OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. search top

Move search bar within Outlook back to its old location. The new location of the search bar is inconvenient and not intuitive, the search field should be closer to the emails themselves instead of excommunicated to the blue bar at the top of the netherworld. Not sure why anyone thought that would be a good idea or that anyone would have asked for that. Please move it back within the body of Outlook so it is closer to the email content that needs to be searched.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easy to block junk

Spammers change the user name and keep sending junk from the same same domain. To stop spam one needs to block the entire domain. Currently, the process is:

1. copy the email address

2. go to settings

3. go to view more

4. go to block sender

Step one is difficult.

The easy solution is to:

From the Junk dropdown menu replace "Block" with:
    Block user
    Block domain

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include the folder names in the reading pane

With mails showed as conversation or when I have the result of a search, I would like to see in which folder each message is stored directly in the reading pane.
    I know that it is possible to see the folder name in the window title when the message is opened in a window, but this is not so practical.
    Also, the functionality is available opening Outlook on the web, so why not to include it in Outlook for Mac? Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mail Vault - a Hardened Folder with Enhanced Privacy, Security and Encryption

Feature: Vault Folder

I want a "vault" folder with hardened encryption, access and authentication.

Imagine similar features to [OneDrive's Personal Vault](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/06/25/onedrive-personal-vault-added-security-onedrive-additional-storage/). Essentially I want similar features in Outlook.

Core Business Requirements

The core concepts of this suggested folder feature:

• Hardened encryption at rest

• Effective privacy enhancements

• Lockable, auto-lock and timeout

• Additional authentication

• Secure multi-factor authentication options

Nice to See

I would rather see some Vault-like feature than none.
    To see this implemented "right" in my own view would need

• Recovery Key Management

• Strong Open Cryptography

• Strong MFA

• Inhibited Access

• Exfiltration Protection

• Access Restrictions

• Privacy by Default

• Secure Development
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SMIME is broken in the "new outlook" for MacOS (also the advanced account option is gone")

Reinstate the advanced account options to be able to configure and use S/MIME

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give the ability to designate a default _sender_ address not just a default _reply-from_ address

Give the ability to designate a default sender address not just a default reply-from addr. I have both personal and work e-mail on my office computer which is acceptable use in my company. However, Outlook chooses the sender depending on what message I have currently selected. There is no way to specify that mail should always be sent from my work address. This has resulted in me accidently sending potentially sensitive company information through my Google mail. In addition to the potential security problem this represents, having the wrong sender confuses people from my company. Please help me stop getting…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prevent dark mode from changing colors in email messages.

I had sent a test email from Mailchimp that displayed colors that upon viewing in dark mode had changed from what I had originally selected in my browser. Outlook 16.27 on OS X 10.14.5

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders

Show Unread Message count next to Smart Folders, the same way it shows up for all other folders. The use case here is that I've created smart folders for mail in my Inbox that is from key people (one smart folder per person) that I need to prioritize. When new mail arrives from one of those people, I need a visual queue that a new message has arrived from that person.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. option to disable automatic Alt Text for images

whenever I add an (inline) image to a message, outlook automatically generates Alt Text to helpfully describe this graphic. please provide a way to disable this. I share design visuals many times a day, and this description is almost never even close: eg a recent effort was tagged as being 'A parrot'. which it really wasnt

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add BCC when creating a mail merge from Word. Currently there is no way to add BCC field when creating a mail merge on a Mac vs PC

Similar to a PC running windows, really need the ability to add the BCC field when creating a mail merge. Cannot do this on a MAC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email templates

Make it easier to create Outlook messages from prebuilt and responsive email templates. Like Mailchimp but inside of Outlook.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions), for Mac

Have Outlook added to the 'share' menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's time-consuming, and annoying to constantly have to drag files to Outlook — as opposed to being able to sending them via Outlook under the 'share' option. This is a must for businesses, that email a lot of attachments. Thanks.

784 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add Quick Look and Spotlight support to Outlook.

Messages in Outlook show up in Spotlight searches as Outlook files without content previews. Viewing Outlook messages in Spotlight should be as easy as previewing other file types (including Word and PowerPoint docs).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tab for Bullet Indentation

Please restore the bullet indentation function to the tab key in Outlook for Mac. Updated to the latest version on both iMac and MacBook and found the function no longer works.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ability to view the email alias to which the orginal email was sent, without being redirected to the default email alias.

Prior to migrating to O365, we were using Zoho Email and I have had few email alias for various purposes like an alias for subscription, some I had used earlier (longer ones) before I created a shorter version of the email (for easy usage).

Also, helps be identify which ones I had subscribed and which ones I had not - so, I can easily filter out the ones I had not originally subscribed to. With the current implemention of redirecting emails from all alias to the default alias, I'm unable to identify the same. I'm also hoping this redirection doesn't…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Import hyperlink from Filemaker Pro

In my Filemaker Pro database, there is a function called send mail. This function takes data from my database and creates an email in Outlook. It works great. The one thing I have not been able to automate with this script step is creating a hyperlink in Outlook. I have to copy and paste the url into the Hyperlink option on the format menu in outlook. I then shorten the hyperlink displayed in the email to a more recognizable text string so that the link is more intuitive for the end user. I would save a lot of keystrokes if…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Block Drag & Drop of Emails from Outlook to Mac

For PC's, GPOs are available to restrict certain settings to block drag and drop of emails from Outlook to the desktop or network shares. No such setting exists for Mac users. While Microsoft has blocked the ability to export PSTs, this still leaves open a security hole where users can simply drag emails outside of their mailbox. Requesting the ability to block this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow sort options to be set per folder instead of for all folders

I would like to be able to keep the Group by Category option set on my Inbox, but for Sent items, I would like it to always sort by Date Sent. I think this feature may have been lost in a recent update.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Outlook mail seacrch

Having recently moved to MAC ..... I find the search capability on Outlook mail very frustrating. Simpl things like on a PC .. I could click on 'from column .... type ..Joh and it will sort tos how all mails from name - John On a Mac is ai type Joh ... only last letter is used ... and will sort to fhow 'h'
    Compounded by very poor seach in teh search bar ..... it is very unreliable seach .... and does not seem to support 'Adv' search options as on PC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outlook 365 for Mac

As it stands, any Mac user with Catalina operating systems are unable to mark incoming emails (in shared email accounts) as spam or as well as Blocking senders. It works fine on a Windows operating system however not at all on a Mac. Junk options are greyed out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories