OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Calendar and task-list in main-screen of outlook

At the moment calendar and task-list just can be used in separate screens. It would be very useful to implement both features (calendar & task-list) in the main screen of outlook, where mail view and folder structure is located. Windows-version of outlook already delivers this function by a so called "popup"-function, so please make it possible for mac-users, too. thanks.

260 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent dark mode from changing colors in email messages.

I had sent a test email from Mailchimp that displayed colors that upon viewing in dark mode had changed from what I had originally selected in my browser. Outlook 16.27 on OS X 10.14.5

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions), for Mac

Have Outlook added to the 'share' menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's time-consuming, and annoying to constantly have to drag files to Outlook — as opposed to being able to sending them via Outlook under the 'share' option. This is a must for businesses, that email a lot of attachments. Thanks.

668 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Dark Mode to include the message preview

Just like the topic says. Make dark mode include the message preview pane. The main interface is nice but the dark mode being there then contrasting with a bright white message preview really hurts the eyes.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import/Export folders and subfolders

I really need to export/import folders and subfolders. This enables me to prune folders by archiving them--and then restoring archived folder if I need them. Have had this capability in outlook in previous version, but not now. This seems to be a regression bug.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add Quick Look and Spotlight support to Outlook.

Messages in Outlook show up in Spotlight searches as Outlook files without content previews. Viewing Outlook messages in Spotlight should be as easy as previewing other file types (including Word and PowerPoint docs).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow opening multiple Outlook instances (e.g. one screen with Calendar, second with mailbox)

Back on Windows I always had two Outlook Windows open - one with mailbox, the second with calendar. Was really practical to be able to scroll through the calendar when writing an email and looking for possible slots to suggest a meeting/phone call/ etc. On Mac this does not seem possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "New Items" menu to Dock icon

By right clicking on the dock icon, it would be great to access the "New item" menu. I don't need to see the main Outlook window if I need to create a new email, note, appointment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Outlook mail seacrch

Having recently moved to MAC ..... I find the search capability on Outlook mail very frustrating. Simpl things like on a PC .. I could click on 'from column .... type ..Joh and it will sort tos how all mails from name - John On a Mac is ai type Joh ... only last letter is used ... and will sort to fhow 'h'
    Compounded by very poor seach in teh search bar ..... it is very unreliable seach .... and does not seem to support 'Adv' search options as on PC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Calendar - does not auto-populate

On Outlook for PC .... when a Calendar invite arrives - it automatically puts a 'greyed out' copy into a calendar view. This feature is missing on a MAC .... which means it is easy to miss an invite when you have a busy inbox. It is a great feature of Outlook ..... should be there for a MAC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook 365 for Mac

As it stands, any Mac user with Catalina operating systems are unable to mark incoming emails (in shared email accounts) as spam or as well as Blocking senders. It works fine on a Windows operating system however not at all on a Mac. Junk options are greyed out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Outlook users to edit Teams meeting details before invite is sent

Unlike Outlook on Windows, Mac users cannot edit the Teams meeting details before the invite is sent. This means you cannot add additional international dial in numbers to the invite which is very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create Adjustable Buffer Time for "Events from Email"

It is great to have my flight automatically show up on calendar but it does not factor in boarding time and allows people to book during boarding. It would be ideal to have an option to set a buffer time for the automatic meeting. For example for flight I might put 60 minutes buffer so if my flight is from 12:05pm-2:50pm then the calendar would book for 11:05 am to 2:50pm or create two appointments for pre-flight and flight. Same would apply for event, dining, and service events.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "Join" button for well-known conference services

My meetings are generally on Skype for Business, Teams, GoToMeeting, WebEx, and Zoom. Very often, the URL is embedded within the notes portion of the meeting invitation.

If the meeting is for Skype or Teams, there's a "Join" button in the reminders window and also when I click on the meeting in the calendar. It would be nice if Outlook would recognize other well-known meeting services and do the same so that I don't have to open up the meeting invitation to get to the link.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make the Mac version the SAME as the PC version with same tools & options

Please make all functionalities available in the PC version also available for Macs. Eg. Conditional Formatting, Send and File, allowing us to change our mail view to also incorporate things like the calendar so everything is in the same view! I know these are PC-enabled functionalities but Mac users need the same tools as everyone else! We do business the same way as everyone else within the organization and there seems to be a MASSIVE disparity between the PC suite vs the Mac suite of capabilities in the 2016 Outlook.

I also find it highly inconvenient that the program doesn't…

1,197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a secondary column sort to Outlook for Mac.

I need the ability to sort first by one column in my outlook (let's say "From") and then sort the "date sent" column too. It doesn't help to find a whole string of emails from myself that I've saved in a folder, but then have them appear in a date order that I can't see the rationale behind at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the sort order of tasks so that those with 'No due date' come after the furthest away tasks, not before

Currently if you sort tasks by Due date it displays as follows:
    Ascending order
    – No due date
    – Soonest dates
    – Furthest away dates

Descending order
    – Furthest away dates
    – Soonest dates
    – No due date

Wouldn't it make more sense for those with 'No due date' to come after the Furthest away dates, so that you're most pressing tasks can be ordered to display at the top of the list?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide UNDO for Archive or Delete actions on message windows

Given that:
    1- By design, each window will have its own Undo list
    2- Opening a message on a separate window and then clicking the Archive or Delete ribbon buttons on the message window, will Archive (or Delete) the message and close the window.

Result: Because the message window is closed when the action is executed, there is no way to UNDO the Archive and Delete actions when the message was opened on a separate message window.

Suggestion: on these cases, include the ability to undo the Archive and Delete actions on the parent window (the window where the message…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tally number of accepts, denies, etc on meeting invites

In Windows Outlook, as a meeting organizer, you can open the appointment and see the total number of accepts, denies, tentatives and no responses. This is extremely useful for anyone organizing a work event and needing a head count.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. hide foot

make the footer bar optional, possibility to hide it
    It only consumes space and does not provide any value as there is only the number of mails and the sync information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories