OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

search

Please reinstate the quick refinements for "from:", "to:" and "contains:" to be added to keywords entered into the search box in Outlook for Mac 2016.

The new predictive algorithm and search suggestions don't work for me at all – sometimes I need to find emails "from X", sometimes I need the ones sent "to X" and sometimes I want emails that "contain X" where X is a person's name, a company, or a product.

The previous refinements made it fast to find emails and switch the filtering. The new way involves multiple clicks, or setting up saved searches – it's so much slower and less responsive to an immediate needs (i.e. rapidly finding an email while on a conference call, seeing if I sent an email to the same company In the past etc.).

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lee Harker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Margot Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would never have applied this upgrade if I had know that it would ruin the search facility I rely on daily. I will advise my partner not to upgrade on the basis of this experience. I am unhappy that I cannot get it back. I may just switch to using my gmail account instead, if this is not fixed soon

• Isabel Parry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with Lee, this new function doesn't work well at all and the old search option was much, much easier.

• james Kininmonth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the new search function is wholly inadequate. Especially as there comprehensive instructions how to use it available.

• Ali Mathesin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. I need old version with from, to, subject, date recieved in drop down menu. I can;t work properly withiout this function?

Outlook for Mac - Business: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base