OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. caCalendar Update: Option to Send/Do Not Send A Response

Calendar Update: Option to Send/Do Not Send A Response
    As an EA, I'd like to be able to make adjustments as needed to calendar planners without spamming inboxes. Outlook for Mac does not integrate the "work offline" mode and delete the planner from the sent folder. Having this option like Google Cal would be awesome!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include option to disable DELETE ALL trash can in the Outlook Organize tab (Mac)

I’ve been burned again by Outlook (Mac)….
    I accidentally selected DELETE ALL twice now over the last month or so, deleting massive numbers of emails before I was able to stop it, particularly the first time. I was able to recover both times, but it is a BIG HASSLE and some mail was likely lost in the process.
    This happened to me twice, early in the morning, right after I got up and not completely awake. Both times I was checking and deleting some emails and selected a few to delete. My Outlook page just happened to be open in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please refer to this calendar suggestion, it should be moved to this Business forum

Please see

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/8907997-timezone (over 1,400 votes)

This is a request to allow the display of two timezones in the calendar view like the PC version (e.g. I can display EST & GMT simultaneously to allow for easier scheduling)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep email highlighted in the email overview after following a link in the email

When I select an e-mail in my inbox, it opens in the preview pane. As soon as I follow a link in that e-mail, the e-mail isn't highlighted anymore.

I expect the email currently in the preview pane to stay highlighted.

Specs:
    Microsoft Outlook for Mac
    version 16.28
    Office 365 subscription
    Dark mode :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "Correct Spelling Automatically" and "suggest most used addresses" after initial letter(s) prompt in address boxes.

It seems stupid and counterproductive that Outlook in Office for Mac 2016 does not do two things, so far as I have been able to determine: 1. Enable "Correct Spelling Automatically" as a one-time preference setting, and 2. Suggest the most often used email addresses that start with one or two letters after prompting in address boxes to make it considerably less burdensome to complete address boxes.

Millions of business Mac business users who are trying to take advantage of Outlook's purported advantages over their native Mail system are being deprived of these time-savers by some sort of institutional reticence…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display the correct symbol for signed and encrypted mails

Currently all e-mails which are signed, encrypted or signed+encrypted have the lock symbol in the 'attachement' column. Furthermore when writing a new e-mail and select the option to sign the message a notification bar shows up between the subject and the text showing a lock symbol.
    This might be missleading for the user and she might think that the content of a signed e-mail gets encrypted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it easy to copy e-mail address from email

If someone asks for an e-mail address of a person I have e-mailed with, it is almost impossible to find how to copy the email without the contact name. This takes up so much of my time!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Also search in attachment in Outlook for Mac

Outlook for Mac uses spotlight and does not search keywords in attachments. On windows, web-based outlook and on iPhone, this works perfectly. I suggest that search is also extended to search in the attachments

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add time to right side of calendar view in week mode

I use work week and week mode for my calendar and it would be nice if the time was also on the right side of the window. My calendar is beyond ridiculous and there have been more than one occasion where I would be an hour off because my eyes accidentally tracked down or up an hour for an event when looking all the way across the window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. pls add the quick print feature to attachments in outlook for MAC.

this feature is most common in the windows version and used a lot, which helps workflow and efficiency.
    strangely enough this common feature lacks the MAC version, and thus make workflow time consuming and crood.\
    tks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. allow sub tasks within a task

allow sub tasks within a task

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make the "To:" field larger when there are several invitees in Outlook 2016

Expand the To: line in Outlook 2016 calendar invites when there are more than a few invitees. Right now, it's very difficult to see how many people are invited to a meeting. One has to scroll a tiny little scroll bar at the right of the "To:" field and one can only see one line at a time for invitees. It's easy fo scroll past a few lines. Very difficult to use. Just make the To: field capable of showing more than one line, or let the user expand the size of the field vertically. Keep the scroll bar in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Feedback: Updating Calendar and BUG to report

I have been using Outlook for Mac for some time now. There was a recent update that enabled me to add/delete invitees to meetings and only send updates to those added/deleted. Seems that has gone away again. Would REALLY like to ahve that back as I am almost acussed of spamming when i am making regular updates to attendees.

The new bug I have noticed ocurred today. I cancelled a meeting, and one of the attendees did not get the notification. It's a recurring invite and only cancelled the one ocurrence. I went into the series, and looked at attendee…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Resolve the various incompatibility issues between sending Word documents as an email

Word Documents which can be sent as an email in Windows send fine but when using the same document and being shared from Word into Outlook on the Mac they simply do not format the same, despite the document looking correct in Word. Problem is with the formatting of boxes (e.g. like an org chart). I have to revert to a Windows laptop to send documents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide the ability to export emails to a common format (CSV, JSON XML etc)

Outlook Mac only allows you to export emails to another .olm file which is useless then you need to move the data to different applications. Please provide the above option, even if it excludes attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Active Connection Status

Sometimes connection fails because you pop a browser window under a bunch of other windows. Don't do that, obviously. But if you just can't figure out how to fix that, then make the connection status tell the user why Outlook is not connected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Asignments

Please allow Mac to take and give asignments, as in PC version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make standard offer/ deal tekst template in Outlook Customer Manager. With this template its easier to make offers to customers

Make standard offer/ deal tekst template in Outlook Customer Manager. With this template its easier to make offers to customers and if controllable e.g. the agenda you never lose control. It would be nice when there are flags, due date etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add calendar(s) selected indicator in checkboxes.

Currently, if you select all the calendars under an account, you get a checkmark in the checkbox indicating all the calendars under that account are selected. However, when you want to be selective and turn some off, the check mark goes away and is empty. So, if you collapse the account with the selective calendars marked, you think nothing is selected when in reality there are calendars selected!

Like other applications with toggle down views and checkboxes, please put a checkmark when all are selected, a "-" (dash) when calendars are selected but not all and blank the checkbox completely…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Electronic business card to be a signature in Outlook for mac

I use Outlook for Mac via subscribing to Office 365 for mac. All my colleagues use PC's and run outlook 2010. They use their own electronic business card as their signatures but I cannot as it's not a feature of outlook for mac

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base