OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. CTK Support

Outlook currently only supports smart card authentication when using legacy frameworks that are not included in macOS. This requires use of third-party software in order to authenticate to a mail server using a client certificate from a smart card. Apple is now including smart card support in macOS with CryptoTokenKit (CTK). Microsoft Outlook should include support for CTK to allow use of smart cards for authentication without the need for third party software.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distribution groups

Please make viewing distribution groups members possible from the address book for Mac users. Please also make viewing what distribution groups a person is a part of possible.

235 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add ability to disable or customize toolbar

As of 15.34 (170330) this is still not implemented. We NEED to be able to customize touchbar otherwise we cannot use Outlook as our email client. Emails are legal documents for many businesses and it's simply too easy to send emails prematurely with the send button in the touchbar. Thanks.

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Voting Support

Enable voting functionality for feature parity with Outlook Windows.

217 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Drag and Drop Items in Fullscreen

When in the full screen view of outlook, and you have an email open, you can't drag an attachment, or another email message, into the message you are composing.

You have no trouble doing the the PC version of Outlook.

The only work around is to close full screen view, drag the message you are composing to one side of the screen and the main outlook window to the other side, then drag and drop whatever attachments or messages into the message you are composing.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow preference be set to 'keep source formatting' when pasting

Presently copy/ paste replaces formatting with the destination styles. It would be very useful to be able to select 'keep source' as the default rather than the other way around.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Office 2016 for Mac to pass your enterprise login credentials from the OS of the Mac to Outlook 2016 for Mac client.

I would like to know more about the inability to pass your enterprise login credentials from the OS of the Mac to the Outlook 2016 for Mac client. Specifically, can this be done? If so, how? If not, why not? This functionality exists for Windows and the related version of Office 2016 for Windows. When using this combination of software my enterprise login credentials are passed thru to Outlook. When I change my password the updated password is automatically passed thru to Outlook for Windows. When I change my password on my Mac the Outlook for Mac client prompts me…

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow user to turn off "Auto-select entire word"

Since all other MS Office applications enable the auto-word-selection to be turned off, it's strange that Outlook doesn't. It's also a big annoyance for me to not be able to select precisely what I want.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. And Or when building a search

Allow AND, OR when building a search with multiple variables. Currently I cannot have a Smart Folder that searches a specific email address and anything with a specific category, it currently returns specific emails that have the specific category.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhance synchronisation messages to identify the object in question that is causing the error

Please enhance the message when there are synchronisation errors to identify the specific item that is causing the error. Recently I saw an error message indication (warning triangle) which when I click on it tells me that there have been multiple synchronisation errors with text "Could not synchronize record: to Exchange server: <my org>", With detail text "The message exceeds the maximum supported size., Cannot save changes made to an item to store." and error code -19738. The problem is I have no idea WHAT record or records are causing the problem. Is it an incoming message, calendar event??? what…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to move Outlook Profile folders to different drive

Allow the move of Outlook Profile folders to different drive. This will enable Mac's with smaller drives to move Outlook folders to a SDXC drive to make space on internal drive.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Don't pass focus to Reminders window.

I'm a big hotkey user, and will open a small group of Outlook items (emails, tasks, etc.) at a time, and then Cmd+W to close them as I'm done with each, but the little reminder window in the corner generally gets the focus as any window is closed, which is a problem because it's not a flashy or central window, so I don't often notice that the front-and-center window I'm reading lacks OS focus. So when I hit cmd+W again to close the email I just read, I get an alert in the corner asking me if I want to…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support EAS and EWS for the next version

Currently Outlook 2016 only supports EWS which makes it difficult to connect to any other mail server other than Exchange.
    Customers using Novell Groupwise or Other mail servers that require EAS (Exchange Active Sync ) cannot use Outlook

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Outlook macOS - Improvements (ViewPorts & Functionality)

MainView (Inbox)

• implement right sidebar as like in Windows Version with mini calendar and appointments for quick overview

Calendar

• enable more than 3 calendars in Columnview (for powerusers it would be nice to have at least 7 calendars in columnview side by side to organize events and appointments, e.g. across conference rooms.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have separate windows

In the Windows version of Outlook, you can have a separate window for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, etc. In Outlook for Mac, all these functions are within the same window. I suggest you provide this capability to the Mac version. This will prevent users from having to switch back and forth in the same window for data that may be needed for other parts of the application.

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Publish to GAL - enable on Mac Office

Windows allows Outlook users to "Publish to GAL" their SMIME certs - please bring this capability to Mac Office so that users don't have to spin up a Windows VM to send their cert into the GAL.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically add "Delegate" mailboxes

In Outlook for PC, if I am added as a delegate in Office 365 to someone's account, that mailbox and calendar AUTOMATICALLY populates into my outlook. On mac, not only do i have to manually add them, but if the user is a PAST employee that i am managing the account for a period of time, I have to leave them visible in the GAL in order to add them as a delegate. On outlook for PC, past employees can be shared and hidden from the GAL but still appear in outlook.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix multilevel sorting in contacts

In outlook for Windows, contacts can be sort in two steps:
    first by category
    second by last name.

With this the contacts are still in alphabetical order but first in categories like "Provider", "Personal" etc.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Addins or plugins

A critical function of plugins is missting from the Mac version of Outlook. This affects the ability to do a lot of things like voice mail, box, Google Drive, or any other productivity tie-in that could make productivity better.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base