OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Display message classification

Exchange has a feature called Message classification which displays a classification on an email in Outlook. This function works properly on Outlook on Windows, but does not function on Outlook on Mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the dial-in number easier to find

The dial in number for Teams meetings are not in the quick-look for either the MAC client or the iOS client. Please add it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simplify the UI

In general, simplify the UI. It is so visually busy I immediately get overwhelmed and want to close the program. I am so close to reverting to Mac Mail and Calendar. I really hate it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. calendar

Separate the calendar function into a separate app so we can see our calendar side by side with our email, or just open one or the other. Often, I want my calendar open but not my email to minimize distractions.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "do not disturb"

Respect "do not disturb" by discontinuing notification sounds when it is on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keep Sidebar Sizing

There is a lot of padding/empty space with the folder view, reading pane, and schedule view on mail. I frequently resize the folder and schedule panes so that the reading pane fits the full message (messages are not being resized to fit the reading pane). But if I switch to the calendar view, once I go back to mail the sidebars are reset to their original width.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Outlook for Mac - Windows functionality

Why is Outlook for Mac so stripped down compared to Outlook for Windows? This makes no sense. Among the things that we need in Outlook for Mac
    a) the ability to pin tasks so that we can see them despite switching windows
    b) the ability to see sent messages in the same thread, rather than the annoying and useless "you replied to this message on X" date. If Gmail can figure it out, I'm sure Microsoft, can, too.
    c) Calendar preview of upcoming events when you hover over the calendar icon while viewing mail (as you can in the Windows…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Business Central Outlook Add-Ins

Are the Business Central Outlook Add-Ins "Contact Insights" and "Document View" also working in Outlook for MacOS?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make Calendar notification smaller

The calendar notifications are painful to work around due to their large size, which cannot be made smaller. The meeting/appointment name text size is overly large and leads to not be able read much. Please decrease general text size, decrease window size to have a smaller hight. If possible the window to be almost transparent. Or enable settings in preference to choose between default or smaller, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add a recurring for "Fifth" option.

You have the option to recur monthly on the first, second, third, fourth and last [Monday, Tuesday, etc.], but some months have 5 Monday, Tuesday, etc. Selecting last may put it on the 4th which may not be correct. I use the outlook calendar for my boss so they have access to their schedules from their phones when there aren't near a computer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please: better differentiation between Word and Outlook icon colors in the dock

It would be great to be better able to, at a glance, differentiate between Word & Outlook in the Dock.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Alert user with a popup when a message is stuck in outbox & not sent

It should be extremely obvious to the user when a message was not sent for some reason (attachment size, etc)–not just by the number of messages indicated in "Outbox". This directly impacts the reliability of the service and my reputation as a business owner.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Signature Export

Ability to export signatures or have the signatures centrally stored in 365 cloud. This is really quite necessary for migrating users between machines. @LukeHamburg has summed it up perfectly here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeoutlook-msomac-mso_o365b/outlook-2016-mac-signatures-how-to-export-import/1bfa4b27-4ea4-46c1-8263-c92ae557b277

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support your customers

Microsoft tech support should not send the user to users groups for answers. Microsoft ought to support its own software!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Turn off name popup when typing @name or @location

Give me an option to disable the contact names popup when I type @something. I don't want to insert an email address, I want an at-sign (@) in front of a word. For example, @somewhere.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Separate address books so you don't accidentally send an email from the wrong domain

I have two companies I’m working for and often when I’m writing a new email, it is being sent from the wrong domain and i accidentally send emails meant for coworkers at one domain from the domain of a different company. It’s dangerous. I'd like to separate address books so when I’m writing an email from domain X, it doesn’t pull up the addresses associated with domain Y. In a hurry I'll make the mistake and the damage is done.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have the address book show all address lists from Exchange

Currently the Address Book in Outlook for the Mac is not able to show all Address Lists on the Exchange server or in Exchange Online.
    If you create a custom address list in Exchange it does not show up in Outlook for Mac.
    In Outlook for Windows or even in Outlook on the Web you can see custom Address Lists or even more default Address List on the Exchange Server.

Using Outlook under different operating systems is cumbersome as there is no feature parity among the different clients.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use escape to close a message

There is a feature in the outlook for windows application (when you press esc it closes the message that is on the screen), but this functionality is not in outlook for macOS. It would be more practical if you had this option in Mac outlook

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please implement the bulk edit of categories for all classe (appointments, contacts, mails, notes)

Pleas implement the bulk edit of categories for all objects (contacts, notes, appointments, mails, etc.)

I need to change categories in my contacts database and can do it only for single entries, that's a nightmare because I have a huge contact database.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hide messages from other folders in Conversation View

In the new version of Outlook for Mac, the conversation view is too hard to follow when multiple "active" emails are in my inbox. The mix of archived emails, sent emails and more makes the email chain crazy to follow. Please add the option to hide emails not in the current folder (i.e. when I'm in the Inbox View, I see all items in the conversation that are also in the inbox). Then like in the old version of Outlook, you can have the button to show all.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base