OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

Display multiple shared calendars side-by-side (currently limited to 3) in day view.

I regularly need to view multiple shared calendars (often 8 or 9). This is fine in Outlook for Windows which allows multiple shared calendars to be displayed side-by-side in the day view, but the Mac version limits me to 3 calendars side-by-side. Adding any more merges the content making it much more difficult to identify individuals and schedule activities. I'd like to see the restriction removed to allow multiple calendars to be displayed in individual columns making scheduling across multiple individuals and rooms much easier.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Grant Sorrell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do we make this an important issue for Outlook? For Executive Assistants three calendars is a joke. I need to see 6-8 executives at once, side-by-side PLUS three conference rooms. Come on Outlook for Mac! I could see as many as I wanted on a PC!

• david cherniak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. We need side by side view in week and month view.

Hard to believe this feature has been disabled in the outlook web at.

Please fix this, it wasn't broken.

• Tom Beckman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I share three calendars side-by-side in Outlook 365 for Macintosh? The Overlay button is greyed out.

• Eric F Crist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature on Windows is the "Schedule View" . Please find that suggestion here and apply your votes to that.

• Lars Freisig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree on this.

We here at API/Axxos/Optiware have used Office for a long time for windows.

There are a lot of the users I support that have switched to Mac and now feel the difference in features. But amongst the most outspoken requests are the ability to view the shared callenders side by side as it is possible in the windows version..

This feature is BADLY NEEDED!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. It's weird that this is even a restriction... Is this the same on the newest versions of Office for Windows?

• David Isla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same question as Grant Sorrell. Will the restriction be removed to allow multiple calendars to be displayed? I would like to view more than 3 calendars side-by-side in the day view. It would be great if Microsoft could fix this issue. Thanks!

• Michael Tedesco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why on earth would anybody ask "Please remove the ability to view more than 3 calendars in side-by-side view"? Why automatically collapse more than 3 into 'Overlay' view? Who was clamoring for that? It seems your developers never actually use your products.

• jeremy coudrain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you may already know the workaround is to begin to create the meeting and when you click the "scheduling" icon in the ribbon, add all people and you will see as many schedules as you want.

Feedback and Knowledge Base