OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow email accounts to be reordered to my liking rather than having them in alphabetical order with no way to arrange them.

In outlook for windows you can drag and drop the email accounts to reorder them however you like. I would like to see this functionality in outlook for mac as well.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prioritize contacts in the directory over "contacts and recent addresses" when autocompleting email in address bar

It's annoying to see all random recent email contacts appear ahead of the contacts in my company directory when I start to type in an email address.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Direct action on notification

In the notification window displayed when we receive a new mail, please give the ability to : remove the email, mark the email with a flag, add to email to junk or move the email to "Others" or "Important".

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase the right edge padding to the same amount as the left edge so the text does not run right up against the scrollbar.

Currently, while typing a mail message (HTML format), the text flows almost all the way to the right edge of the window, right up against the scroll bar and it can be hard to see in order to fix any typos in that spot. There needs to be a larger padding programmed into that edge so that text wraps sooner and is more legible while typing.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Time Machine backups are very slow due to Outlook's file-distribution algorithm

Outlook stores new message or attachment files evenly across 256 different folders in the profile directory. This even-distribution algorithm unnecessarily slows down Time Machine backups and also hurts battery life. If instead Outlook stored messages and attachments in "batches", e.g. first 100 files in one folder, next 100 files in the next folder, and so on, then its Time Machine impact could likely be reduced over 90%. This could be a big improvement in backup times and battery usage for users with large mailboxes. Note that users with large mailboxes are often IT Pros and IT decisionmakers who control whether…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the Request Receipts Options for email permanent preference as in Windows

When sending an email I have to choose if I want to request a receipt (delivery and read receipt). There is no option to make this selection permanent for all emails as it is in windows

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. autocomplete email addresses

Outlook seems to autocomplete email addresses only from the address book. Complete from addresses in all mailboxes would make a great feature

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change shared calendars to not have to download the data (but in stead look directly to the server).

When opening a shared calendar it takes time to download the calendar. When adding more than approximately 8 calendars Outlook gets really slow. It would be nice if the shared calendars weren't downloaded, but in stead "look" directly to the server (in our case office365). This would speed up things a lot. To my knowledge this is the case in Outlook for Windows. The Online Archive in the mail section has a similar approach to my knowledge.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. organize folders

You need to be able to organize folders and move them around. I used outlook for my job when I had a windows computer, and now that I have a MAC it can only be organized alphabetically.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add pinch zoom or reader view to mail

Enable pinch-to-zoom support in mail preview pane and/or a Safari-like Reader view to get rid of small fonts or badly formatted HTML mails.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. direct replies

Support the "Direct Replies To" feature that Outlook on Windows does.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. search

Allow the main search bar to search across all folders, mailboxes, PST's, etc (like in the Windows version of Outlook

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Prevent dark mode from changing colors in email messages.

I had sent a test email from Mailchimp that displayed colors that upon viewing in dark mode had changed from what I had originally selected in my browser. Outlook 16.27 on OS X 10.14.5

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Text paste Outlook

Make it paste behavior in Outlook to whatever one wants especially "just keep text"

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a "Paste as Quote" or "Copy as Quote" feature

Sometimes we need to quote from one email to send to someone else. Give me an option to copy or paste as a quote so the quote indent and attribution follow the text, rather than trying to either make that manually, or to create a reply then copy that into a new message (eg when trying to collect separate quotes from separate responses into one message).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display message folder path

When searching all mail, it would be very helpful if selecting a message would display the complete folder path in the bottom bar of the window. This is especially useful for those of us who have dozens of nested folders in an account.

I believe this feature was present in Entourage (Office 2008), but was removed in later versions of Office.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add alerts in rules as in Outlook for windows

I suggest you to add alerts in rules as in Outlook for windows, to have the option to create an alert (like a pop up or play a sound) for a defined rule.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make the colored line of the category as in the previous version

Make the colored line of the category as in the previous version. In this way the categories are more visible. Now the categories are not visible.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add a progress bar or sending an

Add a progress bar for sending an email in outlook 2016 , this was present in outlook 2010 for mac but not in 2016 - helpful if sending lots of attachments and the email times out. On outlook 2016 a critical email may fail and I have no idea.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base