

I just updated to the latest version of Office for Mac that support Dark Theme in MacOS Mojave. I like using Dark Theme and am excited that Outlook is joining the team, but I am disappointed to see that the reading pane is still in light mode. It is jaring to see the reading pane next to the rest of the program. Is there a way to make the reading pane be dark as well?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow email accounts to be reordered to my liking rather than having them in alphabetical order with no way to arrange them.

In outlook for windows you can drag and drop the email accounts to reorder them however you like. I would like to see this functionality in outlook for mac as well.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. dwillis@shutterfly.com

If an email is assigned a category and that email is used to create a task or meeting, then the category should still be attached to the task/meeting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show folder where messages are stored when producing the list of messages after a Search

I have a large email collection arranged in a complex hierarchy of folders, both on the server and on my computer. I would find it very useful to tell where each message is stored when I look at the result of a search on all available email folders. Sometimes I am just looking to see if some messages are lost in the wrong folder...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Meeting preview should show date.

In Mail view, when a message is previewed that is a meeting invitation, the preview should show the day and date and not just the contents of the day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. stationery

Please add stationery to Outlook for Mac (the same as in Outlook for Windows). It is a useful yet often overlooked feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a sorting option that will first sort by the status group names, then sort by date within the groups.

With all of the complexities of the ways you can sort mail, this basic functionality is missing. I want the default view to be my newest unread messages at the top of the inbox. Thanks to Diane Poremsky MVP, I understand that it is possible to use the View > Filter By > Unread command to show only unread messages, then flip the arrow to show newest on top. But then you can't see the read messages, and if you take the filter off or do a search, it changes the order of the unread so that the oldest are…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the user to "pin" an email to the top of their inbox, like on Outlook.com

For my corporate email, I use outlook.office.com, Outlook for Mac, and Outlook for Windows, and Outlook for Android.

I love the web client's ability to "pin" important emails to the top of my inbox. Since this feature is not supported on any other client, I end up using both the web and desktop clients throughout the day. It is very frustrating!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base