OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Import hyperlink from Filemaker Pro

In my Filemaker Pro database, there is a function called send mail. This function takes data from my database and creates an email in Outlook. It works great. The one thing I have not been able to automate with this script step is creating a hyperlink in Outlook. I have to copy and paste the url into the Hyperlink option on the format menu in outlook. I then shorten the hyperlink displayed in the email to a more recognizable text string so that the link is more intuitive for the end user. I would save a lot of keystrokes if…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the actual date in the Reading Pane for "today" emails

I saw this post on the web, and I realize I too want to see the date, even it if is "Today". Sometimes I just don't know what day it is, and I look at my Inbox to confirm the date - BUT now all Today emails are dated "Today". Can we then change the date in the Reading Pane from "Today" to the actual date? It still would show Today in the Inbox, but be more specific in the Reading Pane.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make Send/Receive Pull Down Indvidual for email - Same as 2011

Make Send/Receive Pull Down Individual select for email - Like it is in 2011

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it easier to deselect a message when preview pane is at the bottom of the inbox.

I want to be able to close the preview pane when I'm done reading a message, so that I just see the list of emails (e.g., in my inbox). If my email list is short, I can click on the white space between the end of the list and the beginning of the reading pane, which returns me to my list with no preview, but that's trickier when the list is longer than one screen length.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow the ability to select multiple messages when sorted by from without having to expand the list.

If you set the sort by from all the messages are listed unexpanded from each sender. If select the sender you are not able to do any actions (delete / move / archive) you have to expand each sender first and then manually select each message. It means it takes a huge amount of time if you have select 500+ messages from one sender. On PC Outlook you can select all messages from multiple senders very easily.
    I and my staff have lost many hours of productivity when cleaning up mailboxes due to this functionality missing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prioritise Inbox retrieval of new, unread emails on startup

Outlook seems to scan all folders, possibly calendars, before attempting to retrieve new emails. (Alternatively, email delivery and retrieval appears glacial when compared to other clients, making it feel like Outlook isn't very responsive)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Favorites hierarchy

Make Favorites folders inherit the down hierarchy and do not stop to the actual level they're pointing to

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include option to disable DELETE ALL trash can in the Outlook Organize tab (Mac)

I’ve been burned again by Outlook (Mac)….
    I accidentally selected DELETE ALL twice now over the last month or so, deleting massive numbers of emails before I was able to stop it, particularly the first time. I was able to recover both times, but it is a BIG HASSLE and some mail was likely lost in the process.
    This happened to me twice, early in the morning, right after I got up and not completely awake. Both times I was checking and deleting some emails and selected a few to delete. My Outlook page just happened to be open in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add "Correct Spelling Automatically" and "suggest most used addresses" after initial letter(s) prompt in address boxes.

It seems stupid and counterproductive that Outlook in Office for Mac 2016 does not do two things, so far as I have been able to determine: 1. Enable "Correct Spelling Automatically" as a one-time preference setting, and 2. Suggest the most often used email addresses that start with one or two letters after prompting in address boxes to make it considerably less burdensome to complete address boxes.

Millions of business Mac business users who are trying to take advantage of Outlook's purported advantages over their native Mail system are being deprived of these time-savers by some sort of institutional reticence…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display the correct symbol for signed and encrypted mails

Currently all e-mails which are signed, encrypted or signed+encrypted have the lock symbol in the 'attachement' column. Furthermore when writing a new e-mail and select the option to sign the message a notification bar shows up between the subject and the text showing a lock symbol.
    This might be missleading for the user and she might think that the content of a signed e-mail gets encrypted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Also search in attachment in Outlook for Mac

Outlook for Mac uses spotlight and does not search keywords in attachments. On windows, web-based outlook and on iPhone, this works perfectly. I suggest that search is also extended to search in the attachments

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Resolve the various incompatibility issues between sending Word documents as an email

Word Documents which can be sent as an email in Windows send fine but when using the same document and being shared from Word into Outlook on the Mac they simply do not format the same, despite the document looking correct in Word. Problem is with the formatting of boxes (e.g. like an org chart). I have to revert to a Windows laptop to send documents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide the ability to export emails to a common format (CSV, JSON XML etc)

Outlook Mac only allows you to export emails to another .olm file which is useless then you need to move the data to different applications. Please provide the above option, even if it excludes attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Active Connection Status

Sometimes connection fails because you pop a browser window under a bunch of other windows. Don't do that, obviously. But if you just can't figure out how to fix that, then make the connection status tell the user why Outlook is not connected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Asignments

Please allow Mac to take and give asignments, as in PC version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make standard offer/ deal tekst template in Outlook Customer Manager. With this template its easier to make offers to customers

Make standard offer/ deal tekst template in Outlook Customer Manager. With this template its easier to make offers to customers and if controllable e.g. the agenda you never lose control. It would be nice when there are flags, due date etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating a folder, do not automatically go to that folder after creation

When I create a new folder/sub-folder, it immediately takes me to that folder immediately after creation. I usually am creating a folder to move messages into that folder. If I am immediately taken to that folder, I have to go back to the original folder, select the messages, then drag/drop them. It's pretty useless to go to an empty folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Electronic business card to be a signature in Outlook for mac

I use Outlook for Mac via subscribing to Office 365 for mac. All my colleagues use PC's and run outlook 2010. They use their own electronic business card as their signatures but I cannot as it's not a feature of outlook for mac

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Contact lookup slow

Improve responsiveness of contact lookup when adding addressees to email messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send Out of Office replies to a domain

I have the option to send OOO replies to all or to my contacts. I would also like the option to send OOO to any user of a particular domain. I have customers who may not be in my contacts list but I know the domain name that someone would be sending from.This would give better control than sending to all external users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base