OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. dismiss a meeting notification after you click "join online" button

Where a meeting is for Teams or Skype for Business, the meeting alert / notification shows a "join online" button. When I click this button to join the meeting, I want the notification to be dismissed. Current behaviour is that the notification remains on the screen and has to be dismissed manually

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the "Candara" font label

The font listed as "Candara" in the Outlook 365 web interface is not actually Candara--it is Optima. Please label the font correctly and insure that it is widely supported across e-mail platforms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Let me cancel a date and keep it crossed or greyed out in my Calendar

It would help me to keep track with my postponed dates if I would be able to rightclick them as "Canceled" or similar.
    Or to be allowed to drag them (e.g. while hitting a button) and therby to copy them to a new time, keeping the original one as "Postponed"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement anything on this UserVoice at all

I really haven't seen much of this UserVoice ever get implemented. I see the same old problems with Outlook on Mac now that I did 4 years ago.

Until we get connections to Apple calendars and contacts, and Outlook for Mac has any functionality of Outlook for Windows above what it has now, there's just no point in using it. I think we're simply being ignored.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a preference option to lock the mailboxes in Favourites, it is very easy to accidentally delete a folder and this is time consuming

Add ability to lock mailboxes in favourites.

It is far too easy to accidentally delete a mail box using the current star system (Mac OS X)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to disable .msg file export in Outlook for Windows

I know this is not strictly a Mac requirement, but since you already declined to implement .MSG file support on the Mac, there should be an option to stop (or make more difficiult) the creation of such files on Outlook for Windows. I frequently have to deal with .msg attachments because I cannot convince my thousands of co-workers to not use this file format. Please make the default on Windows to save mails in an interchangeable format.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the actual date in the Reading Pane for "today" emails

I saw this post on the web, and I realize I too want to see the date, even it if is "Today". Sometimes I just don't know what day it is, and I look at my Inbox to confirm the date - BUT now all Today emails are dated "Today". Can we then change the date in the Reading Pane from "Today" to the actual date? It still would show Today in the Inbox, but be more specific in the Reading Pane.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dashboard

A dashboard indicating new, flagged up, categorized emails, a calendar showing upcoming meetings, tasks would be a nice to have feature. On startup, it should show this dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. End the terrible experience of pushing Outlook to the foreground when you dismiss a reminder. This is an AWFUL experience.

Click "dismiss" and continue working in the same application I was using before Outlook took over. If I do this, then I have been reminded. Unlike today, where I dismiss a reminder, Outlook moves to the foreground (for some unknown reason), and I must move it to get back to my work.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Focused Inbox across All Accounts ("Focused Unified Inbox") a la Outlook for iOS

Simply aggregate the Focused Inbox across all accounts simultaneously.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. End appointments and meetings early (25-minute meetings)

Allow Office for Mac users to set the default meeting duration to end early, i.e. 25 min for 30 minute meetings and 10 minutes less for 1+ hour meetings.

This feature is already supported on Windows client and on GSuite.

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow sending without receiving

Please allow us to send emails including replies to already received emails whilst choosing to not yet receive new emails from the server - like a 'partially online' setting. Exchange should allow this to allow us to deal with pending issues without the distraction of new emails constantly arriving.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add an option to choose preferred calendar application more opening meeting invites.

by default outlook opens meeting invites in the outlook calendar, however I prefer to use apple calendar for this. which means it is easy to miss appointments because outlook only write to outlook calendar. the work around is to save the invite to disk (not alway possible is the ics file is not attached) and open it separately. outlook should have an option in preferences for the user to choose the ir preferred calendar application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix recipient auto complete.

Recipient auto complete in Outlook Office 365 is severely lacking. Only a few of the most commonly used names of hundreds are referenced, requiring a hunt and peck search to find the correct recipient(s). In all other email providers recipient addresses are instantly presented. Why not this Windows product?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Order by first name in Calendar

Please could we sort by first name in the shared calendars? It can be hard to remember everyone's surname. Would be helpful to have the option to do this

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug report - Local Inbox Sync

With irritating regularity, Outlook will not actually sync my local inbox - even after the 'Synchronize Now' button is used multiple times.

In these scenarios, I can attempt to quit and restart outlook (I frequently need to force quit), but the inbox still won't actually sync. If I want to actually receive new messages, I need to fully reboot my machine for outlook to pick up new messages. Force-syncing doesn't resolve the issue, quitting / force-quitting and re-starting Outlook doesn't solve the issue, only rebooting the machine does.

I am running on an up-to-date version of Mojave, and I keep…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reading pane to right - folders and conversation view

With reading pane set to the right and mails viewed as conversation, it would be very useful to see in the right pane list also the mails sent.
    At the same time the mail list in the left, when developed, should show also the mails sent and those located in folders.
    The folder name where each mail of the conversation is located should appear in this list.
    This functionality is available on outlook.office.com

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix search results UI so that panel (once again) looks like inbox

Yesterday, Outlook for Mac 16.35 (20020507) began showing search results as a long list of truncated titles and dates. This is useless. I have to click on each-and-every one to view the message in the right pane (the UI does not expand the middle, search results, pane).

Search should "filter" emails and maintain the view I am using in my InBox! That's what it WAS doing before this update.

OH. And there is no "Feedback" option in the Help menu. Which is why I've resorted to UserVoice.

<head desk>

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories