OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Mac - Business

Allow Office 2016 for Mac to pass your enterprise login credentials from the OS of the Mac to Outlook 2016 for Mac client.

I would like to know more about the inability to pass your enterprise login credentials from the OS of the Mac to the Outlook 2016 for Mac client. Specifically, can this be done? If so, how? If not, why not? This functionality exists for Windows and the related version of Office 2016 for Windows. When using this combination of software my enterprise login credentials are passed thru to Outlook. When I change my password the updated password is automatically passed thru to Outlook for Windows. When I change my password on my Mac the Outlook for Mac client prompts me to update my credentials. After updating my credentials once they can be saved for future login attempts, but I would like the Outlook for Mac client to function like the Outlook for Windows client where I do not have to supply an updated password.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ChadChad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luis TrevinoLuis Trevino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking into Certificate base authentication. We are using Certificates on our iPhones to avoid users from updating their password every 90 days. They only have to update the password on their desktop every 90 days.

• Matthew StottMatthew Stott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If your Exchange server is configured to use Kerberos then you can set the Authentication Method to Kerberos and it will work. It is a complex setup and many IT shops may not have implemented it on Exchange. Check with your Exchange Admins.

Feedback and Knowledge Base