OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Hide messages from other folders in Conversation View

In the new version of Outlook for Mac, the conversation view is too hard to follow when multiple "active" emails are in my inbox. The mix of archived emails, sent emails and more makes the email chain crazy to follow. Please add the option to hide emails not in the current folder (i.e. when I'm in the Inbox View, I see all items in the conversation that are also in the inbox). Then like in the old version of Outlook, you can have the button to show all.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook for Mac - Windows functionality

Why is Outlook for Mac so stripped down compared to Outlook for Windows? This makes no sense. Among the things that we need in Outlook for Mac
    a) the ability to pin tasks so that we can see them despite switching windows
    b) the ability to see sent messages in the same thread, rather than the annoying and useless "you replied to this message on X" date. If Gmail can figure it out, I'm sure Microsoft, can, too.
    c) Calendar preview of upcoming events when you hover over the calendar icon while viewing mail (as you can in the Windows…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. search top

Move search bar within Outlook back to its old location. The new location of the search bar is inconvenient and not intuitive, the search field should be closer to the emails themselves instead of excommunicated to the blue bar at the top of the netherworld. Not sure why anyone thought that would be a good idea or that anyone would have asked for that. Please move it back within the body of Outlook so it is closer to the email content that needs to be searched.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Signature Export

Ability to export signatures or have the signatures centrally stored in 365 cloud. This is really quite necessary for migrating users between machines. @LukeHamburg has summed it up perfectly here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeoutlook-msomac-mso_o365b/outlook-2016-mac-signatures-how-to-export-import/1bfa4b27-4ea4-46c1-8263-c92ae557b277

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alert user with a popup when a message is stuck in outbox & not sent

It should be extremely obvious to the user when a message was not sent for some reason (attachment size, etc)–not just by the number of messages indicated in "Outbox". This directly impacts the reliability of the service and my reputation as a business owner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. option to disable automatic Alt Text for images

whenever I add an (inline) image to a message, outlook automatically generates Alt Text to helpfully describe this graphic. please provide a way to disable this. I share design visuals many times a day, and this description is almost never even close: eg a recent effort was tagged as being 'A parrot'. which it really wasnt

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How about a way to automatically save an e-mail to a file when it arrives in a given folder

I want to be able to pass the contents of mail messages in a certain folder to a script. I control the script so I can handle them how ever you want to pass them. File handle, stdin, command line option, etc.

Even the option to store that folder in MBOX format so that I could just tail -f the tile would work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Office Mac users to select a default paste option

When I paste into an email I usually want to keep the formatting of the email, not the one from the copied source. However, the default paste option is 'Keep source formatting' and cannot be changed, so I need to paste, click on the clipboard icon, select 'Match destination formatting' which is cumbersome.
    This is an available configuration option in the Windows version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a "Send Sent Item To" button in Outlook for Mac

Add a "Send Sent Item To" button in Outlook for Mac

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Encryption Robustness

We use encryption regularly. Outlook regularly crashes when trying to open an attachment in an encrypted email. Sometimes I will have to try to open the attachment 3 or 4 times before I'm successful (with Outlook crashing each unsuccessful attempt). If I have any draft emails that have not been sent when Outlook crashes, they are often not autosaved. Please make Outlook more robust with encrypted email.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option to stop the delete confirmation dialog. When emails are permanently deleted, Shift+Delete

Please add the option to permanently delete emails without confirming

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it harder to "Remove from Favorites"

It is way too easy to "un-Star" a favorite.
    please make me confirm that I meant to un-star a favorite.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add contact to the Recent Addresses list only after user actually replied to it (or wrote first).

In Outlook for Windows user needs to reply to an email (or write first) for an address to be added to the Recent Addresses list. On Macs user doesn't need to do anything and the addresses are added automatically. This gives a possibility for malicious users to inject one or multiple similar email addresses of known contacts by just sending email to victim. More than that, Outlook orders the list based on the recipient which sent the most emails, so if malicious user sends more emails than the original sender, he would overrule and become the first suggestion of the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow rules to be exported and then used on a different Mac

Currently I create rules on the computer that I'm working on but these do not sync between multiple machines. Being able to either add to iCloud and sync with all accounts or even just export the rules to manually add would help

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Inline mini translator for Office 365 for Mac.

Inline mini translator for Office 365 for Mac. Similar to what you have for the windows version.
    The ability to select text in the mail and a hover box appears with the translated text.
    I am English speaking living in Germany so this is vital to my productivity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rule Action to Play Custom Notification Sound

I occasionally receive emails related to production support tasks which must be acted on immediately. I'd like to be able to create a rule to play a custom sound when I receive one of these emails.

Since I can use rules to mark them high priority, another option is just having a different sound for high priority emails.

It would also be nice to have an option to always play this kind of sound over my system speakers. That way if I'm not wearing my headphones or I step away, I can still be alerted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keep previous sort preferences for column headers

I prefer to have date sort with the oldest on top. Let's say I have my email sorted in that manner. If I click on Subject, it re-sorts by subject. That's fine. However, If I then click on the "Date Received" header, it automatically re-sorts with newest on top, and I have to click the column header again to sort with oldest on top. It would be nice to have the last order used for a column when one clicks the header to sort by that column. The email client I use for personal use (Postbox) does this, and it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders

Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders, the same way it shows up for all other folders. The use case here is that I've created smart folders for mail in my Inbox that is from key people (one smart folder per person) that I need to prioritize. When new mail arrives from one of those people, I need a visual queue that a new message has arrived from that person.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Separate address books so you don't accidentally send an email from the wrong domain

I have two companies I’m working for and often when I’m writing a new email, it is being sent from the wrong domain and i accidentally send emails meant for coworkers at one domain from the domain of a different company. It’s dangerous. I'd like to separate address books so when I’m writing an email from domain X, it doesn’t pull up the addresses associated with domain Y. In a hurry I'll make the mistake and the damage is done.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories