OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. May I change the order of signatures

Since we can't make templates <https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business/suggestions/16306096-i-suggest-you-make-it-possible-to-create-email-tem> I tend to make several signatures to allow me to quickly send template mails.

These are ordered FIFO - I want my main signature to be the last on the list, but I can't drag it down. Can I change this in a database or preference or does this function need to be added graphically to the app?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Outlook autoformatting text with heading styles

For the last few Insider Fast updates I've faced an annoying bug.
    If I don't end a paragraph with a full-stop or comma before hitting return (twice) Outlook autoformats the paragraph with a heading style.

My default font is set to Georgia 11pt.

If I start an email 'Dear Tim' then press enter twice it autoformats 'Dear Tim as Calibri Light 16pt in blue.

The only advice Support could give was to use the Preference reset tool, but this wipes all any categories or rules you have set up, and I have around 50 of each so am reluctant to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To be able to send windows compatible hyperlinks to files.

When I send hyperlinks to files from Outlook from Mac Windows users cannot open it, due to the different nature of hyperlink creation of the two OS. I'd like to be able to create a hyperlink to a file on a Mac that Windows users can open.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Store button to Mac 2016 Toolbar that was announced a year ago. Is this ability to support Ad-ins so hard?

Add Store button to Mac 2016 Toolbar that was announced a year ago. Is this ability to support Ad-ins so hard?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. adress

It is very disappointing that a very common daily use feature as using an adressbook/contacts in outlook is not supported by Microsoft. Please add this feature!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Post-receipt rules

Please allow for rules that are applied based on user action in addition to those applied to incoming e-mail. If I want all emails I have sent to a specific user to automatically move into a subcategory that should be possible after I hit send. If I want something I put a category tag on to move to a subfolder that should be possible. If I have a category for follow-up and I then follow up, it should be able to switch categories automatically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Outlook for mac not working

My Outlook for Mac Office 2011 has stopped working, please help as not received emails since 5th May 2020?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include removed attachments filenames in search indexes

I remove large file attachments if they're big files, but I'd still like Outlook search to show me the emails those files were attached to. Helpfully Outlook does show you that a file was removed and gives the filename, so the data is still there. Presumably adding this to what the search indexes should therefore be possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I suggest you add better Outlook integration with Planner

there is no easy way to add an email from outlook to a planner task as a attachment. An option in outlook to add to plan, attach to planner task would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Inline mini translator for Office 365 for Mac.

Inline mini translator for Office 365 for Mac. Similar to what you have for the windows version.
    The ability to select text in the mail and a hover box appears with the translated text.
    I am English speaking living in Germany so this is vital to my productivity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Place "next messasge" and "previous message" arrows in ribbon.

The "^[" keystrokes don't work on my MacBook Pro. Another feature that has always existed w/ Windows version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improved contact selection

The highlighted suggested email contact changes once active directory contacts load in. It would be nice if the first contact in the list staid highlighted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG: "Focused" view of Inbox ignored with filters

If I'm looking at my "Focused" Inbox (a feature I like, thanks!) and then select a filter, say "Unread", all of a sudden my "Other" Inbox messages are displayed. Oops. I consider this a bug, when I filter, I want to see less, not more. It would be acceptable if "Focused Messages" was one of the filter options and I defaulted to match what view I started the search from. In this case, it would probably be best to expose a new name for this filter and allow the values: focused/other/all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bulk download email attachments from multiple emails

Ability to select multiple emails and download attachments to a specified folder (with one click) - a feature previously enabled on Outlook for Mac 2016.

I receive a large volume of emailed purchase orders and invoices daily which I need to save to a folder and upload to an accounting system. It is very time consuming and tedious having to select individual messages and attachments for download. Currently when you select multiple messages and right click download, it only does the first or last email attachment, not all email attachments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With the reading pane on the right, keep the inbox list from moving when incoming messages arrive

When reading email and a surge arrives, the inbox list will jump and move around. This can cause the focused message to fall off the screen. If one isn't careful, an errant mouse click will delete the wrong message.

I've had messages arrive just as I'm clicking, causing the list to scroll and me to click on deleting a different message than the one I'm viewing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BUG: HTML formatted emails gets forwarded as empty or blank emails

I suggest you fix the following "bug" even if you think it is a feature (as according to Microsoft online help).
    I consider it a bug when a person opens an HTML formatted email, and by mistake or on purpose clicks randomly inside the email before forwarding it, which causes Outlook to forward the email with no content (totally blank). This "feature" does not exist in Windows version of Outlook.
    I tried several ways to report this issue, but it has gone unanswered. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OSX Outlook 2016 Pasting from Webpage to New Email

Apple OSX - Outlook 2016

Copy and paste from webpage HTML to composed HTML message loses style/css. I would suggest exploring enhancement to the rendering. Including pasting of table boarders, center align, and text formatting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Offline emails "sent" date & time are shown with the email creation date not the actual sent date in Yahoo and Gmail IMAP

When you create an email in offline mode and press 'send" as soon as you finish the email, but connecting to the internet sometime later, using Gmail or Yahoo IMAP settings, the emails will be sent with the date of creation, not with the actual date and time when it was sent. If you create an email on Sunday, but you send it on Tuesday, the recipient will receive it with Sunday's date. It causes a lot of confusion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Like native MAC Mail- Un-Read Email Counter should show total of all unlining subfolder on the main folder along with individual subfolders

I love the MAC Mail nature app. I use outlooks because I am owner of an MSP and need the deep outlook integration into Sharepoint and Groups, etc. But the one thing I think you should change asap. Is the "Un-Read email counter" . Right now if I have a organized folder structure and setup rules to automatically organize my emails. I am unaware that I have emails if the folder structure is collapsed. You should show the total of the below subfolder on the main folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BUG: HTML formatted emails gets forwarded as empty or blank emails

I suggest you fix the following "bug" even if you think it is a feature (as according to Microsoft online help).
    I consider it a bug when a person opens an HTML formatted email, and by mistake or on purpose clicks randomly inside the email before forwarding it, which causes Outlook to forward the email with no content (totally blank). This "feature" does not exist in Windows version of Outlook.
    I tried several ways to report this issue, but it has gone unanswered. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base