OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

Add Smart Folders to Favorites

Make it possible to add any smart folder to the new Favorites in Outlook.

201 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alexander Lingg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also agree with previous comment on adding unread count to smart folders... odd that it isn't there already

Nuts that customisation / re-ordering of the mailbox list on the left is not available... Sort it pls MSFT.

• Piotr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with all previous comments and adding one more improvement suggestion - add UNREAD Counter next to smart folder (just as for normal folders).
        Currently smart folders functionality is reduced by half, if i have to click through each and every one of them to see if there are new messages there.

• Daniel Priest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like this as I can do this on Windows and it means I can have a consistent experience across the two platforms.

• Doug Neufeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be "smart" for them to show at the top of our favourites, instead of only being buried way down at the bottom of our folder list.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having customizable Smart Folders is great right up until they are displayed AT THE BOTTOM of the mailbox listing. It takes something I want to look for, and then hides it. Either let us just move the section up, or better yet set them as Favorites.

• Jeffrey Schenker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an excellent addition. I use smart folders to sort various "streams" related to aspects of my job. Quick access to the streams would be very useful.

When I updated to the latest version of Outlook for Mac (v15.36) which allows me to mark folders as favorites. However, I cannot mark SmartFolders as favorites. I spend time in these so it would be nice to allow this behavior.

Outlook for Mac - Business: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base