OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

Allow group by subject, sort by date, outside of conversations

I would like to be able to select: arrange by subject, newest on top, show in groups. This would work just like arrange by conversations, newest on top, show in group, except it would work for messages that have the same subject but are not in a conversation.

Here's the use case: my corp wiki sends me a message whenever a page I'm watching is updated. There's a lot of these. The subject is always: "[Wiki] title-of-the-page-that-was-updated". So when someone saves frequently while working on a page I get a lot of messages with the same subject, but they are not part of a conversation because they are not responses to each other.

I would like all the messages with the same subject collected into a collapsible group, as if they were a conversation. I'd like the group with the most recent message at the top of my list of messages. messages within a group would be sorted by date. The next most recent group would follow.

v [Wiki] Project Design
____ Chris Jones [Wiki] Project Design May 25 14:13:27
____Sally Fields [Wiki] Project Design Jan 10 11:12:12
v [Wiki] Project Schedule
____Chris Jones [Wiki] Project Schedule May 25 12:12:34
____Chris Jones [Wiki] Project Schedule Feb 02 10:34:21

Thanks

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This worked great in Outlook 2011! Please let us have this same option in 2016!

• KDR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, Outlook for Mac 2015/2016 really sucks with regard to threading. They "improved" supposedly but now I believe it uses message ID or something like that vs simply the subject, thus if you have a ticket system or Jira or Wiki as has been indicated , you have a mess. Office for Mac 2011 functionality should be allowed. I receive hundreds of email a day and many are for the same ticket being updated, yet they now no longer Thread, but take up pages and pages of single "conversation" entries.

• lellis@ipswitch.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, same scenario. This is common to other systems beyond JIRA tickets, or Wiki page updates, We also get forum comments and community message post updates sent as email messages. Having subject-grouping at the same time as Recent-order would make this so much more manageable!

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same scenario here. JIRA Atlassian sends many ticket updates that are not a part of a conversation. I need to group these by subject but I need the most recently updated subjects at the top of the view.

Outlook for Mac - Business: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base