OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Honor OS X Do Not Disturb setting

OS X has a Do Not Disturb feature in the notification panel. Outlook ignores the setting. I usually turn on OS X DND when I'm on a call.
    At the moment, I have to close Outlook to be sure no sounds pop up.
    Outlook should honor the OS X DND setting and mute itself appropriately.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for submitting this request, we’re a team that’s in charge of reading and reporting all feedback from users to our development teams.

We do want to get this type of suggestion to the correct team so we have forwarded this information and we have also created a similar suggestion in our Outlook Mac section.

For ideas related to Mac for personal use, please send those to our feedback section titled Outlook for Mac or use the following link: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

We look forward to seeing feedback from you in the future!

2. Add working week number option to calendars, as with Windows version

Add working week number option to calendars, as with Windows version

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news. Starting in the April production release of Outlook for Mac (version 16.12), week numbers are now displayed for month view and in the mini-calendar in the sidebar in addition to day, week, and work week views.

Please refer to the release notes for more information:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-office-2016-for-mac-ed2da564-6d53-4542-9954-7e3209681a41

Thanks,
    Outlook for Mac team

3. Dual time zone

Allow views of dual time zones in the calendar view, similar to Outlook for PC.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news. Beginning in the March production release of Outlook for Mac (version 16.11), you can now view two time zones in the calendar grid. Go to Preferences > Calendar > Time zones to select the second time zone.

Note: this feature is available via Office 365 subscription license activation.

Please refer to the release notes article here:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-office-2016-for-mac-ed2da564-6d53-4542-9954-7e3209681a41

Thanks,
    Outlook for Mac team

4. Add favorites section.

I use a lot of Outlook rules to have mail "Skip my inbox" and go directly to another folder. In outlook 2013 for PC, I can easily keep track of incoming mail to those folders by populating the "FAVORITES" section with each of those sub-folders. In Outlook 2016 for Mac, I have to make sure my ENTIRE folder structure is expanded and constantly scroll through it to make sure I haven't missed anything. Please add the "Favorites" feature as it's one of the only things keeping me from being productive.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. favourites

I want to see favourites on my mac the same as on my pc. I have many email accounts and i want to choose what/how many i see by default. Seeing all inboxes is really distracting for me now on mac 2016.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Format Painter

I'd like to dedicate my Outlook for Mac - buisness votes to this feature also detailed here https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/14894964-format-painter

As the support page FAQ says, it is not yet available. https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Format-email-messages-in-Outlook-2016-for-Mac-cb35806b-4174-41d2-9cba-b6b624d988b3?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB

Having just transitioned to mac from windows I think this is the thing a actually miss most. So many valuable minutes wasted trying to match fonts.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for 0365 groups

Please add support for Office365 groups to Outlook 2016 for Mac desktop client. This functionality has existed in Windows since Outlook 2013 and the Office 365 Groups app has been available for iOS for a while now.
    please add this to Outlook for Mac!

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add shortcuts on top of folders' list

Add the most used and favorite folders on top of the folder list in mail pane

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories