OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow customization of fonts for all items (labels, text, window titles, etc.

Outlook for Mac uses some kind of default font size and in the laptops this becomes unreadable. In windows, one can customize every single font. Please allow this! The lack of this customization makes the use of Outlook excruciating for people with poor eyesight.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend the contact recommendation overlay

Whenever I choose the recipients for my mails or events in outlook for mac I cannot see the end of the address. The overlay showing relevant contacts cuts of the recommendations to early so that I cannot see the toplevel domain.
    Since out company has divided mail accounts and calendar accounts it is really hard to find the right recipient (either @example.de or @example.biz) on modern screens it shouldn't be a problem to show the whole address.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integrate with Time Machine

Please add integration for Time Machine Backups. Having the ability to restore mails by just clicking on Time Machine would be a major win. Standard Apple Mail provides the ability to navigate through the mails and restore lost or deleted mails within program window, but unfortunately Outlook does not have this feature at the moment.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Way to laggy

This is way to laggy compared to the MAC 2016 version. Connection to Gmail is very slow.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to disable 'glide' cursor animation

Allow users to disable 'glide' cursor animation

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a Button in the Error Window to Open an Item that won't Sync

When a local item fails to synchronize properly against Exchange in Outlook for Mac, please add a button to open the offending item directly so it can be fixed. This helps tremendously when a single item in a thread of items with the same name (e.g. a long email thread) and searching for the broken item is very difficult.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Re-instate the "Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts" preference that was removed in July 2017 Update of Office

In the July 2017 update of Office 2016, you removed the item:

Preferences \ Personal \ General \ Folder List \ Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts.

Now we have mailboxes organized like:
    Office365account1
    \Inbox
    \Sent
    \Junk
    \Trash

Office365account2
    \Inbox
    \Sent
    \Junk
    \Trash

What we had before was the option to have:
    Inbox
    \Office365account1 (which shows the inbox for that account
    \Office365account2 (which shows the inbox for that account
    \SomeIMAPaccount1 (which shows the inbox for that account.

Here is the official Outlook for 2016 documentation which shows how to turn this feature on and off.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Show-separate-inboxes-for-each-account-in-Outlook-2016-for-Mac-08c2cdcd-ca01-4438-84f7-696eb27d8cb0

Here…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Synch gsuite with outlook on Mac. Cannot get the Contacts or Calendar to synch

Have just bought Office 2016 to run on my new Mac and frustrated that you cannot synchronise the Contacts or the Calendar with my gsuite like I can on a Microsoft computer. Can you help please

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix multiple Main Window issue - broke around June 2017

Until recently, you could have two "Main Windows" open (File > New > Main Window) and use one window for Mail and the other for Calendar. This was great for me on my dual monitors, as I could have one window on each monitor.

This ability broke in the last couple of versions on the "Slow" development track, I think around the time of the June 2017 Slow Build release. The second window will still open, but you lose function and/or display information. For example, you can click in an email thread but the mail display will not update, or…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable account setup via plist or answer file

Autodiscover doesn't work in all environments. Enable administrators to automatically configure Outlook Exchange accounts via plist or answer file. Ideally, the plist would be in a managed preference location for use with a configuration profile and MDM.

Most prevalent automatic setup relies on an AppleScripted solution that runs the first time a user launches Outlook. It's complicated with several parts that can go wrong. And it's not a Microsoft solution.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Contact Colours

I suggest that you should be able to change the colour of the circle that surrounds a contacts (or your own) initials that appear on e-mails. Could be very helpful for sorting or just a quick glance at e-mails etc. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove double-Esc shortcut from Mac

As a Vim user I have a habit of tapping Esc twice even when unnecessary. However, on Outlook for Mac this takes the app out of full-screen. No other Mac application I know does this, and it's rather distracting to have Outlook suddenly exit full-screen, so I'd like to see it removed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow granular whitelisting of domains for automatic picture downloads in HTML emails

The only options available for "Automatically download pictures from the internet" are "In all messages", "In messages from my contacts", and "Never".

We'd like to granularly specify what email domains are automatically whitelisted for downloading pictures in HTML emails automatically, so that we could allow all internal email accounts to use this feature, but block it from external ones.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When dragging a message to a folder, enable auto-scrolling of the folders list

My folder list is longer than the window size I use. Prior to version 15.36, when I dragged a message to the folder list, I could get the list to auto-scroll up or down simply by dragging to the "edge". This behavior is no longer present in 15.36

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate SharePoint Online Data with Outlook Customer Manager

As we utilize SharePoint Online to store our client contacts, it would be extremely helpful if there was a way to bring this existing data into the Outlook Customer Manager where we can view and edit it right in the context of Outlook.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. external

Include the same warning banner that the Windows client does when e-mailing external recipients (e.g. "N recipients are outside of your organization")

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add support for SSO with ADFS

Add the ability for Outlook for Mac to use SSO with ADFS and other 3rd party federation providers using modern authentication, as it does with windows outlook 2016

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Send when Connected

The windows client has an option to "send immediately when connected" - I've discovered several people, mostly executive or customer facing teams, were using this in Windows to queue up emails to be sent, then make any last minute changes if needed. They would then use the ribbon button "Send All" to send all emails waiting in the Outbox.

This would be a great feature to have in Mac Client to prepare, and send emails and have them ready to go when I choose, instead of saving them all as Drafts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop asking if I want to turn off absent notifications

Whenever I have out of office turned on and I open Outlook, I get asked if I want to turn off out of office. No, I don't. And I would really love Outlook to stop asking everytime.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Accept/Decline Invitations from Mac Touchbar

Present Accept/Decline button on the Touchbar when you receive an appointment in your inbox.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base