OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. multiple language

working with multiple language in outlook for mac is a real nightmare. We are a global company dealing daily with email in at least 2 languages and often 3. For every single mail we write, since there is no smart language identification, we do need to write email, select the contact and go to language to switch the languages - which is ridiculous. Word detects the language in few words, and even writing an email on smartphone today has this feature.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for team calendars

One of the biggest things I miss in Outlook 2016 for Mac vs the Windows version is that when I go into calendar view I don't see my team members, nor do I see a way to add them or anyone else in my organization.

In Windows I can add individuals in my organization whose names then appear in the sidebar under the 2 months displayed (where the "categories" currently are in the Mac version). I can just check the boxes next to their names and their schedules show up next to mine. Makes it much easier to find free…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Dark Mode to include the message preview

Just like the topic says. Make dark mode include the message preview pane. The main interface is nice but the dark mode being there then contrasting with a bright white message preview really hurts the eyes.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assign Tasks

Need the ability to assign tasks to others

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have separate windows

In the Windows version of Outlook, you can have a separate window for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, etc. In Outlook for Mac, all these functions are within the same window. I suggest you provide this capability to the Mac version. This will prevent users from having to switch back and forth in the same window for data that may be needed for other parts of the application.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow preference be set to 'keep source formatting' when pasting

Presently copy/ paste replaces formatting with the destination styles. It would be very useful to be able to select 'keep source' as the default rather than the other way around.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow group by subject, sort by date, outside of conversations

I would like to be able to select: arrange by subject, newest on top, show in groups. This would work just like arrange by conversations, newest on top, show in group, except it would work for messages that have the same subject but are not in a conversation.

Here's the use case: my corp wiki sends me a message whenever a page I'm watching is updated. There's a lot of these. The subject is always: "[Wiki] title-of-the-page-that-was-updated". So when someone saves frequently while working on a page I get a lot of messages with the same subject, but they are…

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please allow us to attach files to an event/appointment in Outlook for Mac, Pleeeeaaaseeee...

Please allow us to attach files to an event/appointment in Outlook for Mac, Pleeeeaaaseeee...

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Office 365 Message Encryption (OME)

Provide OME Encryption function to the Permission button similar to Outlook on Windows.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow for customization of the Mac powerbook Touch Bar!

I wish I could customize the Touch Bar for Outlook. Other applications allow for customization, so why not Outlook? It would be great if I could place the icons I use most, in a convenient location.
    Thanks!

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to attach documents from SharePoint on Outlook 2016 on Mac

Ability to attach documents from SharePoint on Outlook 2016 on Mac

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add RSS feeds

Add option to read RSS feeds in Outlook for Mac as in Outlook for Windows

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability to disable or customize toolbar

As of 15.34 (170330) this is still not implemented. We NEED to be able to customize touchbar otherwise we cannot use Outlook as our email client. Emails are legal documents for many businesses and it's simply too easy to send emails prematurely with the send button in the touchbar. Thanks.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. search

Please reinstate the quick refinements for "from:", "to:" and "contains:" to be added to keywords entered into the search box in Outlook for Mac 2016.

The new predictive algorithm and search suggestions don't work for me at all – sometimes I need to find emails "from X", sometimes I need the ones sent "to X" and sometimes I want emails that "contain X" where X is a person's name, a company, or a product.

The previous refinements made it fast to find emails and switch the filtering. The new way involves multiple clicks, or setting up saved searches – it's so much…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix permissions so that shared calendars don't need "Reviewer" permissions to see titles and locations

Currently, any calendars set to "Can view titles and locations" in OWA are seen in OWA and Apple Calendar.app, but not in Outlook 2016. The only way to see shared calendars in Outlook is for the owner to change permissions to "Can view all details". This makes shared calendars appear in Outlook, but triggers reminders for all users who can see the events.

Fix Outlook for Mac so that shared calendar titles and locations can be viewed when "Can view titles and locations" permissions are set.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please allow mac user to assign tasks on outlook, it is a huge inconvenience for those of us who have to work on outlook on a mac

Please allow mac user to assign tasks on outlook, it is a huge inconvenience for those of us who have to work on outlook on a mac

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copying calendar items

When I am entering a reoccurring meeting that has no fixed days and intervals you have to enter the calendar items one by one. Copying and then change the date will help enourmously.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Abilty to view Team/Shared/Room calendars in the Calendar Folder Pane

I shift between Outlook for Windows and Outlook for Mac often for work. The Mac version however, does not synchronise shared calendars with Exchange like the Windows version. It would be hugely beneficial if the Mac version could display the folder pane similar to the Windows client which has "My Calendars", all my "Team: ", "Shared", and "Room" calendars that I have saved. Makes it much easier to see my team and meeting room resource availabilities.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Unread folder (just like windows version)

Unread folder (just like windows version), not a smart folder at the bottom of the list. I have 80-100 subfolders and many, many rules for my incoming email. Having the Unread folder at the top just like the windows version would be much more helpful.
    Or, if not possible have the Smart folder option also be a Favorite.
    Please at the Favorite star to Smart Folders too.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable SharePoint Calendars on Outlook for Mac

Larger organizations with either "self-hosted" or Office 365 service using SharePoint as their primary source to manage and share internal information are currently unable to connect to SharePoint Calendars, using Outlook 2016 for Mac.

Please enable Outlook for Mac to Connect to SharePoint Calendars.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base