OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Restore AppleScript support for third party apps

Because of the current implementation of sandboxing, third party apps can no longer interact with Outlook (I'm thinking about SpamSieve, but it applies to a number of apps).
    There are ways around that and I would love the future versions of Outlook to allow AppleScript from third party apps again.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Scroll bar spacing vs message list (mac)

Change the spacing in the message scroll bar (mac). Everytime I try to flag/unflag an item it hits the scroll bar.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have parity between Office for Mac for 2015/2016 and Office 365 for Mac

there are so many features that are not allowed or permitted unless you have a subscription with 365, please note that for a business user it was the same product at point of purchase. its bad customer experience to reach out to support and be told everytime that x,y, or z comes only with subscription. i have 2 licenses i dont need as it seems that you have created artifical barriers to customers utilising the suite tool fully. It also sad to note that your skype for business mac is poor version of other variants. This whole office for mac…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Office apps shouldn't switch to discrete GPU

A recent build of Office has resulted in all Office apps using my MacBook Pro (2017)'s discrete GPU rather than relying on the integrated graphics controller. This results in dramatically reduced battery.

Instead, Office apps should once again only rely on integrated GPU unless certain intensive processes need to leverage dedicated GPU and then release it when complete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give an indication of the order of updates. If Mac OS has a security update and Office for Mac has updates. Do the OS upgrade FIRST..

The Office for Mac update description in the Office for Mac should draw attention to the possibility of corrupting the SQL Lite data base if the Office updates are performed prior to a Mac OS Security (or Other?) update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow switching off dock bounce notifications for autoupdate

Microsoft autoupdate bounces the dock icon on Mac for no reason, usually after downloading one update while there are still others to install. This is annoying and extremely distracting when using virtual desktops. This is a common issue and reported by multiple users on MS forums.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop letting AppleScript support stagnate

For some time now, AppleScript support in Outlook has stagnated or even been cut back. This has resulted in a) a loss of functionality that existed in previous versions, see:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/9531960-bring-back-applescript-support

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/15175179-re-add-scripting-functionality-to-set-font-type-an

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/10015827-restore-run-script-functionality-in-rules-so-i-can

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business/suggestions/32440183-allow-rules-to-run-applescripts

It's also caused the Automation in outlook to stagnate for a number of user needs:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business/suggestions/17559454-add-find-message-by-rfc-2822-messageid-header-to-a

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/10943877-allow-autodiscover-redirections-to-be-set-using-ap

• the ability to script pasting clipboard data into an outgoing message at the current cursor position

• being able to take an attachment from one message and make it an attachment to a new outgoing message

• There's a bug with regard to forwarding emails via scripts where you can't create…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quitting at password prompt

Add the ability to quit while the password prompt is up. Those of use using hardware keys have to quit and restart outlook when logged out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Address Book Print Out condensed like a phone book page

I was surprised to see that custom views has not been implemented since 2016? Old Outlook for PC allows for telephone book style address list printout. This is 267 pages for address book compared to 34 pages column style to print 1800 addresses. Let's prove that MAC programs can work just as well as PC. PLEASE!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mac - Outlook share extension

I would to see the Outlook share available on Mac via the extensions under system preferences or at least some Services, to send email, move to draft, save to [folder] etc. Fingers crossed!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Accessibility options for visually impaired users

Add options for changing the colors to help visually impaired (but not blind) users. Referring to:
    1. Allow the selected email to be highlighted in different shades of blue.
    2. Allow to add a background for the icons on the ribbon
    3. Allow changing the size of the icons in the ribbon

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need an option to turn off the Sync Status pop-up

When archiving mail items to the online archive, the "Sync Status" window pops up every time, and takes the main focus of the Outlook application. Then you need to click back into Outlook to continue working. Since you can only archive one mail item at a time to the online folders, this becomes quite tedious to have to constantly close or switch off the sync status pop-up window.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SSO for multiple accounts should be labeled

I use Outlook with Office 365 and have multiple work accounts on my computer. Occasionally, when I launch Outlook an authentication window from my institution pops up--however, I have no idea which of my multiple accounts it wants me to authenticate for. I have to go through a trial-and-error process and launch/re-launch Outlook multiple times in order to re-authenticate all my accounts.

It would be great if those authentication windows could somehow indicate (maybe in the title bar of the window?) which account needs to have its authentication updated. Thanks for considering!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Permit font scaling in all applications, for visual impairment and for presentations.

I would like to display text larger so I can read it more easily. Similarly, I would like to display text larger when I give a presentation that happens to show applications like Outlook and Skype for Business.

This is not a request to use a larger font -- The recipient complains when I send text large enough that I can read it comfortably. I want to scale it just on my end.

Sure, I can use macOS's scaling feature but that's inconvenient. Imagine using a terminal that way, squinting with my nose against the screen while switching back and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove the "Please upgrade the Outlook database" dialog

On first launch after some to many updates, users are advised to "Please upgrade the Outlook database" with text about how long it could take.

Most users don't know what to do with this info.
    It's not an option to never upgrade
    I've never seen it take more than 5 seconds.

It will be a better user experience to simply upgrade. It's a non-issue on modern flash storage, and those with ancient rust are used to things being slow. At worst, a dialog that boils down to "hang tight while we do the needful after the upgrade" while it happens…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make the google integration work in any form. It is unusable as is.

Google apps for business are a major player and outlooks support is terrible. So many features not working I could not list them. Please improve

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. fix Skype for Business

I used to be able to enter my credentials into Sync for Exchange and my meetings would show. Now we are using OKTA and it comes uip with a screen to log in and authenticate, it does its thing but eventually goes bafurck to the enter credentials again in a very fustrating loop

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow "Store" access for non O365 users

I want access to apps or "store" but I am not using an O365 account for Outlook. Today you must be O365 account to use add-ins. I have a Microsoft account/login using this email address so I think I should be allowed to log into my Microsoft account and "install" add-ins to Outlook for Mac. Please fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base