OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

Make the Mac version the SAME as the PC version with same tools & options

Please make all functionalities available in the PC version also available for Macs. Eg. Conditional Formatting, Send and File, allowing us to change our mail view to also incorporate things like the calendar so everything is in the same view! I know these are PC-enabled functionalities but Mac users need the same tools as everyone else! We do business the same way as everyone else within the organization and there seems to be a MASSIVE disparity between the PC suite vs the Mac suite of capabilities in the 2016 Outlook.

I also find it highly inconvenient that the program doesn't simply open a new tab when one wants to compose a new email. Instead it opens a new window every time. Some days there would be 4 - 5 windows open on my desktop at the same time and suddenly work feels way overwhelming than it would if everything is just consolidated in one window, and everything is accessible within that one screen.

Also, please let us dock the Reminders. It's ok that it pops up but when there are already a million windows open on my screen, having another window hanging around on my screen is just one window too many.

945 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    J shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alan Leitão commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This program isn't Outlook, it is the Microsoft Entourage, but in 2011 they renamed to Outlook. We need the real Outlook for Mac, but this product doesn't exist. Please MS, stop making us fools and make the right thing: launch MS Outlook for Mac like the Windows version.

• Lisa P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unbelievable that there is still such a huge disparity between the two versions. So many things I miss about the PC version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! Makes no sense. I will have to abandon Outlook for another email platform if these issues are not addressed.

• Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please ... Especially we need to be abe to create a follow up at send

• Hiro Adrian Jaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

upvote from me.. I am in need of the ability to archive mail (to local drive) from selected folder like the way outlook for windows is capable of. Please make the outlook for mac features as similar to the windows version.

• James Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with many of the other posters, why is the cost the same for a Mac, when the features are not as complete, and functionality is less.

• Gary J Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does Outlook for Mac 2019 have to be different than Outlook for Windows 2019?

We, business users, use Office 365 to be compatible with our Windows brethren and we often have to use Office 365 for Windows. So why complicate the Mac version with a different interface and lower level of functionality?

I just plain don't get it!

Kind regards,

Gary

I've been asking for this for AGES and yet MS doesn't seem to care??? I don't know why. Also don't know why we even pay for this software if its not going to be on par with the windows edition. We should get outlook for FREE till they figure out how to actually make OUTLOOK work the same no matter what platform its on.

• Somarie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My biggest problem is with adding a picture to a table in Outlook. My boss is getting annoyed because I insist on using my Mac but I can't get the emails to look proper - Windows Outlook always shrink the images I add and then the wording is misaligned on the emails.

Transitioning over to a Mac in my new position has been like learning a new program, I was surprised. Adding to the list of specifics above, the ability to export calendar data to excel.

• Christopher Stansfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least I should be able to open separate windows for Tasks, Calendar, and email and I should be able to create tasks from email...this is not only something your own product does on PC, it's something all your major competitors do.

• Christopher Stansfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Numerous businesses, not least media and marketing based ones, use both PC and Mac for different functions. Making Outlook noncross-platform in this way makes collaboration extraordinarily difficult. Since I have been moved from a PC to a Mac I have spent days just relearning how to use a program I have used since I was 11 years old -- it is eating into my productivity and my managers are not thrilled with that, which is why I am not writing this on a Saturday on my own time. In this day and age these separate development streams are inexcusable.

• leaford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick steps, column view at right, opening other users' calendars, these are a just a few things I sorely miss in Outlook for Mac that are critical for my team's workflow.

Oh and... be capable of displaying multiple colors (coming from Categories) onto a calendar entry with the main box of the color of the most recently assigned Category and if more than one, small squares to see the colors of the previously assigned Categories

← Previous 1

Outlook for Mac - Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base