OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Bring back the display of to: cc: information

Outlook introduced the "less cluttered" email header display.
    Now, if you want to know if you are to: or cc: of an email, you have to click on show details.

IMHO, painful and inefficient... but some people may like it.

Suggestion: make the "compact display" optional/configurable or bring back the display of to: cc: by default.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlight emails based on internal or external addresses. Green for internal and red for external.

When sending emails its important to verify if the email is going to the correct recipient. While it's nice to view the names as FN LN in the TO: fields I have thousands of contacts and when sending sensitive information I end up viewing the properties of each to verify the email is going to the correct john smith and also verifying they are all internal recipients. It would be nice to have all internal recipients be highlighted in green and all external highlighted in red. perhaps other lists/categories can also be created to easily view recipients of different mail…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Columns and right reading pane

Please add the ability to view mail in columns while still having the reading pane to the right. This functionality works great on the Windows side, but I can't seem to figure out why it's only available with no reading pane, or when the reading pane is below the email...

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back flagged message highlights like iOS app

In the spring of 2016, you guys added flagged message highlighting which was phenomenal! Matched the feature present in the iOS app. And then sometime in August, you guys removed the feature. Please add it back in and make it optional for people to use!

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please support the Voting button in Outlook for Mac

We need option to insert voting options or to be able to respond to Voting options in Outlook for Mac

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Managing folders in Google Mail accounts

Unlike when using IMAP to access Google for Work mail accounts, when using the new native Google support, there are no options for creating, removing or renaming folders. I'd like to see full folder management - creating folders at any level, removing folders, renaming folders and moving folders around using drag-and-drop.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mac Outlook 2016: Email Notification for New Emails Filtered into Folders

Allow sounds and notifications for new mail that gets sorted to other folders. At least add the ability to make a sound under "Do the following:: when creating a rule as the past outlooks on windows did.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CardDAV Support

CardDAV Support

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it easy to block junk

Spammers change the user name and keep sending junk from the same same domain. To stop spam one needs to block the entire domain. Currently, the process is:

1. copy the email address

2. go to settings

3. go to view more

4. go to block sender

Step one is difficult.

The easy solution is to:

From the Junk dropdown menu replace "Block" with:
    Block user
    Block domain

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. option to disable automatic Alt Text for images

whenever I add an (inline) image to a message, outlook automatically generates Alt Text to helpfully describe this graphic. please provide a way to disable this. I share design visuals many times a day, and this description is almost never even close: eg a recent effort was tagged as being 'A parrot'. which it really wasnt

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. spell check

Add spell check for after hitting send - just like Outlook for PC has. I miss this feature!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show Sender's Address In Preview Pane

In the inbox, show the sender's email address if the sender is not in Contacts. So much mail is unsolicited from sales people. With Entourage, you can see the sender's address. This allows the recipient to see the part after the @ such as abcxyz.com, then check out that company before opening unsolicited mail. Otherwise, the recipient must open unsolicited mail to find out what it's about. At that point, a pixel is sent back to the sender, telling them they have a live, possibly interested fish on the line, which results in a continuous flow of mail from that…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically change incoming message colors and fonts based on sender, subject or recipient for Outlook 2016 for Mac

I'm having the problem in my company that people aren't reading the emails from me. It was suggested that we set me up on everyone's computer with a different color than black so it stands out more in the inbox. I figured out how to do this with the Window's PC's but not the Macs using Outlook. I'd really like this to be an added feature. Thanks!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Default font formating for emails

Enable the user to set defaults for the font type, paragraph, color, etc for outgoing new, and replied to emails.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send desktop notifications for folders other than inbox

E.g. KMail allows user to set up each folder (not just Inbox) such that new messages are "acted upon", meaning that desktop notifications will be shown for them. It is a surprising that expensive enterprise product such as MS Office does not have that feature...

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ALIAS Selection in FROM Field

Ability to choose your applicable alias in the FROM Field. Currently we have to create multiple shared mailboxes for each user's multiple domain aliases which is a costly workaround in O365.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow a default setting to show details in the email recipient field

In the new version of Outlook for Mac, the email header fields are condensed and you see the list of recipients as a list. In order to see who the email was sent to, you have to click "Show Details". I have yet to find where I can set it to "Show Details" as default.

I feel that most people in a professional setting will want to know whether the email they are reading was intended for them or if they are just copied. If it's an option for default, those who don't need that detail can still have the…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders

Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders, the same way it shows up for all other folders. The use case here is that I've created smart folders for mail in my Inbox that is from key people (one smart folder per person) that I need to prioritize. When new mail arrives from one of those people, I need a visual queue that a new message has arrived from that person.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add folder clean up functionality from Windows Outlook to Mac Outlook

Add folder clean up functionality from Windows Outlook to Mac Outlook.

Folder Clean-up in Windows Outlook is wonderful. I'd like to see it in the Mac version

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 'new folder'

Allow add/delete/rename of Folders in Ooutlook for Mac connected to Gmail

19 votes
    Vote