OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add To Do Bar in Mail View

Please can we have a To Do bar in the mail view of Outlook for Mac 2016, pretty useful for Business users

712 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    29 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show sent messages in conversations

Show sent messages in conversations.

560 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions), for Mac

Have Outlook added to the 'share' menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's time-consuming, and annoying to constantly have to drag files to Outlook — as opposed to being able to sending them via Outlook under the 'share' option. This is a must for businesses, that email a lot of attachments. Thanks.

507 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Ignore Thread / Conversation

The windows client lets you select email threads and ignore all future responses to it. There's no reason mac users shouldn't have this option. I would love to ignore all threads involving my coworkers cats or memes on my mac client, but I can't. I'm forced to live with their cats and cat meme threads.

339 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix quoting for HTML and plain text replies.

Outlook for Mac has been hobbled for some time by not providing proper quoting for plaintext (internet-standard > prefixing) and by having HTML quoting styles that don't support in-line replies. Windows Outlook supports both, PLEASE fix!

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Quicksteps to Outlook

Like in Windows version

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Smart Folders to Favorites

Make it possible to add any smart folder to the new Favorites in Outlook.

222 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a delay rule to all outgoing emails

We would like to have an option to create a rule to delay all outgoing email, like in Outlook for Windows.
    Thye idea is to have a small time to cancel the sending if there is something wrong.

You can delay individual messages, but you cannot add a rule to "auto-delay" X time any email you send.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MSG and OFT File Support

Add the ability to read Windows Outlook file formats like msg and oft automatically.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add missing attachment reminder

It's called "Warn me when I send a message that may be missing an attachment" and enabled for literally all Outlook versions. See https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Mail-settings-30C69A79-EFC6-42D2-B740-4BF1C1F8A01C

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove "From" field or remove send-as list

When you add a shared calendar to Outlook 2016, the calendar/person also appears in the "From" dropdown menu when composing a new email. This is confusing for many users.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show the recipient's email addresses not just the name.

Outlook often picks up the wrong email address for my contacts and uses those when I type the person's name as a mail recipient. For example Wunderlist notifications. Too many times I've sent the email to the wrong address. Please give me a chance to notice the address is wrong before sending.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove the incredibly annoying 'stars' next to folders as everyone I know keeps clicking them by mistake.

Remove the incredibly annoying 'stars' next to folders as everyone I know keeps clicking them by mistake.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add ability to snooze

Add ability to snooze messages (i.e schedule messages to come back to the top of your Inbox). Many modern clients support this and it is actually already part of Outlook for iOS. If added, this should be available to use as one of the swipe gestures.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Limit offline - cached mail

Limit the amount of mail to keep offline, like in the PC version where we can set a date range. We constantly have problems with users with large mailboxes needing to resync giant mailboxes all the time. In the age of gmail, its crazy to tell people they need to wait to sync 40GB of email before Outlook will be usable... for the 2nd time this month

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. multiple language

working with multiple language in outlook for mac is a real nightmare. We are a global company dealing daily with email in at least 2 languages and often 3. For every single mail we write, since there is no smart language identification, we do need to write email, select the contact and go to language to switch the languages - which is ridiculous. Word detects the language in few words, and even writing an email on smartphone today has this feature.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add support for team calendars

One of the biggest things I miss in Outlook 2016 for Mac vs the Windows version is that when I go into calendar view I don't see my team members, nor do I see a way to add them or anyone else in my organization.
    In Windows I can add individuals in my organization whose names then appear in the sidebar under the 2 months displayed (where the "categories" currently are in the Mac version). I can just check the boxes next to their names and their schedules show up next to mine. Makes it much easier to find free…

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow group by subject, sort by date, outside of conversations

I would like to be able to select: arrange by subject, newest on top, show in groups. This would work just like arrange by conversations, newest on top, show in group, except it would work for messages that have the same subject but are not in a conversation.

Here's the use case: my corp wiki sends me a message whenever a page I'm watching is updated. There's a lot of these. The subject is always: "[Wiki] title-of-the-page-that-was-updated". So when someone saves frequently while working on a page I get a lot of messages with the same subject, but they are…

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Office 365 Message Encryption (OME)

Provide OME Encryption function to the Permission button similar to Outlook on Windows.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for customization of the Mac powerbook Touch Bar!

I wish I could customize the Touch Bar for Outlook. Other applications allow for customization, so why not Outlook? It would be great if I could place the icons I use most, in a convenient location.
    Thanks!

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?