OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Mac - Business

Add To Do Bar in Mail View

Please can we have a To Do bar in the mail view of Outlook for Mac 2016, pretty useful for Business users

526 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    IT Support shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! The task bar and small monthly calendar on the mail view are absolutely critical for my efficiency. Very important- PLEASE ADD!

• Murli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use the split view in Mac to have mail on one side and Tasks/Calendar on the other.

It is sub-optimal as the task view takes a lot of screen space and reduces the available space for mail

• M Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on, you had this in the 2011 version. So for 2016, you ditch it for Mac and keep it for PC. That's makes no sense, for such a necessary feature.

• kaizdos@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was most disappointed when I worked out this feature isnt available. I love my tasks in outlook but without it and then also without being able to group tasks by category it is almost making me find another application to manage my tasks. So clunky in Outlook Mac compared to PC. Please help and just change the views! Please.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely necessary. All versions of Outllook for Windows have this feature. it should not be that difficult to implement.

Until recently, you could have two "Main Windows" open (File > New > Main Window) and make one window be Mail and the other Calendar, but the last couple of versions on the "Slow" development track have broken this. The second window will open, but you lose function and/or display information.

• Ben Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow a user to create a custom View that can draw information from multiple Outlook features, such as Mail, Calendar and Tasks, for example, in a single window. I would find it useful on my main window, which is always Mail, to also have a small section of the window that shows me my Meetings/Apppointments for the day so that I don't need to switch views. I believe Outlook for Windows had (or still has?) a similar feature, or at least allowed you to set up a separate sidebar with Calendar/Task items on your Mail window.

• Neil Merton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, I think what will be useful is (when in Mail view) a user hovers over the calendar icon in the shortcuts area (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes) they are shown an agenda of what's coming up next (configurable to x days)

• Steve Rice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just learned after using Outlook in a corporate setting for ten years, where I was able to show a To Do bar and a Task Bar on the right side of my screen in a PC environment, that Microsoft has removed these features in Office 2016 for Mac. Big disappointment in my new corporate setting--and not a small item. Please add back this f important capability!

Please offer the ability to pin calendars for Mac clients similar to the Windows feature. Having to continually switch views is painful and is a step back from the previous version of Outlook that had the My Day feature.

• Clint Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon Microsoft - this is your chance to show you can be device agnostic with feature parity on the desktop/laptop platform

I want the ability to view tasks & calendar in mail view. I also want to be able to create a task directly from my emails (not just flag).

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook for Windows has a peek of your calendar and Todo list. This isn't available in the Mac version, which is incredibly frustrating.

• Steph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see a mini calendar in the bottom left hand corner that you could click to the left and right to scroll through the year without having to leave the mail pane!!!

• Jesus Espinoza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In earlier versions of Outlook, I always had a "peek" on the right side of my screen that included two months calendars, up to 7 days of events, and outstanding tasks. I recently upgraded to Outlook 2016 on the Mac and it's gone. There is no way to get it back either. I've searched the menus high and low; nothing. The various support articles on the 'net suggest hovering over the calendar icon to get it there; nothing happens when I hover over those icons.

• sr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the calendar peek to Outlook 2016 for Mac. This is available on the PC version.

Feedback and Knowledge Base