OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Distribution groups

Please make viewing distribution groups members possible from the address book for Mac users. Please also make viewing what distribution groups a person is a part of possible.

235 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Ribbon/Toolbar configurable

The quick access toolbar and the ribbon bar need to be configurable.
    They contain buttons which are never used (e. g. "Print" – who prints out emails?!) or buttons are inconveniently placed.

221 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Voting Support

Enable voting functionality for feature parity with Outlook Windows.

217 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The powerful feature quick steps is still missing in Qutlook for Mac :-(

Quick steps for mails and calendar would be very helpful!

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for iCloud Calendar and iClou contacts to Outlook for MacOS

Please make it possible to use Oulook for MacOS with iCloud contacts and calendar. It should be possible by adding support for CalDAV and CardDAV.

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Office 2016 for Mac to pass your enterprise login credentials from the OS of the Mac to Outlook 2016 for Mac client.

I would like to know more about the inability to pass your enterprise login credentials from the OS of the Mac to the Outlook 2016 for Mac client. Specifically, can this be done? If so, how? If not, why not? This functionality exists for Windows and the related version of Office 2016 for Windows. When using this combination of software my enterprise login credentials are passed thru to Outlook. When I change my password the updated password is automatically passed thru to Outlook for Windows. When I change my password on my Mac the Outlook for Mac client prompts me…

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I suggest a black theme for Office 365 on Mac.

On Windows are choices for the color theme, black, white, colorful, etc. For mac only Colorful and Classic. Reading the internet I found no solution but tons of people desiring the same. Please add Black theme for Office Mac. Thanks

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shared calendars appear in "FROM" and "Out of office" fields.

When adding someone (or even a resource) to the shared calendars list, the account of that calendar appears in the From field when sending an email, and appears in the Autoreply Settings as a user you can change this for. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with security rights, because sending an email or changing the Out of Office (autoreply) settings will get you an error. It clutters up our input fields though.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow preference be set to 'keep source formatting' when pasting

Presently copy/ paste replaces formatting with the destination styles. It would be very useful to be able to select 'keep source' as the default rather than the other way around.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have separate windows

In the Windows version of Outlook, you can have a separate window for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, etc. In Outlook for Mac, all these functions are within the same window. I suggest you provide this capability to the Mac version. This will prevent users from having to switch back and forth in the same window for data that may be needed for other parts of the application.

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix Dark Mode to include the message preview

Just like the topic says. Make dark mode include the message preview pane. The main interface is nice but the dark mode being there then contrasting with a bright white message preview really hurts the eyes.

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add ability to disable or customize toolbar

As of 15.34 (170330) this is still not implemented. We NEED to be able to customize touchbar otherwise we cannot use Outlook as our email client. Emails are legal documents for many businesses and it's simply too easy to send emails prematurely with the send button in the touchbar. Thanks.

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. enable export from outlook for Mac in anything other than .OLM, which is incompatible with anything other than Mac. How about CSV?

Unless you are in a Mac-only shop, it is impossible to transfer email archives, contacts, etc from one computer to another unless you have an Exchange server - which we do not all have.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add high contrast themes

As I'm getting older I find it harder to distinguish between very slight differences in contrast and hard to see very light text on light colored background. Please add a high contrast theme to Outlook. The new theme would be especially helpful on the folder list. Best would be capability to have purely black background with white letters or the reverse, white background with black letters. The current white background with light grey letters is killing my eyes.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update Modern Authentication for macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Enable 'keychain-access-groups' entitlements in your Xcode build to allow modern auth with client certificates in Outlook for High Sierra.
    Trying to log into our SSO portal, I'm asked to select my client certificate for auth, but then taken to a 'access denied' screen. Outlook doesn't have permissions to access other items in the keychain in it's entitlements, so it can't access the cert.

I see secd errors in Console.app all day.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CTK Support

Outlook currently only supports smart card authentication when using legacy frameworks that are not included in macOS. This requires use of third-party software in order to authenticate to a mail server using a client certificate from a smart card. Apple is now including smart card support in macOS with CryptoTokenKit (CTK). Microsoft Outlook should include support for CTK to allow use of smart cards for authentication without the need for third party software.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automapping Shared Mailboxes

Please support automapping for shared mailboxes in Outlook 2016 for Mac. Having shared accounts automatically add themselves for our users would improve their experience.

Additionally, according to support agents, this feature is required for a shared mailbox to automatically send and receive mail.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Develop Outlook for Mac for greater SharePoint Online integration

Look at all the UserVoice comments that point to one issue: integrating Outlook for Mac better with SharePoint Online. SharePoint Online lists (e.g., the task app, the contacts app, etc.) cannot sync with Outlook for Mac. They should. There are solid reasons for businesses and governments to use Apple hardware and OS with Office 365 and SharePoint Online, but the functionality to include SPO lists in Outlook is only for Windows and not for the Mac OS Outlook client. Please change!

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Feature parity with Outlook for Windows

This one is really simple. If the Windows Outlook client can do it--add it to the Outlook for Mac client. Not for Office 365 subscribers only or Exchange accounts only, just make it work like the Windows clients. Users love the Windows client. The Mac client has been getting better! But users want to switch between PC and Mac and find the same features. Give the users what they want.

For example: When a request comes in for Delayed send (a feature which already existed in Outlook for Mac 2011 and was taken away), don't enable it only for O365…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Cloud Based Synchronised Setting

Could you please consider a function that copies your o385 setting, signatures and preferences across multiple device installations.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base