OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Allow group by subject, sort by date, outside of conversations

I would like to be able to select: arrange by subject, newest on top, show in groups. This would work just like arrange by conversations, newest on top, show in group, except it would work for messages that have the same subject but are not in a conversation.

Here's the use case: my corp wiki sends me a message whenever a page I'm watching is updated. There's a lot of these. The subject is always: "[Wiki] title-of-the-page-that-was-updated". So when someone saves frequently while working on a page I get a lot of messages with the same subject, but they are…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365 Message Encryption (OME)

Provide OME Encryption function to the Permission button similar to Outlook on Windows.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to attach documents from SharePoint on Outlook 2016 on Mac

Ability to attach documents from SharePoint on Outlook 2016 on Mac

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide messages from other folders in Conversation View

In the new version of Outlook for Mac, the conversation view is too hard to follow when multiple "active" emails are in my inbox. The mix of archived emails, sent emails and more makes the email chain crazy to follow. Please add the option to hide emails not in the current folder (i.e. when I'm in the Inbox View, I see all items in the conversation that are also in the inbox). Then like in the old version of Outlook, you can have the button to show all.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. search

Please reinstate the quick refinements for "from:", "to:" and "contains:" to be added to keywords entered into the search box in Outlook for Mac 2016.

The new predictive algorithm and search suggestions don't work for me at all – sometimes I need to find emails "from X", sometimes I need the ones sent "to X" and sometimes I want emails that "contain X" where X is a person's name, a company, or a product.

The previous refinements made it fast to find emails and switch the filtering. The new way involves multiple clicks, or setting up saved searches – it's so much…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unread folder (just like windows version)

Unread folder (just like windows version), not a smart folder at the bottom of the list. I have 80-100 subfolders and many, many rules for my incoming email. Having the Unread folder at the top just like the windows version would be much more helpful.
    Or, if not possible have the Smart folder option also be a Favorite.
    Please at the Favorite star to Smart Folders too.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow color coding of folders, make folders=categories

Sifting through folders and organizing emails is very time-consuming now because you can't color code them, add icons, or visually differentiate them on the sidebar. So when you're looking for which folder to put an email into, it's hard to immediately spot it. Also, folders are limiting because if an email fits in 2 categories, you have to duplicate it and put it in both. Categories, on the other hand, seriously rock because you can quickly tell which one they are because you can assign a color, and because you can give one email multiple categories. I would love to…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fetch mailbox signature from Outlook Web

The Outlook client should have a way of syncing the email signature from the cloud.

It is important to keep all signature synchronized between all clients, Outlook web, Outlook client, Outlook for mac, Outlook for iOS and so on.

The Exchange Transport Rule is not an ideal fit for this scenario.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For Mac OS Outlook, allow user to select option to not deleted accepted meeting invitations, the same as the MS Windows versions.

For Mac OS Outlook, allow user to select option to not deleted accepted meeting invitations, the same as the MS Windows versions.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Block ability to Archive Emails to Mac

Provide a mechanism to restrict users from archiving emails locally to their Mac. Many corporations restrict this on PC's with PST files and we need a way to do this as Macs continue to grow in the Enterprise environment.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save replies in folder of message you are replying to

I would like to be able to automatically save email replies to the folder that the email you are replying to is in.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support flag for followup (like outlook on windows)

Support outlook for windows mail features. Including flag for follow up that will put a flag and date alert on the recipients email.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow HTML Signatures

Please add the ability to install HTML email signatures, even if just by making it possible to place .htm files in the Signatures folder.

I can install an HTML email signature in Outlook on Windows, but right now I have to recreate it from scratch to install it on Outlook for Mac, and signatures will not match across my team since it cannot be formatted exactly the same.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Conversation thread cleanup

In office 2010 there was a feature to clean up older emails in a thread. Rather than having 15 emails, in a conversation, it would easily delete older ones which were still able to be found as part of a "reply". That way you could easily reduce and cleanup duplicates of emails.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. always use single-line layout

I miss the "Always use single-line layout" feature from Outlook for Windows. In Outlook Mac, when the reading pane is on the Right, the message list cannot be single-line.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for opening .MSG files in Outlook for Mac

Support for opening .MSG files in Outlook for Mac.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable the Mac client to be able to move message(s)/folders to on-line archive. Today, has to be done message by message.

My company uses O365 with On-line archive. Under the Mac client, we have to move individual messages one at a time. Can't move multiple messages or whole folders.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to read emails initially in plain text

Mac version of OLK misses option to force mails to be read initially as plain text. Active content and dynamically downloaded content expose to security threats. Users and SysAdmins should have option to limit attack surface.

Ref. https://twitter.com/5ean5ullivan/status/1002451004883861504?s=21

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. make Outlook automatically close an open message window after moving/filing item out of Inbox

Please make Outlook automatically close an open message window after moving/filing item out of Inbox.

This is not a new idea and it exists on the Windows version. I tried searching for this as an existing idea but couldn't find it. Perhaps that's why it has not been implemented

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeoutlook-msomac/how-to-make-outlook-automatically-close-an-open/a0fb0110-0484-4008-bdab-b0d0d79afb0d?auth=1

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base