OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Mac - Business

Private events from shared calendars does not show

For over half a year at least this native Exchange feature hasn't worked in Office 365 on Outlook 2011 and 2016.

240 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anymacanymac shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kyle Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be addressed. I manage a Marketing companies IT where the environment is 90% Mac and it's becoming quite frustrating that there hasn't been fix.

Users can not see private events in Outlook 2016 for Mac when opening another users "Shared Calendar", causing people to be double booked. No problem seeing the 'Private Event' when using Outlook for Windows. No problem seeing the 'Private Event' when logged in to portal.office.com, therefore Application based.

Please escalate to the appropriate team to fix with an update!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been well over a year and this issue still has yet to be fixed. This is quite a big issue among colleagues so I would like to see this finally being worked on and fixed...

• Mike Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I post, this is the #6 request, which shows how important it is to fix. Please can someone at Microsoft comment on when it’s likely to be addressed?

• Geoff Duke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major problem for my University, where we have an abundance of Outlook for Mac. We have a Premier support case open, and are awaiting some fixes for Exchange 2016 to address this issue for our Mac users.

• Bastien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very important to have a fix soon about this. it's juste a simple flag in a calendar entry...

• Erik Klein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This defect is causing scheduling chaos with my co-workers on behalf of my clients and has been for a full 12 months.

Feedback and Knowledge Base