OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Provide the ability to export emails to a common format (CSV, JSON XML etc)

Outlook Mac only allows you to export emails to another .olm file which is useless then you need to move the data to different applications. Please provide the above option, even if it excludes attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Active Connection Status

Sometimes connection fails because you pop a browser window under a bunch of other windows. Don't do that, obviously. But if you just can't figure out how to fix that, then make the connection status tell the user why Outlook is not connected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Asignments

Please allow Mac to take and give asignments, as in PC version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make standard offer/ deal tekst template in Outlook Customer Manager. With this template its easier to make offers to customers

Make standard offer/ deal tekst template in Outlook Customer Manager. With this template its easier to make offers to customers and if controllable e.g. the agenda you never lose control. It would be nice when there are flags, due date etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Electronic business card to be a signature in Outlook for mac

I use Outlook for Mac via subscribing to Office 365 for mac. All my colleagues use PC's and run outlook 2010. They use their own electronic business card as their signatures but I cannot as it's not a feature of outlook for mac

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Contact lookup slow

Improve responsiveness of contact lookup when adding addressees to email messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send Out of Office replies to a domain

I have the option to send OOO replies to all or to my contacts. I would also like the option to send OOO to any user of a particular domain. I have customers who may not be in my contacts list but I know the domain name that someone would be sending from.This would give better control than sending to all external users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. internal and external email tab or view.

Create a tab (or view) that allows me to easily switch between a message list that contains internal and external emails. I could see a tab next to "other" or a special filter under the Filter Email button on the Ribbon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Clear up confusing text for deleting / empty folder

When RH Clicking on a folder change the text for "Delete" which deletes the FOLDER to say "delete FOLDER" the text for "Delete all" can change to "Empty Folder" or something along those lines. Too many time I have deleted a folder when trying to empty a folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the "Move To" folder picklist to be longer than 10.

Allow the "Move To" folder picklist to be longer than 10 folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring back run schedule feature to be able to schedule cleanup of email in different folders

I used heavily Run Schedule in Outlook 2011 to keep my mailbox at a manageable size. I receive a lot of alerts type emails that must be filed away for some period of time and can be deleted past a certain age. So I used run schedule to delete email older than x days from several different folders in my Exchange account. The different folders had different retention policy. My cleanup would run once a day and save a lot of manual work.

I have been terribly frustrated to find that this feature is missing from Outlook 2016 for Mac…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a preference option to lock the mailboxes in Favourites, it is very easy to accidentally delete a folder and this is time consuming

Add ability to lock mailboxes in favourites.

It is far too easy to accidentally delete a mail box using the current star system (Mac OS X)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow moving search results to "Focused" or "Other" inboxes

When I'm in my Inbox and I highlight a message, I can see the Move to Other/Focused choices in the top menu under Messages (nothing in the ribbon), but if I do a search and highlight a message, that choice disappears from the Message menu.

I often do searches that result in long conversations that need to be moved to Focused or Other.

Outlook for Mac 2016 v15.41. My MacOS is High Sierra v10.13.2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow "Filter Email" status to be remembered when switching between e-mail accounts

Allow "Filter Email" status to be remembered when switching between e-mail accounts.
    Presently you have to redo "Filter E-mail" anytime you switch between inboxes. For example, if I look at Email Account #1 with the "Unread" filter on, then switch momentarily to Email Account #2 to read an e-mail, when I come back to the same folder of Email Account #1, the filter has automatically been removed and I have to redo it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Request to change password for Mac Clients on O365 Admin center

Please improve password sync time between O365 and Mac Outlook client. It is taking almost 1 hour for when a user has requested to change a password on Outlok (Mac), and when I change it on O365 Admin Center, it takes almost 1 hour for Outlook to prompt the user to change his/her password. Windows clients do not experience this as when a request to have password change is made, it is immediate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Assign a keyboard shortcut for “new email from template”!

Please assign a keyboard shortcut or at least make a button for “new email from template”! It is a great new “feature” to have templates for the Mac version, but no one wants to wander around menu items to get an email started! Thank you!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow removing ARCHIVE BUTTON from ribbon

Please allow ability to remove/disable ARCHIVE button in ribbon

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Minimum font size for Preview pane

I usually use "Smaller" for Text display size because folder pane and email list pane font gets smaller and look out more folders and emails at a glance. But in that case, font in preview gets smaller also and sometimes it's difficult to read. So could you make the feature to set smallest font size in preview pane? Actually most of case, we spend much of time reading email and small font gets tougher when you get older (40+). I can increase the text size by Cmd+'+' but in that case all the email's font gets bigger. Some html email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring back preview line without line break cutting

Latest update of Mac Outlook (15.40 171108) destroyed the preview line in message window. Suddenly it reads and use the line break char, which cause a lot of information loss in preview. A lot of mail starts with
    Hi!
    So now you only se hi instead of the all characters without line break. This is a major downside to all of us handling hundreds of emails per day

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give an indication of the order of updates. If Mac OS has a security update and Office for Mac has updates. Do the OS upgrade FIRST..

The Office for Mac update description in the Office for Mac should draw attention to the possibility of corrupting the SQL Lite data base if the Office updates are performed prior to a Mac OS Security (or Other?) update.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 22 23 24 26 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories