OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Ability to print attached images with the mail

In the print options it would be very useful to add an option to choose to print attached images with it's email.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reduce the "You replied to this message on MM/DD/YY, HH:MM AM to a single line

Currently, every time an email is replied to, a new "You replied to this message..." bar is added to the top of the email. I would request that since the ability to see the conversation history is easily accessible, this be limited to the most recent email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. conditional formatting

--> Outlook MAC Business

Please insert conditional formatting. I would like to change the preview text of an e-mail if an e-mail has been assigned to a category

Greetz Bernd

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search funktions does not work

Search funktions does not work
    Search in Outlook does NOT WORK properly - mostly shows NO RESULTS!! Please fix it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to turn off email polling (or make mail not appear at all) on particular accounts

I need some Google calendars, which have personal appointments, to appear in Outlook, so I don't double-book. But I don't need/want gmail from that account to appear in Outlook, too. I can turn off calendars; I should be able to turn off email, too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to turn off Notifications on an account-by-account basis.

I don't need to be pinged for every email in every account. Why not allow per-account notification settings -- including maybe different sounds for each account, or none at all?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a delay rule to all outgoing emails

We would like to have an option to create a rule to delay all outgoing email, like in Outlook for Windows.
    Thye idea is to have a small time to cancel the sending if there is something wrong.

You can delay individual messages, but you cannot add a rule to "auto-delay" X time any email you send.

233 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Page Setup available from the print menu

In order to print in landscape you need to first go into the page setup menu and change the orientation. If we can make the page setup menu accessible from the print menu, it will make easier for user to navigate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't auto-select first message

I have my Outlook configured to mark messages as read when they're selected. Unfortunately Outlook always selects the first message so it can be easily marked as read when it shouldn't be. Apple Mail doesn't have this issue so that's what I'm forced to use :-(

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. make it easy to bulk clear attachment

Select multiple emails and right click Attachments>Delete and it deletes all attachments in the selected emails and not just the attachments on the email that was last viewed. It is such a slow process to regain email space on the server.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add native smart card support

Add support for digital signature and encryption certificates located on smart cards.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Phishing on Outlook MAC

I suggest you add a report phishing button to Outlook for MAC. It provides a more seamless user experience between OS’.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please make outlook remember emails that are 'safe' which contain HTML content.

In Windows Outlook you can classify emails from known sources as 'safe' without having to add them to your contacts was you have to in Mac version. I dont want to add Cosco or Honda to my contacts, but I will want to receive mailings, and not have to click on 'Download Pictures' every time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include removed attachments filenames in search indexes

I remove large file attachments if they're big files, but I'd still like Outlook search to show me the emails those files were attached to. Helpfully Outlook does show you that a file was removed and gives the filename, so the data is still there. Presumably adding this to what the search indexes should therefore be possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add feature to highlight complete Emails beside category flags

When receiving emails which I'm storing for later use (review, follow-up, important info) I would prefer them to stand out of the regular. So, when I'm looking for that specific email, I can spot her more easily without opening numerous others emails who have a similar search text element.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add ability to snooze

Add ability to snooze messages (i.e schedule messages to come back to the top of your Inbox). Many modern clients support this and it is actually already part of Outlook for iOS. If added, this should be available to use as one of the swipe gestures.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I suggest a search field popping up when filing emails. It is very useful in the iPhone App. Current workflow cumbersome.

The current work flow for filing emails in the Outlook for Mac App, especially if the target folder is not on the short list. Too many clicks to select the target folder.
    In addition, if the folder should be firstly created, this is also nt supported (but on the version Office365 on the web).
    A search field for typing and then quickly selecting would be nice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. banded read pane

Hello there, I'd like to use outlook, but I find a plain white reading pane background difficult to use. Today I use thunderbird and it bands alternative emails - which (for me) makes distinguishing between emails much easier. I this possible ?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reply from the Reading Pane

I'd love to be able to compose a reply from the reading pane. When I currently hit "Reply," it opens a new window.

I used this feature often when I had a Windows PC, and really miss it now that I'm using Outlook on a Mac.

Similar suggestions on the consumer Mac Outlook forum:
    https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/15209295-reply-message-within-the-reading-pane
    https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/15298794-reading-pane-compose-reply

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. cc bcc

Is there a solution how to make the cc-fields visible as a standard ? (We have the problem both on Mac and PC).
    It is really annoying that you cannot see the cc-field until you click the "more information" button. Hope you can help.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base