OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. search top

Move search bar within Outlook back to its old location. The new location of the search bar is inconvenient and not intuitive, the search field should be closer to the emails themselves instead of excommunicated to the blue bar at the top of the netherworld. Not sure why anyone thought that would be a good idea or that anyone would have asked for that. Please move it back within the body of Outlook so it is closer to the email content that needs to be searched.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar and task-list in main-screen of outlook

At the moment calendar and task-list just can be used in separate screens. It would be very useful to implement both features (calendar & task-list) in the main screen of outlook, where mail view and folder structure is located. Windows-version of outlook already delivers this function by a so called "popup"-function, so please make it possible for mac-users, too. thanks.

270 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it easy to block junk

Spammers change the user name and keep sending junk from the same same domain. To stop spam one needs to block the entire domain. Currently, the process is:

1. copy the email address

2. go to settings

3. go to view more

4. go to block sender

Step one is difficult.

The easy solution is to:

From the Junk dropdown menu replace "Block" with:
    Block user
    Block domain

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Prevent dark mode from changing colors in email messages.

I had sent a test email from Mailchimp that displayed colors that upon viewing in dark mode had changed from what I had originally selected in my browser. Outlook 16.27 on OS X 10.14.5

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix direct entry of appointments in calendars

It used to be possible to drag a time range in a calendar, and then type in the title of the appointment right there. Now, after dragging the time range, it just says 'New Appointment', and I have to double-click to open the entry and add a title.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add Quick Look and Spotlight support to Outlook.

Messages in Outlook show up in Spotlight searches as Outlook files without content previews. Viewing Outlook messages in Spotlight should be as easy as previewing other file types (including Word and PowerPoint docs).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions), for Mac

Have Outlook added to the 'share' menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's time-consuming, and annoying to constantly have to drag files to Outlook — as opposed to being able to sending them via Outlook under the 'share' option. This is a must for businesses, that email a lot of attachments. Thanks.

699 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "Join" button for well-known conference services

My meetings are generally on Skype for Business, Teams, GoToMeeting, WebEx, and Zoom. Very often, the URL is embedded within the notes portion of the meeting invitation.

If the meeting is for Skype or Teams, there's a "Join" button in the reminders window and also when I click on the meeting in the calendar. It would be nice if Outlook would recognize other well-known meeting services and do the same so that I don't have to open up the meeting invitation to get to the link.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow opening multiple Outlook instances (e.g. one screen with Calendar, second with mailbox)

Back on Windows I always had two Outlook Windows open - one with mailbox, the second with calendar. Was really practical to be able to scroll through the calendar when writing an email and looking for possible slots to suggest a meeting/phone call/ etc. On Mac this does not seem possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tally number of accepts, denies, etc on meeting invites

In Windows Outlook, as a meeting organizer, you can open the appointment and see the total number of accepts, denies, tentatives and no responses. This is extremely useful for anyone organizing a work event and needing a head count.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix Dark Mode to include the message preview

Just like the topic says. Make dark mode include the message preview pane. The main interface is nice but the dark mode being there then contrasting with a bright white message preview really hurts the eyes.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Consistent naming across platforms and products

You've just changed the name of Trash in Outlook Mac to Rubbish but it's called Deleted Items via the portal. In some apps you call Teams, Groups and so it goes on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Block Drag & Drop of Emails from Outlook to Mac

For PC's, GPOs are available to restrict certain settings to block drag and drop of emails from Outlook to the desktop or network shares. No such setting exists for Mac users. While Microsoft has blocked the ability to export PSTs, this still leaves open a security hole where users can simply drag emails outside of their mailbox. Requesting the ability to block this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sensitivity Labels in New Outlook for Mac

The new Outlook for Mac has Sensitivity label greyed out whereas the current Outlook for Mac has them available. When can we have Sensitivity labels working in the new Outlook for Mac?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Recurring series at non-regular intervals

Allow us to create events that are linked the same way that a recurring series is, but do not re-occur at regular intervals. For example, I'd like to be able to create three linked events where the first two occur on the third Friday of the month, but the last one occurs on the second Friday of the month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dual alarm

Two alarms,
    For early morning meetings, it would be great to set an alarm for the afternoon/evening before, and then have a second alarm go off in the morning. This would also help for full day settings (example - birthday reminder a week before, then one the morning of).
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include the folder names in the reading pane

With mails showed as conversation or when I have the result of a search, I would like to see in which folder each message is stored directly in the reading pane.
    I know that it is possible to see the folder name in the window title when the message is opened in a window, but this is not so practical.
    Also, the functionality is available opening Outlook on the web, so why not to include it in Outlook for Mac? Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option drag to create duplicate item

I believe I used to be able to hold option down, drag an event and it would create a duplicate. When I do it now in the "New" Outlook, it changes the mouse icon to include the "+" symbol, but it only moves the event - it doesn't duplicate it. In email, it tries to move the email, rather than duplicating it. I want a duplicate of the event/email, not the selected object moved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Accounts: advanced options

In the "Old" Outlook preferences -> Accounts, there's an "Advanced..." option to be able to go in and make some changes to the account. This is no longer available in the "New" Outlook. It should still be available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Import/Export folders and subfolders

I really need to export/import folders and subfolders. This enables me to prune folders by archiving them--and then restoring archived folder if I need them. Have had this capability in outlook in previous version, but not now. This seems to be a regression bug.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories