OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

Import/Export folders and subfolders

I really need to export/import folders and subfolders. This enables me to prune folders by archiving them--and then restoring archived folder if I need them. Have had this capability in outlook in previous version, but not now. This seems to be a regression bug.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Odell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Douglas Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Restore the ability to export individual folders from Outlook (Mac) to .OLM or .PST. The "all or nothing" approach from Outlook 2016 onwards is useless if you keep a lot of email in Outlook.

e.g. If I sort my email by project or year, at some point I want to offload those emails b/c they are not needed "live". I used to be able to right-click -> Archive and create an archive of the selected folder. Thus I could reduce the resource load in the Exchange server (and clutter in Outlook) but still have access to the emails if necessary. In Outlook 2016 onwards the only option I have is to export *ALL* my email. You can see how this is no longer useful.

It's not clear why you removed this useful feature. Searching through the annals of internet history show that there are many other users also wondering the same thing.

• MARTIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to archive all e-mails I received on a particular e-mail account. I don't need to access them in the future, but have to keep them. The only option I seem to have right now is export ALL e-mails I ever received.

• Roberto Abrego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to Export smart folders to new identity. Sometimes when there are errors in outlook and we need to reinstall outlook or create a new identity all smart folders and client rules are lost and need to be recreated. We should be able to export the smart folders and rules

Outlook for Mac - Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base