OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Prevent dark mode from changing colors in email messages.

I had sent a test email from Mailchimp that displayed colors that upon viewing in dark mode had changed from what I had originally selected in my browser. Outlook 16.27 on OS X 10.14.5

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions), for Mac

Have Outlook added to the 'share' menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's time-consuming, and annoying to constantly have to drag files to Outlook — as opposed to being able to sending them via Outlook under the 'share' option. This is a must for businesses, that email a lot of attachments. Thanks.

677 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add Quick Look and Spotlight support to Outlook.

Messages in Outlook show up in Spotlight searches as Outlook files without content previews. Viewing Outlook messages in Spotlight should be as easy as previewing other file types (including Word and PowerPoint docs).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow sort options to be set per folder instead of for all folders

I would like to be able to keep the Group by Category option set on my Inbox, but for Sent items, I would like it to always sort by Date Sent. I think this feature may have been lost in a recent update.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Outlook mail seacrch

Having recently moved to MAC ..... I find the search capability on Outlook mail very frustrating. Simpl things like on a PC .. I could click on 'from column .... type ..Joh and it will sort tos how all mails from name - John On a Mac is ai type Joh ... only last letter is used ... and will sort to fhow 'h'
    Compounded by very poor seach in teh search bar ..... it is very unreliable seach .... and does not seem to support 'Adv' search options as on PC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Outlook 365 for Mac

As it stands, any Mac user with Catalina operating systems are unable to mark incoming emails (in shared email accounts) as spam or as well as Blocking senders. It works fine on a Windows operating system however not at all on a Mac. Junk options are greyed out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Outlook users to edit Teams meeting details before invite is sent

Unlike Outlook on Windows, Mac users cannot edit the Teams meeting details before the invite is sent. This means you cannot add additional international dial in numbers to the invite which is very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a secondary column sort to Outlook for Mac.

I need the ability to sort first by one column in my outlook (let's say "From") and then sort the "date sent" column too. It doesn't help to find a whole string of emails from myself that I've saved in a folder, but then have them appear in a date order that I can't see the rationale behind at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide UNDO for Archive or Delete actions on message windows

Given that:
    1- By design, each window will have its own Undo list
    2- Opening a message on a separate window and then clicking the Archive or Delete ribbon buttons on the message window, will Archive (or Delete) the message and close the window.

Result: Because the message window is closed when the action is executed, there is no way to UNDO the Archive and Delete actions when the message was opened on a separate message window.

Suggestion: on these cases, include the ability to undo the Archive and Delete actions on the parent window (the window where the message…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be very useful if you can add a reminder based on a calendar sheet instead of showing the date and time.

It would be very useful if you can add a reminder based on a calendar sheet instead of showing the date and time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. search

Please reinstate the quick refinements for "from:", "to:" and "contains:" to be added to keywords entered into the search box in Outlook for Mac 2016.

The new predictive algorithm and search suggestions don't work for me at all – sometimes I need to find emails "from X", sometimes I need the ones sent "to X" and sometimes I want emails that "contain X" where X is a person's name, a company, or a product.

The previous refinements made it fast to find emails and switch the filtering. The new way involves multiple clicks, or setting up saved searches – it's so much…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add facility to print entire email chain

Add the Outlook for PC facility to print an entire email chain to Outlook for Mac

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Be able to create personal notes within an email

It would be nice to be able to create notes within an email for personal use/reminder.

The idea is to have an Icon next to the other Trash, Archive and Flag Icons.
    When you click on Notes Icon it pops up and you can make notes or see your notes about that email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it easy to block junk

Spammers change the user name and keep sending junk from the same same domain. To stop spam one needs to block the entire domain. Currently, the process is:

1. copy the email address
    2. go to settings
    3. go to view more
    4. go to block sender

Step one is difficult.

The easy solution is to:

From the Junk dropdown menu replace "Block" with:
    Block user
    Block domain

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Request to change password for Mac Clients on O365 Admin center

Please improve password sync time between O365 and Mac Outlook client. It is taking almost 1 hour for when a user has requested to change a password on Outlok (Mac), and when I change it on O365 Admin Center, it takes almost 1 hour for Outlook to prompt the user to change his/her password. Windows clients do not experience this as when a request to have password change is made, it is immediate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display the correct symbol for signed and encrypted mails

Currently all e-mails which are signed, encrypted or signed+encrypted have the lock symbol in the 'attachement' column. Furthermore when writing a new e-mail and select the option to sign the message a notification bar shows up between the subject and the text showing a lock symbol.
    This might be missleading for the user and she might think that the content of a signed e-mail gets encrypted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keep email highlighted in the email overview after following a link in the email

When I select an e-mail in my inbox, it opens in the preview pane. As soon as I follow a link in that e-mail, the e-mail isn't highlighted anymore.

I expect the email currently in the preview pane to stay highlighted.

Specs:
    Microsoft Outlook for Mac
    version 16.28
    Office 365 subscription
    Dark mode :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to print attached images with the mail

In the print options it would be very useful to add an option to choose to print attached images with it's email.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reduce the "You replied to this message on MM/DD/YY, HH:MM AM to a single line

Currently, every time an email is replied to, a new "You replied to this message..." bar is added to the top of the email. I would request that since the ability to see the conversation history is easily accessible, this be limited to the most recent email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. conditional formatting

--> Outlook MAC Business

Please insert conditional formatting. I would like to change the preview text of an e-mail if an e-mail has been assigned to a category

Greetz Bernd

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business