OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Fix Dark Mode to include the message preview

Just like the topic says. Make dark mode include the message preview pane. The main interface is nice but the dark mode being there then contrasting with a bright white message preview really hurts the eyes.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Category

Category - When selecting a "Category" from the drop down menu in the task bar, it used to display the last used (5) at the top of the drop down menu. This made selecting commonly used category's faster. Currently we may have a Category starting with the letter "R" which means we have to scroll all the way down to the near the bottom of the list. My suggestion is to be able to type in the first letter of our Category once we have clicked on the drop down menu, this would then take us to the alphabet area…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add buttons to new email notifications.

Add "Delete" button to Notification similar to what Mac Mail has, for quick deletion. Archive button would also be useful..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I suggest you make the Mac version of Outlook allow the option to open the next message upon a delete or move.

I won't use Outlook on Mac because the feature to open the next message upon a delete or move that I've used in Outlook for years is missing on the Mac. The Windows version has the ability to set what action is performed upon a message delete or move. Mac just moves the message or deletes it and the message stays on the screen. This is very annoying and I won't use the Mac versions of Microsoft. It's amazing to me that this was omitted on the Mac. I see 1000's of posts for people using this feature. Seems pretty…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recoverable Items support

It would be nice to be able to access the recoverable items folder from the Outlook for Mac client. This feature is available in the Windows and web clients.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/policy-and-compliance/recoverable-items-folder/recoverable-items-folder?view=exchserver-2019

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. groups te

When can I see all my groups as it displays only the 10 most active groups on the Mac versions of Outlook? Since 2016 you promised all groups would be visible in a future update ... so when is that?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add support for iCloud Calendar and iClou contacts to Outlook for MacOS

Please make it possible to use Oulook for MacOS with iCloud contacts and calendar. It should be possible by adding support for CalDAV and CardDAV.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customize mac touchbar

Allow modification of the Mac touchbar to features the user uses vs what is static currently, leaving the functionality not as useful as it otherwise would be.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. What is the best solution for EML files to MSG files Conversion?

I want to know about Thunderbird files to Outlook MSG Converter softwar by which , I can easily and quickly Migrate EML to MSG formats within few clicks.?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New icon is great, but looks terrible in the Dock.

The new Outlook icon is really nice, but it looks like a jumbled mess in the Dock. Looks squished with no distinction between the parts of it, and it's too small. I'd post a screenshot if it were possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring back Categories with Gmail/IMAP even if categories don't exist in Gmail/IMAP, just skip this attribute when syncing.

If Outlook is the main tool (don't like Gmail interface, to be honest), it doesn't matter if some features are only available in Outlook Client, the Web Client is only used for contingency.
    Make the categories available again for Outlook for Mac with Gmail (and probably other IMAP) accounts, please.
    At least for the calendar, Gmail has a color option for calendar, this at least could synchronized (mapped, if color don't match, no problem).
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to categorize emails

Please put the ability to put format rules on messages ( would like to color /categorize them in view based on priority per the rule)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest you offer available meeting slots to include in an email.

As on Outlook iOS App please let me quickly select available meeting slots when scheduling a meeting with an external person.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Regular reoccurring out of office

Add a function where out of office can be turned on for reoccurring days. ie when part time workers are regularly out of the office on the same days each week.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide feature (that Windows has) to turn off Auto-Complete List

Users receive notifications from SharePoint that are from no-reply@sharepoint.... Since Mac users don't have a Preference as Windows does to 'Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names....', that address is automatically added to their cache (e.g. Joe_Smith <no-reply@sharepoint....> When the user then starts to send an email to Joe Smith, both the legitimate address as well as the noreply one are suggested and if they're not careful/don't remove the "bogus" one from their cache, it tries to send to that address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More prominent out of office reminder

On Outlook for windows, when out of office messages are enabled a bar appears across the top of the inbox reminding that they are enabled. On a Mac this doesn't happen. I rarely shut down my computer or quit Outlook, so I often end up forgetting I've left OoO messages on until a colleague reminds me! Appreciate there's a notification when starting Outlook, but this doesn't help me!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. force click

Support MacOS's native ability to Force Click on a word and perform a dictionary lookup.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't change the size of text when I mouse over it

There is a very distracting animation when I mouse over certain parts of the ribbon, like the "HOME", "ORGANIZE" and "TOOLS" menus. Animating text is somewhat disruptive and doesn't help the UI experience

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd like to see a "Translate" feature built into Outlook mail / Calendar

When I get an email from an international colleague, I have to manually translate using a translation service. In Word and Excel there are translate features built right in to the desktop applications. Could an translation feature be baked into the Outlook client? It would be important for business adoption to not log all the contents of mail messages being translated.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base