OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. search top

Move search bar within Outlook back to its old location. The new location of the search bar is inconvenient and not intuitive, the search field should be closer to the emails themselves instead of excommunicated to the blue bar at the top of the netherworld. Not sure why anyone thought that would be a good idea or that anyone would have asked for that. Please move it back within the body of Outlook so it is closer to the email content that needs to be searched.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. option to disable automatic Alt Text for images

whenever I add an (inline) image to a message, outlook automatically generates Alt Text to helpfully describe this graphic. please provide a way to disable this. I share design visuals many times a day, and this description is almost never even close: eg a recent effort was tagged as being 'A parrot'. which it really wasnt

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Encryption Robustness

We use encryption regularly. Outlook regularly crashes when trying to open an attachment in an encrypted email. Sometimes I will have to try to open the attachment 3 or 4 times before I'm successful (with Outlook crashing each unsuccessful attempt). If I have any draft emails that have not been sent when Outlook crashes, they are often not autosaved. Please make Outlook more robust with encrypted email.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alert user with a popup when a message is stuck in outbox & not sent

It should be extremely obvious to the user when a message was not sent for some reason (attachment size, etc)–not just by the number of messages indicated in "Outbox". This directly impacts the reliability of the service and my reputation as a business owner.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Signature Export

Ability to export signatures or have the signatures centrally stored in 365 cloud. This is really quite necessary for migrating users between machines. @LukeHamburg has summed it up perfectly here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeoutlook-msomac-mso_o365b/outlook-2016-mac-signatures-how-to-export-import/1bfa4b27-4ea4-46c1-8263-c92ae557b277

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders

Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders, the same way it shows up for all other folders. The use case here is that I've created smart folders for mail in my Inbox that is from key people (one smart folder per person) that I need to prioritize. When new mail arrives from one of those people, I need a visual queue that a new message has arrived from that person.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it easy to block junk

Spammers change the user name and keep sending junk from the same same domain. To stop spam one needs to block the entire domain. Currently, the process is:

1. copy the email address

2. go to settings

3. go to view more

4. go to block sender

Step one is difficult.

The easy solution is to:

From the Junk dropdown menu replace "Block" with:
    Block user
    Block domain

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Separate address books so you don't accidentally send an email from the wrong domain

I have two companies I’m working for and often when I’m writing a new email, it is being sent from the wrong domain and i accidentally send emails meant for coworkers at one domain from the domain of a different company. It’s dangerous. I'd like to separate address books so when I’m writing an email from domain X, it doesn’t pull up the addresses associated with domain Y. In a hurry I'll make the mistake and the damage is done.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use escape to close a message

There is a feature in the outlook for windows application (when you press esc it closes the message that is on the screen), but this functionality is not in outlook for macOS. It would be more practical if you had this option in Mac outlook

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hide messages from other folders in Conversation View

In the new version of Outlook for Mac, the conversation view is too hard to follow when multiple "active" emails are in my inbox. The mix of archived emails, sent emails and more makes the email chain crazy to follow. Please add the option to hide emails not in the current folder (i.e. when I'm in the Inbox View, I see all items in the conversation that are also in the inbox). Then like in the old version of Outlook, you can have the button to show all.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Serious bug in Outlook Mac version 16.39 (200061000)

After the installation of the new beta release, outlook gives an error regarding unsopported email accounts. These happen to be all IMAP accounts. Gmail and Office365 are working good. Just the IMAP accounts are deleted in the new version. So had toawitch back to the old version…. COncernc outlook for mac. release 16.39 (20060705)

Prior release functioned normal

This is the error message i get:

We're sorry, the following accounts and items aren't supported and won't be available here. Please switch back to the standard Outlook if you'd like to use these accounts.

This happens to be all IMAP accounts

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can also move sent mails to archive

Outlook has the function "Archive".

Unfortunately, this is only possible for mails you receive. (Inbox)
    Why isn't this for sent mail? (Outbox) I don't understand!
    What does that make sense just to archive the receipt and not send mails.
    Only half of it is archived!
    Is then again to search/find in two different places

Archiving should also be available for sent mails!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Outlook for mac not working

My Outlook for Mac Office 2011 has stopped working, please help as not received emails since 5th May 2020?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. rule "does not contain"

Please include a rule for the mail filter "DOES NOT CONTAIN" a word inside the message body for example.

Right now I can only specify "DOES CONTAIN" in MS Outlook 16 for MAC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add option to limit ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook Directory

Outlook constantly grows this directory to 30GB or more...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Restore full header info for Google based accounts in Outlook for Mac.

with the latest version of Outlook for Mac, view source does not return the service information in the header. if you connect via an imap account to a google account, it still works. But with the new api to google, you only get the body and sender info. This makes it hard to determine the source of spam and other message by tracing the IP addresses of mx servers that the message went through. google provides this information on their website. so we can still get the info, but this is an extra step. especially when you can still get…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. dismiss a meeting notification after you click "join online" button

Where a meeting is for Teams or Skype for Business, the meeting alert / notification shows a "join online" button. When I click this button to join the meeting, I want the notification to be dismissed. Current behaviour is that the notification remains on the screen and has to be dismissed manually

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the "Candara" font label

The font listed as "Candara" in the Outlook 365 web interface is not actually Candara--it is Optima. Please label the font correctly and insure that it is widely supported across e-mail platforms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include the folder names in the reading pane

With mails showed as conversation or when I have the result of a search, I would like to see in which folder each message is stored directly in the reading pane.
    I know that it is possible to see the folder name in the window title when the message is opened in a window, but this is not so practical.
    Also, the functionality is available opening Outlook on the web, so why not to include it in Outlook for Mac? Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a preference option to lock the mailboxes in Favourites, it is very easy to accidentally delete a folder and this is time consuming

Add ability to lock mailboxes in favourites.

It is far too easy to accidentally delete a mail box using the current star system (Mac OS X)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories