OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

search

Please reinstate the quick refinements for "from:", "to:" and "contains:" to be added to keywords entered into the search box in Outlook for Mac 2016.

The new predictive algorithm and search suggestions don't work for me at all – sometimes I need to find emails "from X", sometimes I need the ones sent "to X" and sometimes I want emails that "contain X" where X is a person's name, a company, or a product.

The previous refinements made it fast to find emails and switch the filtering. The new way involves multiple clicks, or setting up saved searches – it's so much slower and less responsive to an immediate needs (i.e. rapidly finding an email while on a conference call, seeing if I sent an email to the same company In the past etc.).

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lee Harker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Margot Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would never have applied this upgrade if I had know that it would ruin the search facility I rely on daily. I will advise my partner not to upgrade on the basis of this experience. I am unhappy that I cannot get it back. I may just switch to using my gmail account instead, if this is not fixed soon

• Isabel Parry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with Lee, this new function doesn't work well at all and the old search option was much, much easier.

• james Kininmonth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the new search function is wholly inadequate. Especially as there comprehensive instructions how to use it available.

• Ali Mathesin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. I need old version with from, to, subject, date recieved in drop down menu. I can;t work properly withiout this function?

Outlook for Mac - Business: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base