OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

Add high contrast themes

As I'm getting older I find it harder to distinguish between very slight differences in contrast and hard to see very light text on light colored background. Please add a high contrast theme to Outlook. The new theme would be especially helpful on the folder list. Best would be capability to have purely black background with white letters or the reverse, white background with black letters. The current white background with light grey letters is killing my eyes.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim Runkle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Darryl Grauman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please integrate into the new OSX Mojave Dark Mode so that it aligns with the rest of the Mac applications and is easier on the eyes.

• B. Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

White, white and more white. Noooooooo! I'm snowblind. Please create some "dark" or softer display them options for Outlook for Mac. Thanks.

• B. Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

White, white and more white. Noooooooo! I'm snowblind. Please create some "dark" or softer display them options for Outlook for Mac. Thanks.

• TomK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really struggling with seeing with messages I've replied to -- the 'reply' indicator that appears in the message list is so faint as to be practically invisible.

A higher contrast theme that was more efficient on space (less whitespace) would make my working life much better.

• Matthew Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mac user here. I do a lot of contracting and most of my clients require that I use outlook. Outlook for the mac gives me a headache. I'm in my 40s and I have more and more trouble with bright screens.

I use Stylish to style websites. I use themes to style vim. I use userscripts to modify web pages. I use templates to decrease light overload in outlook and excel.

Quite literally the only thing I use on a regular basis that I can't stand using is outlook, and the only real reason I hate it is because it's the desktop equivalent of staring at a bright light.

I've even taken to licensing exchange clients (paying extra) to hook up thunderbird to the exchange server so I don't have to deal with the headaches.

• lc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add dark theme, it is one of the endless list of features that I miss since using Mac.

Feedback and Knowledge Base