OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions), for Mac

Have Outlook added to the 'share' menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's time-consuming, and annoying to constantly have to drag files to Outlook — as opposed to being able to sending them via Outlook under the 'share' option. This is a must for businesses, that email a lot of attachments. Thanks.

420 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
HKinton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

completely agree. This is a MAC issue and needs immediate attention! I should be able to use my workplace PC then at home log into Outlook (on MAC) to find the same configurations and options! this is 2019. Get onto it!

This is definitely strange considering OneNote is in the share menu. Up-voted this. For anyone looking for a workaround, here's a pretty straightforward article on how to create a SERVICE for this. Then instead of rightclicking on the file and choosing SHARE you would right click and choose SERVICES. Hope it helps anyone in need.

https://brain-dump.space/articles/attach-files-to-a-new-outlook-mail-in-mac-os-sierra/

• Nishadh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is another option, Right click > Open with > Other > Microsoft Outlook.app. Although couple of extra steps but works alright.

• Devin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Most Mac users, including me, using Outlook and this feature makes whole lot of sense. PLEASE ADD.

I agree, they should be integrating this by default, c'mon don't be silly Microsoft and show some goodwill.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS is a joke for not having this three years on from the 2016 release. Come on already, include this basic feature.

• Andy G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be so helpful and such a timesaver to have this option in the Share menu. I'm not sure if it's on your end or Apple's, but I really hope you guys can make it happen.

I can't believe we have to ask for this. This is a standard Mac function and If Outlook is to be standard on the Mac OS, then it needs to use the standard functions of Mac OS. Would you please fix this problem?

• Xavier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - The 'print' workaround is a viable option for the time being. Give it a go.

Does Outlook want people to use their app? One would think not because they have still not facilitated the inclusion of Outlook in the Mac Finder Share menu. Why not?

Please add this. I am going to go back to the mail app from apple......not very productive at ALL

Found an easy solution for sending PDF's in Preview. Use the Command + P to print the PDF. Lower left open the PDF dropdown menu and click on Edit Menu, then simply add Outlook. Now you can 'print' the PDF directly to Outlook as an attachment. Yes, I agree the Share extension would be ideal but this will suffice for my workflow for now.

← Previous 1

Outlook for Mac - Business: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base