OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Mac - Business

Add delaying or scheduling the sending and delivery of email messages.

577 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't you provide the same functionality as windows, i.e. a rule to define which and how much to delay?

• RalphRalph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is provided now is a start. Please also include the other key functionalities available in the Windows version, like rules to have every mail to have a default delay and exceptions with characters.

• Chris SummersChris Summers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is nice but still well short of the functionality in the Windows version. You could use rules to ensure every message has a delay and also add exceptions (specific characters in the body) to ensure it is sent immediately.

Hi,
        I am frustrated because I can not use the delayed send feature in my outlook on Mac. Any update on it?

this must allow different sending and receiving options for different accounts as in the outlook 2011

• ReginaldReginald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be just nearly as simple as the same functionality in Windows. A very useful feature to time your targeted recipients optimally.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And delayed receive as well-sometimes I need to work online, but not be interrupted

This is (was) the reason I was interested in Outlook, but found out it is non-exsistent in Mac version... disappointed!

• MatthewMatthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Started drafting a major idea I wanted to send out to all my colleagues, then it became 4 AM on a friday night.... "Oh I'll just schedule it"... nope. Gotta remember to send it out monday morning. Yikes!

• Michael AllsupMichael Allsup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY, WHY, WHY.....WHY would you take a feature out of office just because it's on MAC. I use message deley delivery almost every day in my business. It seems like Microsoft only wants me to work M-F 8-5.

• Ben StokesBen Stokes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often work on weekends and very late at night to catch up, prepare and send invoices etc for my business. It looks bad if I'm sending emails to clients at 11pm on a Wednesday or on a Sunday afternoon for example. Scheduling the sending of emails would help so much. Please implement it!

I used this feature frequently when I used Windows XP [up to 2 years ago], to schedule orders to be placed with suppliers on some future date so that in turn my business could supply our customers on time. This avoided using tagged emails , scheduled tasks & multiple pdf documents on a Mac Desktop that could be overlooked when things get busy
        ! Like much of MS Office for Mac it seems to have ~ 70% of the features on PC versions. Why the discrimination? Perhaps the cost of Mac versions should only be 70% of the equivalent PC MS Office software?

As an instructor I do not allow my students to email me on the weekends but sometimes I need to get caught up-so if I can schedule an outgoing email then they will not realize I am online and feel like they can get an immediate response.

• Fred BarnesFred Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Office 2016 desktop in my office and Office 365 on my iMac at home. 365 automatically sends the mail so there is no way something can be stopped.

• Nicholas OutramNicholas Outram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I send an email at weekends, I don't want others to feel pressured to respond. If the email was held on the server and sent on Monday AM, then (i) I can relax as it's a job done so I can go and relax, (ii) no one is disturbed while away from the office (our phones generate so many notifications these days) and (iii) it's in the top of their inbox on Monday AM.

Technology is great, but distraction is a modern problem. For the benefit of society, please allow us to tell your servers when to actually send an email :)

• CharisCharis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used this setting as a Microsoft employee. Please implement in this version! Thanks.

• Chris KerstiensChris Kerstiens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding our business to the list. Several users would like this feature. Both a minute or so delay and a scheduling option.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base