OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Bug report - Local Inbox Sync

With irritating regularity, Outlook will not actually sync my local inbox - even after the 'Synchronize Now' button is used multiple times.

In these scenarios, I can attempt to quit and restart outlook (I frequently need to force quit), but the inbox still won't actually sync. If I want to actually receive new messages, I need to fully reboot my machine for outlook to pick up new messages. Force-syncing doesn't resolve the issue, quitting / force-quitting and re-starting Outlook doesn't solve the issue, only rebooting the machine does.

I am running on an up-to-date version of Mojave, and I keep…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VBA or the capability to add a rule to block a user-defined email until manually released by the user.

I have colleagues who move between various clients using client email addresses. It isn't a good look to send email to the wrong address, and although disabling autofill is very helpful, I would find it beneficial to have the option. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enhance the "Create Appointment" feature

Enhance the "Create Appointment" feature to create a calendar entry and after clicking the appointment the former selected email should be opened instead of a typical calendar entry. Additionally change the data selection field to show the whole calendar instead of a date selection option. During the creation process is not clear if a potential slot is not already used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keep previous sort preferences for column headers

I prefer to have date sort with the oldest on top. Let's say I have my email sorted in that manner. If I click on Subject, it re-sorts by subject. That's fine. However, If I then click on the "Date Received" header, it automatically re-sorts with newest on top, and I have to click the column header again to sort with oldest on top. It would be nice to have the last order used for a column when one clicks the header to sort by that column. The email client I use for personal use (Postbox) does this, and it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. shift+control+command+4

After using shift+control+command+4 for screenshot, then paste to new email. The size of pic is not actual.(macOS Sierra 10.12.5, outlook is 15.35)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please could we adapt the cmd+T shortcut to toggle read/unread as opposed to just 'mark as read'?

Please could we adapt the cmd+T shortcut to toggle read/unread as opposed to just 'mark as read'?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix the information included about the original message when replying/forwarding

Fix the function that includes the FROM, DATE, TO, SUBJECT of the original message. Only the date is included, which somehow messes up the grouping by conversation... Outlook will no longer group the emails that are sent without the information of the original message by conversation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When restarting Outlook for Mac for an upgrade, take the user to their last location

I”m on the fast track, so I get more updates than most uses would (I hope!!), but Microsoft restarts the app with each update, and you need to go back to where you were. In Word, PowerPoint and Excel, once you open the file you were in, there is a flag you can click to return to where you were. However, in Outlook on Mac you are taken back to the top of your inbox. My workflow is to sort Outlook with the newest messages at the bottom of my inbox, plus I use several folders, so I need to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow CMD+C to copy receipt address

Allow CMD+C to copy sender address without a need to open a contact

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I suggest a search field popping up when filing emails. It is very useful in the iPhone App. Current workflow cumbersome.

The current work flow for filing emails in the Outlook for Mac App, especially if the target folder is not on the short list. Too many clicks to select the target folder.
    In addition, if the folder should be firstly created, this is also nt supported (but on the version Office365 on the web).
    A search field for typing and then quickly selecting would be nice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix recipient auto complete.

Recipient auto complete in Outlook Office 365 is severely lacking. Only a few of the most commonly used names of hundreds are referenced, requiring a hunt and peck search to find the correct recipient(s). In all other email providers recipient addresses are instantly presented. Why not this Windows product?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Outlook 365 for Mac

As it stands, any Mac user with Catalina operating systems are unable to mark incoming emails (in shared email accounts) as spam or as well as Blocking senders. It works fine on a Windows operating system however not at all on a Mac. Junk options are greyed out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Outlook mail seacrch

Having recently moved to MAC ..... I find the search capability on Outlook mail very frustrating. Simpl things like on a PC .. I could click on 'from column .... type ..Joh and it will sort tos how all mails from name - John On a Mac is ai type Joh ... only last letter is used ... and will sort to fhow 'h'
    Compounded by very poor seach in teh search bar ..... it is very unreliable seach .... and does not seem to support 'Adv' search options as on PC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better Google Contacts pictures handling

Google integration is still in the works and is constantly improving, I suggest to improve the way contact pictures are handled across accounts.

• If I have a Google contact, with its picture, picture does not appear when I receive an email in Outlook from that contact through another email address (other than Gmail)

• Can't edit contact pictures in Google contacts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ruler

Please make it possible to view the ruler in an email message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. nested Smart Folders (like Mac Mail's Smart Mailboxes)

If you use smart searches a lot, this is a handy way to keep organized and keep similar searches together.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restore full header info for Google based accounts in Outlook for Mac.

with the latest version of Outlook for Mac, view source does not return the service information in the header. if you connect via an imap account to a google account, it still works. But with the new api to google, you only get the body and sender info. This makes it hard to determine the source of spam and other message by tracing the IP addresses of mx servers that the message went through. google provides this information on their website. so we can still get the info, but this is an extra step. especially when you can still get…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)