OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Mail Vault - a Hardened Folder with Enhanced Privacy, Security and Encryption

Feature: Vault Folder

I want a "vault" folder with hardened encryption, access and authentication.

Imagine similar features to [OneDrive's Personal Vault](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/06/25/onedrive-personal-vault-added-security-onedrive-additional-storage/). Essentially I want similar features in Outlook.

Core Business Requirements

The core concepts of this suggested folder feature:

• Hardened encryption at rest

• Effective privacy enhancements

• Lockable, auto-lock and timeout

• Additional authentication

• Secure multi-factor authentication options

Nice to See

I would rather see some Vault-like feature than none.
    To see this implemented "right" in my own view would need

• Recovery Key Management

• Strong Open Cryptography

• Strong MFA

• Inhibited Access

• Exfiltration Protection

• Access Restrictions

• Privacy by Default

• Secure Development
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SMIME is broken in the "new outlook" for MacOS (also the advanced account option is gone")

Reinstate the advanced account options to be able to configure and use S/MIME

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give the ability to designate a default _sender_ address not just a default _reply-from_ address

Give the ability to designate a default sender address not just a default reply-from addr. I have both personal and work e-mail on my office computer which is acceptable use in my company. However, Outlook chooses the sender depending on what message I have currently selected. There is no way to specify that mail should always be sent from my work address. This has resulted in me accidently sending potentially sensitive company information through my Google mail. In addition to the potential security problem this represents, having the wrong sender confuses people from my company. Please help me stop getting…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders

Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders, the same way it shows up for all other folders. The use case here is that I've created smart folders for mail in my Inbox that is from key people (one smart folder per person) that I need to prioritize. When new mail arrives from one of those people, I need a visual queue that a new message has arrived from that person.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. option to disable automatic Alt Text for images

whenever I add an (inline) image to a message, outlook automatically generates Alt Text to helpfully describe this graphic. please provide a way to disable this. I share design visuals many times a day, and this description is almost never even close: eg a recent effort was tagged as being 'A parrot'. which it really wasnt

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add BCC when creating a mail merge from Word. Currently there is no way to add BCC field when creating a mail merge on a Mac vs PC

Similar to a PC running windows, really need the ability to add the BCC field when creating a mail merge. Cannot do this on a MAC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sync categories across platforms and users

1) If user is on Office 365 and using Mac Outlook client, should be able to have ONE consistent set of Categories, using same names and colors. Not separate categories for each platform (i.e. local categories on Outlook Mac, network categories on Office 365 client).
    2) Should be able to establish "system wide" categories for multiple (Office 365) users, so that different users can organize mail, calendar, to do items in agreed-upon categories.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Email templates

Make it easier to create Outlook messages from prebuilt and responsive email templates. Like Mailchimp but inside of Outlook.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Cmd + C and Cmd + V for mail attachments

attaching emails within the mails is very troublesome in Outlook Mac, there is no short cuts. I have to use drag and drop. Same applies for some file types too (e.g. pdf, jpg, pptx. .etc).

Just like Windows Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V for mail attachments, Request you to include similar feature Cmd + C and Cmd + V.

Appreciate for prioritizations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a calendar permission option for location only

Add an option in the calendar permissions so that others in your org and see the time and location where you're blocked but not the meeting title. The current option for location includes the meeting titles.

The purpose would be to allow others to see your location for scheduling meetings but still allows for some privacy. This is helpful for our org which frequently travels between meetings in 3 different buildings on campus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ability to view the email alias to which the orginal email was sent, without being redirected to the default email alias.

Prior to migrating to O365, we were using Zoho Email and I have had few email alias for various purposes like an alias for subscription, some I had used earlier (longer ones) before I created a shorter version of the email (for easy usage).

Also, helps be identify which ones I had subscribed and which ones I had not - so, I can easily filter out the ones I had not originally subscribed to. With the current implemention of redirecting emails from all alias to the default alias, I'm unable to identify the same. I'm also hoping this redirection doesn't…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Prevent duplication notifications when using both To Do and Outlook

I use Microsoft Outlook (version 16.31) for Mac and Microsoft To Do. When I set a reminder in To Do, I get a desktop notification from both apps. This is annoying. I'd like a way to prevent these duplicate notifications.

This happens because I use my work account for both Outlook and To Do. This thread mentioned it's expected behavior right now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/disable-outlook-tasks-notification/89be8699-9fbe-4323-a8d1-8c47d547746a?auth=1 but I'd like that to change. Currently I would have to completely disable meeting notifications on my desktop, and that would be very difficult since I rely on both meeting and task notifications.

Since I use To…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide all meetings on public or private holidays

On private or public holidays I am not in the office anyway, so it would be great if you could set it so that no appointments or notifications are displayed in the first place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import hyperlink from Filemaker Pro

In my Filemaker Pro database, there is a function called send mail. This function takes data from my database and creates an email in Outlook. It works great. The one thing I have not been able to automate with this script step is creating a hyperlink in Outlook. I have to copy and paste the url into the Hyperlink option on the format menu in outlook. I then shorten the hyperlink displayed in the email to a more recognizable text string so that the link is more intuitive for the end user. I would save a lot of keystrokes if…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Consistent naming across platforms and products

You've just changed the name of Trash in Outlook Mac to Rubbish but it's called Deleted Items via the portal. In some apps you call Teams, Groups and so it goes on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Block Drag & Drop of Emails from Outlook to Mac

For PC's, GPOs are available to restrict certain settings to block drag and drop of emails from Outlook to the desktop or network shares. No such setting exists for Mac users. While Microsoft has blocked the ability to export PSTs, this still leaves open a security hole where users can simply drag emails outside of their mailbox. Requesting the ability to block this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sensitivity Labels in New Outlook for Mac

The new Outlook for Mac has Sensitivity label greyed out whereas the current Outlook for Mac has them available. When can we have Sensitivity labels working in the new Outlook for Mac?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recurring series at non-regular intervals

Allow us to create events that are linked the same way that a recurring series is, but do not re-occur at regular intervals. For example, I'd like to be able to create three linked events where the first two occur on the third Friday of the month, but the last one occurs on the second Friday of the month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dual alarm

Two alarms,
    For early morning meetings, it would be great to set an alarm for the afternoon/evening before, and then have a second alarm go off in the morning. This would also help for full day settings (example - birthday reminder a week before, then one the morning of).
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories