OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Please make the google integration work in any form. It is unusable as is.

Google apps for business are a major player and outlooks support is terrible. So many features not working I could not list them. Please improve

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Contact lookup slow

Improve responsiveness of contact lookup when adding addressees to email messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back Categories with Gmail/IMAP even if categories don't exist in Gmail/IMAP, just skip this attribute when syncing.

If Outlook is the main tool (don't like Gmail interface, to be honest), it doesn't matter if some features are only available in Outlook Client, the Web Client is only used for contingency.
    Make the categories available again for Outlook for Mac with Gmail (and probably other IMAP) accounts, please.
    At least for the calendar, Gmail has a color option for calendar, this at least could synchronized (mapped, if color don't match, no problem).
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send Out of Office replies to a domain

I have the option to send OOO replies to all or to my contacts. I would also like the option to send OOO to any user of a particular domain. I have customers who may not be in my contacts list but I know the domain name that someone would be sending from.This would give better control than sending to all external users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. internal and external email tab or view.

Create a tab (or view) that allows me to easily switch between a message list that contains internal and external emails. I could see a tab next to "other" or a special filter under the Filter Email button on the Ribbon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save as PDF - PDF version standard

Export/Save as PDF should use the same PDF version standard across all Microsoft products for example version 1.7 regardless if using Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, or Microsoft Online and regardless of using the option use Microsoft online service to generate the PDF or using the local service.
    This consistency is critical to having a consistent and supported cross platform user experience with PDFs being used or printed which were created by Microsoft products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clear up confusing text for deleting / empty folder

When RH Clicking on a folder change the text for "Delete" which deletes the FOLDER to say "delete FOLDER" the text for "Delete all" can change to "Empty Folder" or something along those lines. Too many time I have deleted a folder when trying to empty a folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Outlook's failure modes

Whenever Outlook goes offline, a notification or popup should appear.

For example, right now, if the process "Office365ServiceV2" freezes. The Outlook client goes offline without any notification. While I know this is a bug due to Office365ServiceV2, the client should still inform the user that it went offline, regardless of the reason.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. booking meeting room in calendar issue when I migrate to O365

I have a Mac for outlook issue when I booked the meeting room in calendar. I get the email from meeting room send back for me and it show up on meeting room immediately. but when I migrate to O365, the situation is different. I can't see the current meeting calendar status. it will be display after 30 minutes. it's very slow I can't waiting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back run schedule feature to be able to schedule cleanup of email in different folders

I used heavily Run Schedule in Outlook 2011 to keep my mailbox at a manageable size. I receive a lot of alerts type emails that must be filed away for some period of time and can be deleted past a certain age. So I used run schedule to delete email older than x days from several different folders in my Exchange account. The different folders had different retention policy. My cleanup would run once a day and save a lot of manual work.

I have been terribly frustrated to find that this feature is missing from Outlook 2016 for Mac…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to copy the task list for pasting in another program

In Outlook for Windows, you can select multiple Tasks in the Task List, click Copy, then paste the list into another tool (e.g. Excel). Doing this is really handy for quickly generating a list of tasks to save or send elsewhere.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Delve People Preview Pane

Similar to the Delve people pane that appears on Outlook 365 web, can a rich people pane appear when clicking a user's name - displaying elements like org chart, contact details, photo, files etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow moving search results to "Focused" or "Other" inboxes

When I'm in my Inbox and I highlight a message, I can see the Move to Other/Focused choices in the top menu under Messages (nothing in the ribbon), but if I do a search and highlight a message, that choice disappears from the Message menu.

I often do searches that result in long conversations that need to be moved to Focused or Other.

Outlook for Mac 2016 v15.41. My MacOS is High Sierra v10.13.2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow "Filter Email" status to be remembered when switching between e-mail accounts

Allow "Filter Email" status to be remembered when switching between e-mail accounts.
    Presently you have to redo "Filter E-mail" anytime you switch between inboxes. For example, if I look at Email Account #1 with the "Unread" filter on, then switch momentarily to Email Account #2 to read an e-mail, when I come back to the same folder of Email Account #1, the filter has automatically been removed and I have to redo it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Request to change password for Mac Clients on O365 Admin center

Please improve password sync time between O365 and Mac Outlook client. It is taking almost 1 hour for when a user has requested to change a password on Outlok (Mac), and when I change it on O365 Admin Center, it takes almost 1 hour for Outlook to prompt the user to change his/her password. Windows clients do not experience this as when a request to have password change is made, it is immediate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Assign a keyboard shortcut for “new email from template”!

Please assign a keyboard shortcut or at least make a button for “new email from template”! It is a great new “feature” to have templates for the Mac version, but no one wants to wander around menu items to get an email started! Thank you!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. be able to select a contact's address to add to the location field for a meeting or appointment

I haven't found a way to easily select a contact's address to add to a meeting or appointment in the location field in the calendar. this is useful when using outlook on your phone and linking to a gps app. many years ago, i used to be able to link a contact and a meeting/appointment. can't seem to do that any more in either windows or mac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base