OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

I suggest you revert back to previous look for icons...

I suggest you revert back to the previous look for icons...

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chloe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New icons hurt my eyes.. why would you downgrade to icons that look like they came from a free icon website..

Sigh.. office for mac is worse with every update.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much to my chagrin, I've discovered that the formerly rich icons have been reduced to cool-hip-flat-trendy icons... you know, like millennial startup brands. Ugh. This is burdensome for two reasons- 1, the texture and color additions gave the eye visual distinctions to follow whilst scanning the toolbar for an action. 2. the icons have now been reduced to such basic lines that the user has to work harder to distinguish which function is which. You might as well have just used words because I have to read the **** thing to make any distinction on the tools. But I'm SO GLAD you've updated that interface to be really trendy. Thanks Microsoft.

• Lucy, Nathan [USA] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new icons are harder to read. The old icons had more color (e.g., fills) and hence more color variation. The lines are so basic as to be indistinct. How many of these are not a boxex?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new icons in 16.20 are truly a disappointment. I understand they are optimized for dark mode, but for those of us not on Mojave, they really stand in start contrast to the colorful, and honestly, more inviting icons of previous releases. I have always been surprised at how different the icons were between Mac and Windows version of Outlook, with Windows tending toward the harsher angles, whereas the Mac version were always a bit more round and gentle. The ideal would be a toggle where we could choose between say a "Classic" and "Default" icon set. Until then, I'm looking for a way to downgrade :/

Outlook for Mac - Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base