OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. End appointments and meetings early (25-minute meetings)

Allow Office for Mac users to set the default meeting duration to end early, i.e. 25 min for 30 minute meetings and 10 minutes less for 1+ hour meetings.

This feature is already supported on Windows client and on GSuite.

466 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. calendar

Separate the calendar function into a separate app so we can see our calendar side by side with our email, or just open one or the other. Often, I want my calendar open but not my email to minimize distractions.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add a recurring for "Fifth" option.

You have the option to recur monthly on the first, second, third, fourth and last [Monday, Tuesday, etc.], but some months have 5 Monday, Tuesday, etc. Selecting last may put it on the 4th which may not be correct. I use the outlook calendar for my boss so they have access to their schedules from their phones when there aren't near a computer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show invitation sent time in calendar invitation

If you are viewing your calendar it shows all items in the view, including those that are received in your inbox, but not responded to. And they all appear as tentative in the view. But if you open them from the calendar you have no way to know when they were sent. That is the invitation sent time is not part of the view.

But that means if I have multiple overlapping invitations and I want to fair and accept the first one I cannot work out which it is except by manually going through my Inbox to find it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add room to someone else's meeting

I would like to be able to add a room onto a meeting that was created by someone else. It would be useful when a client invite us at a meeting and we have to regroup in a meeting room.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the dial-in number easier to find

The dial in number for Teams meetings are not in the quick-look for either the MAC client or the iOS client. Please add it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. End the terrible experience of pushing Outlook to the foreground when you dismiss a reminder. This is an AWFUL experience.

Click "dismiss" and continue working in the same application I was using before Outlook took over. If I do this, then I have been reminded. Unlike today, where I dismiss a reminder, Outlook moves to the foreground (for some unknown reason), and I must move it to get back to my work.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Calendar notification smaller

The calendar notifications are painful to work around due to their large size, which cannot be made smaller. The meeting/appointment name text size is overly large and leads to not be able read much. Please decrease general text size, decrease window size to have a smaller hight. If possible the window to be almost transparent. Or enable settings in preference to choose between default or smaller, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let me cancel a date and keep it crossed or greyed out in my Calendar

It would help me to keep track with my postponed dates if I would be able to rightclick them as "Canceled" or similar.
    Or to be allowed to drag them (e.g. while hitting a button) and therby to copy them to a new time, keeping the original one as "Postponed"

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. reminder

In todays multi-monitor world, the popup dialog for reminders (calendar, tasks, mail reminders, etc) should keep it's state physically so that after dismissing a reminder, it pops up in the same location I put the window the last time. It's too hard to find when you have multiple windows open in multiple monitors.

This state should persist across application quit and system restart.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Calendar and task-list in main-screen of outlook

At the moment calendar and task-list just can be used in separate screens. It would be very useful to implement both features (calendar & task-list) in the main screen of outlook, where mail view and folder structure is located. Windows-version of outlook already delivers this function by a so called "popup"-function, so please make it possible for mac-users, too. thanks.

323 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Order by first name in Calendar

Please could we sort by first name in the shared calendars? It can be hard to remember everyone's surname. Would be helpful to have the option to do this

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix direct entry of appointments in calendars

It used to be possible to drag a time range in a calendar, and then type in the title of the appointment right there. Now, after dragging the time range, it just says 'New Appointment', and I have to double-click to open the entry and add a title.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tally number of accepts, denies, etc on meeting invites

In Windows Outlook, as a meeting organizer, you can open the appointment and see the total number of accepts, denies, tentatives and no responses. This is extremely useful for anyone organizing a work event and needing a head count.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add "Join" button for well-known conference services

My meetings are generally on Skype for Business, Teams, GoToMeeting, WebEx, and Zoom. Very often, the URL is embedded within the notes portion of the meeting invitation.

If the meeting is for Skype or Teams, there's a "Join" button in the reminders window and also when I click on the meeting in the calendar. It would be nice if Outlook would recognize other well-known meeting services and do the same so that I don't have to open up the meeting invitation to get to the link.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a calendar permission option for location only

Add an option in the calendar permissions so that others in your org and see the time and location where you're blocked but not the meeting title. The current option for location includes the meeting titles.

The purpose would be to allow others to see your location for scheduling meetings but still allows for some privacy. This is helpful for our org which frequently travels between meetings in 3 different buildings on campus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Calendar - does not auto-populate

On Outlook for PC .... when a Calendar invite arrives - it automatically puts a 'greyed out' copy into a calendar view. This feature is missing on a MAC .... which means it is easy to miss an invite when you have a busy inbox. It is a great feature of Outlook ..... should be there for a MAC

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hide all meetings on public or private holidays

On private or public holidays I am not in the office anyway, so it would be great if you could set it so that no appointments or notifications are displayed in the first place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recurring series at non-regular intervals

Allow us to create events that are linked the same way that a recurring series is, but do not re-occur at regular intervals. For example, I'd like to be able to create three linked events where the first two occur on the third Friday of the month, but the last one occurs on the second Friday of the month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dual alarm

Two alarms,
    For early morning meetings, it would be great to set an alarm for the afternoon/evening before, and then have a second alarm go off in the morning. This would also help for full day settings (example - birthday reminder a week before, then one the morning of).
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business