OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Mac - Business

CalDAV support

Support for internet calendar feeds. The main use case is the ability to see conference schedules in Outlook. For example, I attended WPC and Ignite this year and had to keep switching back and forth between Outlook and the conference website/apps to determine my true schedule.

365 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need more details  ·  AdminMac Outlook Team (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

We need more specific examples of what you’re trying to accomplish from those who have voted for this feature. Are you trying to integrate with a third party application and just need CalDav support? Or are you trying to access your calendar hosted on a different service like iCloud or Yahoo? Please comment with your specific needs.
    Thank you for your continued participation in making Outlook for Mac better.

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Outlook on my mac for email. I use Calendar (Apple) on my iPhone and my mac, synchronized via iCloud. What I need to accomplish is to have seamless calendar and Contact synchronization between Outlook and iCloud so that my mac and iPhone have correct, up-to-date information.

I would like to add my Google and Facebook calenders into Outlook, as it was possible with Outlook for Windows

What I need is the ability to sync my Google Calendar through Outlook, and see the calendars of colleague using the same G suite account.

• Nicolas Beaudet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to many previous comments pasted here:
        1) use Outlook as my single Calendar client on Mac
        2) view and edit (including sent meeting invites) calendars in Outlook that are hosted on services such as iCloud and Google. Essentially the same as is possible via the Calendar app on iOS and macOS.
        3)I want tone able to access to and modify my personal iCloud calendar within Outlook, in parallel to my professional Exchange calendar.
        In brief, Need to be able to see and modify iCloud calendars in Outlook. I use Outlook for work and to have to run another calendar app for personal, and for another start-up.

• Gary Crisci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ultimately I need to be able to use Outlook as my single Calendar client on Mac. Currently I can use Outlook as my single email client (O365, Google, iCloud, etc.), but it does not support other calendars.

I have an O365 calendar, Google calendar, and an iCloud calendar. The only place I can see all calendars in a single view is on my phone. This is inefficient. On my Mac I have O365 calendar on Outlook, and Google and iCloud are on Mac calendar app. So when booking a meeting I have to have both Outlook and Mac calendar open to see if I have an open time slot.

I want to use just Outlook and see my O365 along with Google and iCloud. This will allow me to stop using Mac calendar and have a single unified view of schedule.

Thanks

• Volker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using our private CalDAV and CardDAV servers within our company. It is macOS Server, but we want to switch to Cyrus IMAPD. Therefore we need implementation of internet standards RFC 4791 and RFC 6747 and more configuration options to set hostname, port, login credentials for arbitrary CalDAV or CardDAV service (just like with IMAP or SMTP service).

• Clear Litserv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Goal: Sync in both directions of calendar and contacts between Outlook:mac and iPhone / iPad. If possible, also notes and tasks.

I prefer to use my own CardDAV- and CalDAV-server (third party product as well as OSX server).

But I would accept to sync via iCloud as an '80% solution'.

What I don't understand:
        (1) If MS implements Card-/CalDAV to Outlook:mac, then it should be possible to sync with iCloud.
        (2) MS provides sync between outlook:iOS and iCloud; the technology seems to be available. Why not for Outlook:mac?
        (3) Apple provides an AddIn for Outlook:win to sync contacts and calendar in iCloud; I assume to attract MS customers for Apple services and products. Why isn't MS doing the same, providing sync-services for Outlook:mac with iPhone / iPad with/without iCloud? In my view this would make Outlook:mac much more attractive...

• Mike Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, it’s allowing me to view and edit (including sent meeting invites) calendars in Outlook that are hosted on services such as iCloud and Google. Essentially the same as is possible via the Calendar app on iOS and macOS.

• Chaz Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My original vote was to add support for 3rd party services like Google (which is being integrated fully anyway) but folks using other services still may appreciate it.

Ultimately, Outlook should be our one stop shop for our email needs.

• Emmanuel Phan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want tone able to access to and modify my personal iCloud calendar within Outlook, in parallel to my professional Exchange calendar.

• Boris Aranovich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good example of a use-case is adding an internet calendar, like form Google Calendars. I don't want to add the whole GMail account since I am not interested in personal e-mails appearing with my corporate ones.
        However, for Calendar - it is important to have the external list of events displayed too, so when creating events, it's easy to see whether this time slot is taken.

• Dani Meier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course Icloud. Since you don't support contacts and calendar for Icloud, we all need 2 client software to manage that instead having one

• John Mostovoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need iCloud calendar and contact sync support. It's annoying not being able to use Outlook for Mac with all contacts stored in iCloud.

I simply want the functionality that has been in Outlook for the Mac (previously) and Outlook for the iPhone and Outlook for the iPad and also Outlook for Windows; namely, the ability to read and write events from Apple's iCloud Calendar.

• Leif Bilen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to see and modify iCloud calendars in Outlook. I use Outlook for work and to have to run another calendar app for personal is a PITA. I end up missing stuff.

• Bernard Rey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple and easy : I want Outlook to sync with the Mac Calendar, in order to sync it to iPhones, iPads, etc. through iCloud. As it is now, it's unusable, I was forced to drop Outlook tools and use Apple's Calendar, which is a real PITA.

• Jon Speer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a business user that demands the power of Office 365, but operating within a Google G Suite corporate environment, I want Outlook for Mac to fully synchronize with the corporate address book, personal calendar, calendar updates, creating meetings, as well as checking meeting attendee and resource calendars and then adding them to meetings. I also need team/group calendars as an overlay on my calendar.

← Previous 1

Outlook for Mac - Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base