OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

enable export from outlook for Mac in anything other than .OLM, which is incompatible with anything other than Mac. How about CSV?

Unless you are in a Mac-only shop, it is impossible to transfer email archives, contacts, etc from one computer to another unless you have an Exchange server - which we do not all have.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sergey Fedotov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a needed function. As an admin, running a Mac is so difficult in a small business on Office 365.

• Don Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree wholeheartedly with this. As a project manager, I sometimes need to share email messages from previous fiscal years with a new pm or get email from an outgoing pm.

Even Mac to Mac this is difficult, as you cannot export a specific folder. Choosing to export by category (assuming that feature has a been used at all), is problematic because you do not always get a complete data set. I just tested this for a project I am going to hand over to another Mac user and a lot of data was not exported. In fact, literally none of the data I wanted to export was exported.

We use Exchange, so at this point, I may have to copy files to an Inbox subfolder then open my Windows VM and create a PST file, which the new PM will then have to import on his Mac. Very time and resource consuming process that should be a lot easier.

• David M. Cobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*^*
    UPVOTE!
    I deal with dozens of clients who use MAC & PC alike. When a user goes from one to another, it is literally a Cluster-Bleep... Biggest Issue is that Suggested Contacts (a.k.a. Recent Addresses) is not readable without Advanced MAPI Editors, and even then, it is a RAW data file, and the client has to review this incomprehensible code in order to get their contacts...
    It does not save as a hidden message in the users inbox on MAC, the way it does on PC. I'm sure there is a reason for this, but the only outcome I can see is to make my life harder...
    I understand the difference with PC and MAC, but even when the user has Outlook for MAC, as a part of Office 365, their Recent Addresses does not incorporate into the Cloud. This function is part of the charm of Office365 for PC, and just seems like a penalty or an extreme headache for administration... It's impossible to explain this to management when GMAIL and other reputable email providers have no issue with this... SIMPLE, COMPATIBLE EXPORT of contacts (including Recent Addresses) OR get it together with Outlook for Mac syncing across platforms...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It also seems impossible to Synch contacts imported into Outlook2016 for Mac up to O365 as the contacts are stored "on this computer"

Feedback and Knowledge Base