OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

Fix quoting for HTML and plain text replies.

Outlook for Mac has been hobbled for some time by not providing proper quoting for plaintext (internet-standard > prefixing) and by having HTML quoting styles that don't support in-line replies. Windows Outlook supports both, PLEASE fix!

179 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben Grubin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark kyprianou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want this feature fixed, we need to vote it to the top so it gets attention, please add your votes to this issue

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MSFT should be embarrassed that they haven't implemented this at a minimum! It used to exist in previous Mac versions and Windows version has existed for MANY YEARS! Get it together, people.

• Mark Kyprianou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to clearly mark a reply to part of an email is critical to effective email communication. This has been broken for far too long.

Microsoft, please just let me know if you are not going to fix this and I'll move to another company's product....

• Kim Ellwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want my messages to indent the original message or to add line space. This is annoying and needs to be fixed for the mac os.

• Mark kyprianou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I reported this problem over a year ago and it's still broken. This feature is fundamental to using any modern email client. The fact that it could be broken reveals serious inadqueacies with your testing. And the fact that that it has taken over a year to get it fixed is very disturbing.

Is anyone paying attention to these replies?

I guess that I'l just have to start using other non-Microsoft products for email... very sad.

• Ulf Kronman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have stopped using Outlook (Mac) for mail and switched over to Apple Mail, which has the quoting feature. I only use Outlook for Calendar and Tasks now.

• WR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE fix!
        Removing this feature totally sucks.
        So annoyed about permanently missing or lost features in Outlook 2016 for Mac.

• Sebastien Rosset commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just upgraded to Outlook for MAC 15.31, the blue line is not there anymore when replying to HTML messages. Is that seriously how you are planning to fix the problem?

Feedback and Knowledge Base