OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions), for Mac

Have Outlook added to the 'share' menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's time-consuming, and annoying to constantly have to drag files to Outlook — as opposed to being able to sending them via Outlook under the 'share' option. This is a must for businesses, that email a lot of attachments. Thanks.

358 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    29 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. search

Please reinstate the quick refinements for "from:", "to:" and "contains:" to be added to keywords entered into the search box in Outlook for Mac 2016.

The new predictive algorithm and search suggestions don't work for me at all – sometimes I need to find emails "from X", sometimes I need the ones sent "to X" and sometimes I want emails that "contain X" where X is a person's name, a company, or a product.

The previous refinements made it fast to find emails and switch the filtering. The new way involves multiple clicks, or setting up saved searches – it's so much…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quote character instead of indentation

Indentation is not enough for quoting email text. Not having a clear character as ”>“ (as plain text standard) or “|” (as apple mail) holds me from using Outlook on my Mac. Although it is a really goog email client.
    Come on, please!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Outlook autoformatting text with heading styles

For the last few Insider Fast updates I've faced an annoying bug.
    If I don't end a paragraph with a full-stop or comma before hitting return (twice) Outlook autoformats the paragraph with a heading style.

My default font is set to Georgia 11pt.

If I start an email 'Dear Tim' then press enter twice it autoformats 'Dear Tim as Calibri Light 16pt in blue.

The only advice Support could give was to use the Preference reset tool, but this wipes all any categories or rules you have set up, and I have around 50 of each so am reluctant to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ability to snooze

Add ability to snooze messages (i.e schedule messages to come back to the top of your Inbox). Many modern clients support this and it is actually already part of Outlook for iOS. If added, this should be available to use as one of the swipe gestures.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a delay rule to all outgoing emails

We would like to have an option to create a rule to delay all outgoing email, like in Outlook for Windows.
    Thye idea is to have a small time to cancel the sending if there is something wrong.

You can delay individual messages, but you cannot add a rule to "auto-delay" X time any email you send.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark mode reading pane is unusable in latest version

I just updated to the latest version of Office for Mac that support Dark Theme in MacOS Mojave. I like using Dark Theme and am excited that Outlook is joining the team, but I am disappointed to see that the reading pane is still in light mode. It is jaring to see the reading pane next to the rest of the program. Is there a way to make the reading pane be dark as well?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add native smart card support

Add support for digital signature and encryption certificates located on smart cards.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "send availability" & "defer (scheduling) email" similar to iOS version

Would like to have the iOS "send availability" & "defer (scheduling) email" features in Mac version. Currently, the iOS features do not appear to be available in the Mac version.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. dwillis@shutterfly.com

If an email is assigned a category and that email is used to create a task or meeting, then the category should still be attached to the task/meeting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need the capability of saving a specific OUTLOOK email folder to a specific folder in my DOCUMENTS.

For legal purposes I need to save all emails pertaining to specific real estate transactions their respective FOLDERs in Documents on my MAC. I then download them to a thumb drive and save them for 7 years, as required. About 3 years ago that capability disappeared and I've been stuck ever since.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. handoff

I use iOS and macOS outlook, it would be great if the Apple Handoff API was used so I could start a mail on the phone and finish on the mac.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow the user to "pin" an email to the top of their inbox, like on Outlook.com

For my corporate email, I use outlook.office.com, Outlook for Mac, and Outlook for Windows, and Outlook for Android.

I love the web client's ability to "pin" important emails to the top of my inbox. Since this feature is not supported on any other client, I end up using both the web and desktop clients throughout the day. It is very frustrating!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. reply | reply all toggle

Ability, once responding to a mail, to toggle 'reply' or 'reply all'. Save copying and pasting once you realise your mistake or change your mind...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to read emails initially in plain text

Mac version of OLK misses option to force mails to be read initially as plain text. Active content and dynamically downloaded content expose to security threats. Users and SysAdmins should have option to limit attack surface.

Ref. https://twitter.com/5ean5ullivan/status/1002451004883861504?s=21

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove the Unsubscribe button at the top for all subscription based emails

There is an annoying feature that appears for some emails- an "Unsubscribe" button that appears below the sender-subject-retention policy header. I'd like the option to turn this off or remove it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a "Paste as Quote" or "Copy as Quote" feature

Sometimes we need to quote from one email to send to someone else. Give me an option to copy or paste as a quote so the quote indent and attribution follow the text, rather than trying to either make that manually, or to create a reply then copy that into a new message (eg when trying to collect separate quotes from separate responses into one message).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. stationery

Please add stationery to Outlook for Mac (the same as in Outlook for Windows). It is a useful yet often overlooked feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a sorting option that will first sort by the status group names, then sort by date within the groups.

With all of the complexities of the ways you can sort mail, this basic functionality is missing. I want the default view to be my newest unread messages at the top of the inbox. Thanks to Diane Poremsky MVP, I understand that it is possible to use the View > Filter By > Unread command to show only unread messages, then flip the arrow to show newest on top. But then you can't see the read messages, and if you take the filter off or do a search, it changes the order of the unread so that the oldest are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base